Larkin

Xbox One Camera

Is it necessary that the camera does this annoying mode switch when you pickup/place items? Also there is more to the camera that just feels like it goes out of control or just starts drifting slowly in bad situations like caves while using the dirt mover tool or getting research items.

The camera is very tricky for me too. I found the easiest way to try to help was to use the left trigger to aim every time I used the terrain tool or placing objects

55 minutes ago, I Made Poopy said:

The camera is very tricky for me too. I found the easiest way to try to help was to use the left trigger to aim every time I used the terrain tool or placing objects

Left trigger isn't doing anything for me when placing objects/materials. Only works when using the matter machine

The camera is REALLY annoying... without reversing the Y axis I have problems and when I do reverse it (how I like) it reverses everything... It should only reverse the movement of the astroneer, and not movement in the menus and when aiming because it messes with your head. It's currently like it's reversing and then reversing again when you are moving the aimpoint of the terrain tool and selecting in the menus. When I say menu I mean the backpack.

14 hours ago, NeoMorph said:

The camera is REALLY annoying... without reversing the Y axis I have problems and when I do reverse it (how I like) it reverses everything... It should only reverse the movement of the astroneer, and not movement in the menus and when aiming because it messes with your head. It's currently like it's reversing and then reversing again when you are moving the aimpoint of the terrain tool and selecting in the menus. When I say menu I mean the backpack.

Yeah I tried that too, it really makes no sense when your using an Xbox controller for it to reverse the effects of the mouse/pointer when you hold down left trigger. I figured it would just invert the camera movement.

Personally I want to be able to choose what views are inverted. For normal mode/view, I prefer it to be inverted (pushing UP will make character look down), but when I am using the tool/cursor to have it normal (pushing UP will move the cursor forward away from player/up the screen).