[PC Patch 182] Oxygen Tank in Backpack

I have the same issue. I am on xbox with patch 182. I also noticed tanks are made with compound now

Same here. It's not just Oxygen Tanks. Tethers, Filters and resources can't be attached in my game. Devs, please fix asap!

Playing on Xbox One.

Edited by Ghostwolf93

I think they may be preparing to make those top attachment points ready for backpack augments.  They may have had to code them to only accept certain items to function properly.

If such changes from previously experienced behavior are not mentioned in the patch notes, then it is only natural to assume they are unintended and, therefore, bugs.

33 minutes ago, Marck said:

If such changes from previously experienced behavior are not mentioned in the patch notes, then it is only natural to assume they are unintended and, therefore, bugs.

You've got a good point there, mate. I've just taken another look at the patch notes and you're right, there is nothing there about limiting what items can now be attached to any part of the backpack. Your logic here gives me hope.?

The downside is that there is nothing mentioned about changing what material Oxygen Tanks are made out of. By your same logic, that would mean that the change of resource needed is an unintended bug too. Not so good.?

Maybe they just leave some info out for players to discover on their own?  Trying to make things interesting while we all wait for content updates.Who knows...  Maybe being able to put the other items on the backpack from before the patch was the bug and not the current state.    It wouldn't be the first time developers left out some information from patch notes.  Like they didn't mention anything about when they added finding augments in the "hidden" satellites.  All we can really do is ask them what's up and hope they reply.

Can confirm. I tried. So far Battery pack can be equipped on the top slot backpack

I got O2 tank and Battery pack from fallen astroneer. So i dont think any research needed to be put on top of backpack. If battery works. then why not O2? :D

(pstt research always give me unnecessary things)

Edited by Safiuddin97

17 minutes ago, Safiuddin97 said:

Can confirm. I tried. So far Battery pack can be equipped on the top slot backpack

I got O2 tank and Battery pack from fallen astroneer. So i dont think any research needed to be put on top of backpack. If battery works. then why not O2? :D

(pstt research always give me unnecessary things)

Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding your point here:

1) We already know the Small Battery can still be equipped to the Active Slots. We are talking about the Oxygen Tank, or Small Oxygen Tank as it's now been renamed.

2) Research Artefacts (or Research Chests as they are being called these days) have never been able to be put into any part of the backpack, they are too big.

3) "If battery works. then why not O2?" Have you actually tried to put the Oxygen Tank you now have onto one of the two Active Slots? The game wouldn't let you now.

I'm not having a go at you, before anyone gets the wrong idea. I'm just asking for clarification on what you're saying, as I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

22 hours ago, Ghostwolf93 said:

The downside is that there is nothing mentioned about changing what material Oxygen Tanks are made out of. By your same logic, that would mean that the change of resource needed is an unintended bug too. Not so good.?

There is also the possibility that unintended changes are perceived by players as an improvement to the game and therefore not reported as bugs. Ideally, such is taken into consideration by the developers when realizing their vision for the game.

3) "If battery works. then why not O2?" Have you actually tried to put the Oxygen Tank you now have onto one of the two Active Slots? The game wouldn't let you now. .

The answer at least  for me and my group is none of us can put the O2 tank in the upper shoulder's of the backpack just the small battery.  And from what I have seen on stream no one can.

The question to you good sir's is this intentional or a bug?