Astronomer pilot

Night time

3 posts in this topic

Thanks to all the people that have made astroneer a wonderful game. If I can get people's view about having a option on having a time where a person can sleep at night if you don't want to explore. Please comment on this idea.

I think it's something the developers may consider and answered in the past (don't quote me on that, though).
IMO I wouldn't count on it, though. Giving the players option to eliminate the night cycle would be less beneficial for the exploration part, as exploring in the night is quite interesting as well, so giving the players an option to skip that makes it very likely they're actually going to skip it, thus missing out.

I'm sure that when they introduce fauna and other AI, it may become necessary to be up and about during the night cycle for certain interactions.  But I can also see where you are coming from with this.  Maybe they can code it in so that the astroneer can become tired after being awake so long causing him/her to act lethargic.  Slower movement and such which would require a player to sleep to regain their stamina.  Could be interesting.  It would give people more reason to create multiple habitats or to bring one along on their explorations, especially while spelunking.