Sign in to follow this  
gp.

Work lights

Work lights to ease exploring and mining underground and at night. 
Consuming 1/8 unit of energy per second: one large battery (64 units, 16 big bars) could supply  one work light for 8m32s of operation.

No lights, only tethers:
20170521170046_1.thumb.jpg.02e807c2172964a93d99affc8d14a64d.jpg

With work lights:

p.thumb.jpg.bfafcab17dcfcc12b8e3a66b12aa9caa.jpg

I agree with you 100%

It would be awesome to have a Tether Upgrade early in the game that allows the Backpack to create a flood light out of a single resin that can be assigned to a single tether post as a permanent work light.

That is a great idea, and I would totally set those up around my underground cave base to give the place some more light.

Cool idea but I'm not too sure about that high energy consumption.  8 and a half minutes of work time with a large battery makes it more difficult to work with than its usefulness to me.  Here's a video of an 1800W LED flashlight using Li-po batteries equivalent to the small backpack batteries in game.  Lasts 10 - 15 minutes.

Edited by Kantanshi

Thanks System Era :D 

Looking forward for the next (community-suggested or not) content being implemented in game. Cheers!

It would be cool if the floodlight followed you around and illuminated a small area around you, like a small bot or a headmounted light that is brighter than the current beacons, or a stationary light that shines in the area the astroneer is pointing, looking at, or standing in. Otherwise, good idea!