Pantso

New Update Causing Multiplayer Crashes

Playing with friends.   Was going fine, occasionally client would crash, but host would be fine, and client would be able to rejoin.  After building up the base a bit client will crash right before they land when entering game no matter how many times they retry, they always crash right before landing.  I created a new game and same thing happens after a while.  Friend can't join, game (client) crashes right before his pod lands.  Host has no problems during any of this.

Edited by Pantso

3 minutes ago, Pantso said:

Forgot to mention, Playing on PC via Steam

This exact same thing is happening to me right now.

Windows 10 x64. Steam. 

Host can play just fine but when it crashed I was unable to rejoin. As the ship would fly in from the start menu it would crash to desktop. Now we can't even create and join a new save.

Both of us are Windows 10 x64 via Steam.

Single player launches/plays fine for me.

Edited by Leg0z

I have been attempting to connect to my friend's game from both in the game and just on my desktop, and it won't join it. It goes directly to the pod loading screen, and if I launch, it doesn't join his game. He can connect to mine, however. Also, I believe you know this one, you can't join multiplayer through the game. (Maybe add a new tab?)

I'm experiencing it in multiplayer (two players) as well.  Both Windows 10 x64 via Steam, both Intel i7 processors, and it happened both in games when I was the host and when he was the host.  The crashes are rather consistently occurring soon after adding the fourth/fifth nodes on the main base after maybe an hour or two of play.  See attached image - prior to making that little set of nodes that say "Resin - Resin - Resin" to the top right, it appeared to be working fine.

361420_screenshots_20161218165325_1.jpg

Same here. I was trying to join a friend in a game and it wouldn't even let me launch into the game. 

We are also both running Windows 10 x64 with Steam.

The game runs semi-stabily until other players join. After that I, the host, have a huge dip in total quality. It's not frame rate loss, but more of a latency/lag sort of thing. 

Played with a friend earlier today.  When we tried to reconnect to the game he was not able to join my game.  I was not able to join his already in progress game.  He had to start a new game in order for me to join his game.  This seems to be consistently an issue where you need a new game in order to play with friends which is very undesirable.

Earlier today I was told that the beta had fixed the issues with tethers, so my friend and I turned it on to try it out. We noticed that our game started crashing ridiculously often, like every 2 minutes. We switched back, opted out of the beta, and everything was fine again. Not too long ago a new update was pushed, and now we're back to constantly crashing.

so i am able to play singleplayer perfect with no lag but once my friend connects i start getting graphical lag frames drop to an unplayable amount. the lag only effects me my friend is able to play with no lag. it also gets worse when he starts altering the world digging or adding terrain. my specs are..

windows 10 fully updated

amd fx 8350

nvidia gtx 1080

16gbs ram

i am running on dsl  : (

I have the same after about 20 Minutes of play. If iam not moving, all around me looks normal. If i enter the truck and my mate drive it, no lag or something else. Only if i want to move by my self it lags like hell ;)

Windows10 x64 Pro Fully Updated

Intel Core i7 3770K

16 GB RAM

SSD

Geforce GTX 980

VDSL 50K

Mate connected via Gbit LAN

EDIT: Great Work, i love this game :-)

Edited by sttkr81

sorry wanted to also add i'm on steam version and i'v tried starting with the -nosound. keep in mind it only effects me my friend connected to me has no problems. i also tried joining his game but we couldn't get it to connect to him :( also as soon as he disconnects poof lag gone

Edited by sasarrn

Same. Windows 10 x64 with Steam.

Here is my Speccy

Operating System
            Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
        CPU
            Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz    35 °C
            Haswell-WS 22nm Technology
        RAM
            16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
        Motherboard
            MSI H97 PC Mate(MS-7850) (SOCKET 0)    34 °C
        Graphics
            Standard Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
            Standard Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
            8192MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Series (XFX Pine Group)    36 °C
        Storage
            223GB SSD2SC240G1CS2754D117-488 (SSD)
            931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA)    22 °C
            232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)    23 °C
            1397GB Western Digital WDC WD15EARX-22PASB0 (SATA)    25 °C
        Optical Drives
            HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH40F
            ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
        Audio
            Realtek High Definition Audio

Confirmed, same exact issue here but with one exception -- my friend was able to join my base which had no tethers, though he crashed shortly after walking around a bit. The two maps which I continuously crashed on had tethers planted.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: Z68X-UD3H-B3
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8110MB RAM
          Page File: 7232MB used, 8984MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Hi Guys!

Today I tried to play with a friend and the first time he joins the game had no problem, but in the middle of the game his game closed (I know you guys have received a lot of crash bugs so my toppic do not talk about it ). He tried to connect again, but he could not because the game did not change screen just getting on the menu screen, we both closed our games and then opened again and then yes it worked, but the items he had disappeared as if he I never entered the game and only I have the saved game file.

.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIBCKzS6DUGC5pQSqLkPc7vfe695xmU2c6j2uQHs58wydjtVRqrFVpF6ldTPabPckFRTPu7SdAISLUwRPXEgdC4ugNEhex85MK8-0IrwtE-Tb7O9VfP7AwToItE.75HM9IODnj21E0lLmaGnZ2WwbbA

There are so many extra pods sitting at the main pod that I can't disembark.

When I press tab to get out, my character gets wedged in between the pods and just flails his arms around and then the game crashes.

I'm not certain, but I think the extra pods happen when someone tries to join my game, but their game crashes before they're fully loaded in.

Windows 10

Xbox Store

Nvidia GTX 1080, 16GB

How to: When playing with a second player Have them hop into a vehicle for the first time. 

Result: The frame rate will drop to 1FPS then return to only around 12-15FPS. 

Windows 10 (xbox store)

GTX 1080 16GB

intel 6700

1. Teathers.

How To: Have the non hosting player try and build Teathers.

Result: they can place the teathers but teathers won't link to base.

2. Over collecting.

How to: have player 2 dig until inventory is full. Keep digging until items pop off the back of tool and land on ground. Try and pick them up.

Result: You cannot pick up the Items. They are locked to that player. Hosting player can pick them up.

3. Trade platform.

How to: Have player two send off a trade platform to space. Wait for it to come back.

Result: When it comes back, player two cannot see the trade platform. The host can see it.

Edited by ArmoredCitizen

Windows 10 (xbox store)

GTX 1080 16GB

intel 6700

How to: Host a game and have a friend join up. Have them go out alooking for minerals.

Result: when Player 2's mouse is held over the mineral or item a name for the item will not be displayed. The Host can hold his mouse over the same mineral and it will display the name.

Windows 10 (xbox store)

GTX 1080 16GB

intel 6700

How to: Play until you reach a far planet with a friend hosting. Have the non-hosting player log off(or crash) then log back on.

Result: player two will have to start back at the first base and build a ship to get back to player One.

Expected Result: Player two should rejoin the base Player One is currently working at. (perhaps be given an option to start at the beginning later on in development)

I've also ran into this problem. I've gotten a lot of my friends into this game and as a result, I was constantly having to run over (as the host) to tell them what was what.

I play on a Windows 10 64bit PC with a R9 270x Gpu and a AMD 5k Series CPU.  I bought this through Steam. 

I use Razer peripherals and an Insignia monitor connected via HDMI.

The bug was discovered when a friend joined my game through steam and noticed that the ground was not rendering properly. It "had cracks where the ground didn't line up right."  I used some compound to put together a vehicle for him to do stuff in and immediately upon him getting in, it started warping around (flashing and moving fast around the map). When he tried driving, it clipped into the ground forward and knocked him out of the buggy. It sank into the ground, then I later discovered it in a nearby cave.

Thanks 

-Milk

Edited by ♣️Dragon Milk

The game will just randomly crash (Steam) if you are playing with a friend, dunno why. Also I think that the game should game maybe an autosave feature after you do something important like build a new station etc.

But me and my brother were playing on two different internets, and every 10 minutes or so the game would crash, we tried playing on the same internet as LAN but it would still crash every 10-15 minutes.

Could you please fix this bug? Thankyou! Btw love your game.

Hello,

My session crashed on my friend right-click on my name in Steam client then choose "Join game".

Please investigate this issue. 

Thank you