And the next patch is... when?

I think I've ridden patch 158 as far as I want to.  Without being able to get the last couple of unlocks I've kinda maxxed out.

So the question in my mind now is... when is the next patch expected?

Yeah I haven't even begun to play Astroneer since the 155 and 158 just for the reason of being unable to trade hydrazine. If the developers want to take out a significantly fun part of the game (one of the main reasons I play) instead of leaving it in and someone choosing not to do it, they can go ahead just now with the knowledge there are others like I who like to farm hydrazine are getting bored with the game. I will not even play further until more fun things are added and the game doesn't become harder with fewer resources. Not a fun game anymore. 

4 hours ago, rileya_c said:

Yeah I haven't even begun to play Astroneer since the 155 and 158 just for the reason of being unable to trade hydrazine. If the developers want to take out a significantly fun part of the game (one of the main reasons I play) instead of leaving it in and someone choosing not to do it, they can go ahead just now with the knowledge there are others like I who like to farm hydrazine are getting bored with the game. I will not even play further until more fun things are added and the game doesn't become harder with fewer resources. Not a fun game anymore. 

I can back this 100%. I had done the whole hydrazine farm a few times and I just didn't enjoy it. So you know what I did? I stopped using it! Not that hard!

@rileya_cThats good feedback. Farming hydrazine may not make its way back in the game in a way you are used to, but we did learn from that the value of 'farming' type mechanics. Mechanics like that are things we wanted to explore during the development of this game that we may now do so with the knowledge of feedback we've received when we tweaked hydrazine and trade modules.

Thank you for the reply @SES_Adam but I am a little confused about your answer. Do you mean trading hydrazine may not come back in a way that I am used to? Because the way I farm hydrazine has not changed throughout the updates. I can still create as many hydrazine modules as ever and farm hydrazine that way I just cannot trade it. Did you mean trading it may not come back into the game as we players are used to? The devs replies are amazing as it gives us insight to how linked in they are to help us players get a game we will enjoy. And from the most part, in my opinion, people like to build giant bases and trade things to get what they want. Usually they like to trade multiple hydrazine for rarer resources. Even if the game gave us another easy resource that was fairly easy to get/create and trade would be very awesome. 

I don't miss Hydrazine farms. 

Exploring is this game's core, and it's promoted by giving value from looking for resources outside the base. If only we got land vehicles, that actually were feasible for driving around the planets...

1 hour ago, ESa said:

I don't miss Hydrazine farms. 

Exploring is this game's core, and it's promoted by giving value from looking for resources outside the base. If only we got land vehicles, that actually were feasible for driving around the planets...

Now explain to me this, where is everyone getting the idea that exploring is Astroneers core? Where or when was it said that, exploring is the games main objective? 

3 minutes ago, rileya_c said:

Now explain to me this, where is everyone getting the idea that exploring is Astroneers core? Where or when was it said that, exploring is the games main objective? 

It's whole premise is set on exploration and it's been sold as exploration game from the beginning. Automation, more buildings and all that stuff is more something that'll eventually be content for mid to end-game content, but it's not exactly what represents the core of the game (I doubt anyone is going to buy Astroneer solely for it's building part).
Wherever you look for Astroneer, "Exploration" or "Explore" will be a keyword you'll find right at the top.

E.g. the Steam Store page.

Spoiler

yoEv3IN.jpg

That said, IMO the Hydrazine change was not a bad thing, it just needs some further balancing to fit into the concept.
AFAIK farming eventually will be a thing, so I'd say Hydrazine should require organics to be produced. That stuff is kinda everywhere (even now), but you still have to run around and grab it. Seems like a fair compromise. Well, at least better than generating resources out of thin air. :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, rileya_c said:

It's right in the name:  Astroneer = Astronaut + Pioneer

pi·o·neer
noun
a person who is among the first to explore or settle a new country or area.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvREFTQ3UwQVhvQUFaUEdYLmpwZyJ9.jpg.f2890135045a829957c3891cdb2d28d5.jpg

We'll it's time to me to show of one of my intriguing fluff pics, So ya'll can shut up so you sir whom I have utmost respect of, may you kindly abstain yourself from the abhorrent speeches that reflects your impatience.

Don't post these kind of thread please, thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, Lithium said:

We'll it's time to me to show of one of my intriguing fluff pics

What planet is that on?  I'll happily get lost while searching for something like that.

23 hours ago, Issac said:

I can back this 100%. I had done the whole hydrazine farm a few times and I just didn't enjoy it. So you know what I did? I stopped using it! Not that hard!

Seems like a simple problem to solve, and indeed, you've solved it!  Maybe the folks who dislike this feature have a hydrazine addiction, and just can't stop using it?

15 hours ago, Kantanshi said:

pi·o·neer
noun

Hi,

Astronaut + Engineer.. At least that's what I thought.

Fits in with the building aspect.

That being said exploration is a key part without a doubt.

15 hours ago, Kantanshi said:

pi·o·neer
noun
15 minutes ago, Horseyman said:

Hi,

Astronaut + Engineer.. At least that's what I thought.

Fits in with the building aspect.

That being said exploration is a key part without a doubt.

:P

I hope that Astroneer is about much more than exploring and not the objective of the game. I know I don't represent everyone, but exploring is only fun for the first play through discovering content. Example: I don't go back and explore skyrim to look at mountains I've already seen, nor do I go drive around tundra for fun. I know as more content and easter eggs are added there will be hours of exploring added to the game, but I hope there are more goals/objectives and awesome things to build, as that is what will keep me coming back. I want my Astroneer to build a space empire and "strike it rich"! I don't care if I have to grind in a cave or with hydrazine, I'm here to build things!

17 hours ago, rileya_c said:

So yeah uh back on the topic again, any news on when update will be? Also for Xbox one 

Didn't the update just came like.. yesterday.

1 hour ago, Lithium said:

Oh no way!!!! Sorry haven't been playing for awhile 

1 hour ago, Lithium said:

Also for Xbox one yeah? Before I waste my time turning my Xbox on