SES_Adam

"Patch 182" - May 26, 2017

patch182_xb.thumb.jpg.9abc0e217df1c205f0d5fede87a72eac.jpg

Astroneer's Pre-Alpha Early Access version has just been updated to 0.3.10182.0 (Patch "182"). 

Steam 'Early Access' users will receive this update immediately. 
Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players can expect this patch to hit their consoles or Windows 10 machines in the next 48 hours.

This patch primarily focuses on a number of user-reported bugs and issues for Astroneer's pre-alpha. The team would like to thank everyone who is supporting Astroneer this early on and especially to those sharing bugs, crashes, ideas, and stories with us and the rest of the community.

Next week Veronica will share and discuss updates coming to the road map of Astroneer's development. Our team has nearly doubled in size since we launched on early access back in December '16. Since our team has grown so much we wanted to ensure the Road Map best reflected our teams goals and we can't wait to share that with you. 

UPDATES

You can find these updates in 182, the current build of the game.

• [AS-1018] - Steam now automatically uploads crash logs.
  • [AS-1078] - Backpack visual design has been updated and new animations applied.
  • [AS-1080] - Item names have been updated to better reflect their size. (e.g. Medium Rover, Large Rover, etc.).

FIXES
The following bugs are now fixed. Thank you to everyone in the community who had reported and shared details with us on these issues.

• [AS-864] - Fixed input inconsistencies in the Control Menu.
  • [AS-866] - When exiting a Shuttle docked at the Vehicle Bay, the Astroneer should no longer become stuck.
  • [AS-913] - Fixed an issue where certain objects were still appeared gray after a saved game was reloaded.
  • [AS-943] - Fixed an issue with solar panels failing to charge after loading a previously saved game. 
  • [AS-978] - Fixed a minor art overlap with the Research module hologram and research chests.
  • [AS-979] - Even more rocks now despawn after being dug up.
  • [AS-998] - Decorators no longer spawn on deformed terrain.
  • [AS-999] - Vehicles no longer automatically eject Astroneers.
  • [AS-1003] - Decorators now clean up appropriately when a module is built on top of them. 
  • [AS-1007] - Fixed an intermittent issue where space station launch buttons would stop working.
  • [AS-1008] - Fixed an issue where Dropships would remain on a planet if a player's game crashes mid-travel.
  • [AS-1013] - Fixed an issue where deform tools would be left behind in saved games that were generated in Multiplayer.
  • [AS-1022] - Smelters no longer generate partial resources.
  • [AS-1029] - Fixed an issue with objects floating as a player moves away from them.
  • [AS-1032] - Gas Bag explosions audio now plays correctly in Multiplayer.
  • [AS-1040] - Fixed issues with the Drill Head that prevented terrain deformation. 
  • [AS-1075] - Fixed an issue where Seats printed by the Vehicle Bay could not be removed from Rovers.
  • [AS-1100] - Fixed minor audio issue with the Backpack printer.
  • [AS-1105] - Items ejected from Backpacks can once again be picked up by players in Multiplayer.
  • [AS-1116] - Fixed Winch cable issues in Multiplayer.  
  • Fixed crashing issues caused by broken landing zones in Multiplayer. 
  • Fixed several issues where item input indicators were missing in Multiplayer.
  • Fix an issue where player color differentiation did not persist after loading a saved game.
  • Gas bags in caves now despawn after being destroyed. 

Seems like the backpack side slots will no longer attach many items. Only small solar and small wind so far, but I started a new game so not much to test with yet.

I haven't had a chance to play in a while, but I love all the things you guys you working on. Keep up the great work, thank you!

Great! No new content, but the bug-fixing helps alot with the development of the game.

Excited for what's to come up, with the larger team.

5 minutes ago, okie_dokie_ said:

Great! No new content, but the bug-fixing helps alot with the development of the game.

Excited for what's to come up, with the larger team.

This is primarily a quality of life update, but I think there are some larger implications on game play. Now that you don't roll out of the seat in vehicles when inverted, I am hoping to see some obstacle courses and jackass style stunts!

It would help if there is already an item tethered to a vehicle bay, you cannot land spacecraft there. Often I have to guess which of several zones I should land that is vacant

1 hour ago, wondible said:

Seems like the backpack side slots will no longer attach many items. Only small solar and small wind so far, but I started a new game so not much to test with yet.

Yes, it seems that the shoulder slots only work with certain items now. I can no longer use oxygen tanks, filters, tethers, augments and resources. Interesting thing is that the oxygen tanks no longer require titanium to produce but compound.

I notice that my oxygen tanks are still attached in the old game but if I remove them I can no longer place them back.

Edited by Mak-a-Face

For some reason gravity for Large Rover changed on Terran Planet. Now I resemble now  Barren Planet

51 minutes ago, SES_joe said:

This is primarily a quality of life update, but I think there are some larger implications on game play. Now that you don't roll out of the seat in vehicles when inverted, I am hoping to see some obstacle courses and jackass style stunts!

The only quality of life improvement I want is to have my habitat trapped Astroneers set free, or at the very least that it's not going to happen again, so much hard work ruined over something so infuriating as being to close to the damn thing when trying to pull out your tool 

6 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

[AS-1022] - Smelters no longer generate partial resources.

So does that mean they remember the partials like the terrain tool or do they just throw them away for you?

Looks like an old school double floppy disk 'portable' computer. I had a couple of those (osborne II and a Kaypro II). Maybe that's the new mobile research station!

Edited by Lil Puppy

I have so many questions like: how do I make hydrazine explode, what are you referring to when you say "medium" and "large" rovers, what exactly is in the game in terms of collectables from crash sites and what are their uses, is there a way for me to share Xbox captures with the Devs so I can show them what's wrong.  I would like answers please.  Still love the game one bug fixes will do wonders for it in the near future until more content is added to mess everything up again lol.  Seriously though I want answers.

Edited by SilverSilhouette
Typo

• [AS-1029] - Fixed an issue with objects floating as a player moves away from them.

Awww man, this was the coolest (what I assume was accidental) feature!!! You'd go out and find chests underneath plants, upon returning to the plants they'd be floating in the air!!!

[AS-1075] - i don't know folks... This always seemed like a feature not a bug. Maybe it's my weirdly wired brain.

Anyways: Great job SES, as usual!

Loving every thing that you throw at us(pleasedonotthrowrocks)!

[AS-1075] - i don't know folks... This always seemed like a feature not a bug. Maybe it's my weirdly wired brain.

But everything else is removable, reusable. I mean you had to move it off the printer onto the truck in the first place! 
I was more suprised that I couldn't re-use components printed from the vehicle bay - three seat, storage etc, I found it kind of counter intuitive to the re-usable, modular approach the rest of the game takes.

11 hours ago, SES_Adam said:
  • [AS-913] - Fixed an issue where certain objects were still appeared gray after a saved game was reloaded.

As Zorg would say, "My favorite."

Starting a new world would bum me out knowing the next time I loaded it, a lot of stuff would just be bleached.

(Warning: Likely won't fix pre-update saves. My old saves still have bleached organic structures. But I also tested with a new save and everything remained colorful. Both after a Quit to Menu and Quit to Desktop)

7 hours ago, Michal Lachut said:

For some reason gravity for Large Rover changed on Terran Planet. Now I resemble now  Barren Planet

Can confirm.... Gravity for certain objects is wacky....

Research items dont float anymore, but resources slightly raise off the ground as soon as your back is turned (they dont float away though)

Same for my Rover.. it slightly lifts off the ground and sometimes just flips over as soon as you walk away from it, or turn away from it (eg dont have it in your field of vision). Overall it seems to be very light now. Same for the underground satellites, they will move at the slightest of touches. Haven't had one float away but they will float up as soon as you disturb the ground under them. Then they will just hang in the air.

But so far everything else seems ok :)

Vehicle gravity sucks, to be honest. I have a game where I've got a truck pulling a trailer (also a truck) on Terran, and after driving a few meters I go down a drop that a truck should have no problems with at all, and the trailer flips up over and lands on top of the truck I'm in. Spent a good couple of minutes trying to flip the correct truck over. Now cool.

Oxygen Tanks. Good things and bad things here. I can now research and make them again, which is a step up from the last patch, and the cost for making them has gone way down. Now I can use common compound to make them instead of Titanium. That does mean that Titanium is now purely a trade resource for me, as I never use winchs. BIG problem though, I can no longer put my Oxygen Tanks on my active slots. What the hell?! Is this a bug, or was it intentional? If it's the former, then please please fix ASAP. If the later, then I have to ask; WHY? I always put at least one Oxygen Tank on one of my article slots so I don't lose it in case I die. Sure, I can still put them on my terrain tool, but then they don't get used. Which in itself doesn't make sense as small batteries can be placed there and they still function.

16 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

• [AS-1022] - Smelters no longer generate partial resources.

Amazing!

19 minutes ago, Ghostwolf93 said:

Vehicle gravity sucks, to be honest. I have a game where I've got a truck pulling a trailer (also a truck) on Terran, and after driving a few meters I go down a drop that a truck should have no problems with at all, and the trailer flips up over and lands on top of the truck I'm in. Spent a good couple of minutes trying to flip the correct truck over.

Seems to me that the design of an off-world rover/vehicle should have more clearance underneath as well, I keep bumping into tiny rocks all the time, and on long runs it becomes irritating. I do like the 4-wheel steering.

I too appreciate the bug fixes, and don't mind those coming before content additions, you should never add content over unstable versions, so good job there. 

What I'd like to see is a way to combine partially used energy/oxygen items, maybe on the backpack itself, to save space. I've gone through 50+ Research chests and am still waiting to get the Shuttle, Space Ship and the large Solar Panel, so I need to keep using the energy scattered throughout the planet. Combining the incomplete ones into whole "portions" would be great.

Great to see some of the many MP issues clearing up.

Keep up the good work!

I have problems With Rowers, they are start fly up when i go far from base

1 hour ago, cydia2020 said:

Still getting this error on Windows Insider Preview

キャプチャ.PNG

Perhaps Insider is a problem, chose basic W10 and i think the game will work