Something that is incredibly annoying in Astroneer is how big and awkward the vehicles are. If you have two bases that are separated by a hilly terrain, then you have to use a rover or a truck to traverse between them quickly, and the hills will cause them to flip. This gave me the idea of the Quad Bike! The Quad Bike would move as fast as a rover, but would be much smaller. It could fit one Astroneer and would have one small attachment point, meant for power. It would store 8 bars (32 units) of power internally, and would use 1 unit of power every 2 seconds. It would have no heavy cable attachment points, but could recharge in proximity to the base as well as in proximity to a tether connected to a power source, similarly to the Astroneer's backpack. It would also have a finite supply of oxygen, indicated by a blue bar at the back. This could be refilled using oxygen crystals, filters, or a tank, which would attach to the lone attachment point. It could also be filled by a tether connected to an oxygen supply. The Quad Bike would be lightweight but would have a low center of gravity, making it very difficult to flip. It would be printed at the Vehicle Bay for 2 Aluminum. What are your thoughts?

I personally would love to see a bike like you said in a future astroneer patch!

I have seen many people request this and would love to see it myself.

8 hours ago, TreyR9 said:

Something that is incredibly annoying in Astroneer is how big and awkward the vehicles are. If you have two bases that are separated by a hilly terrain, then you have to use a rover or a truck to traverse between them quickly, and the hills will cause them to flip. This gave me the idea of the Quad Bike! The Quad Bike would move as fast as a rover, but would be much smaller. It could fit one Astroneer and would have one small attachment point, meant for power. It would store 8 bars (32 units) of power internally, and would use 1 unit of power every 2 seconds. It would have no heavy cable attachment points, but could recharge in proximity to the base as well as in proximity to a tether connected to a power source, similarly to the Astroneer's backpack. It would also have a finite supply of oxygen, indicated by a blue bar at the back. This could be refilled using oxygen crystals, filters, or a tank, which would attach to the lone attachment point. It could also be filled by a tether connected to an oxygen supply. The Quad Bike would be lightweight but would have a low center of gravity, making it very difficult to flip. It would be printed at the Vehicle Bay for 2 Aluminum. What are your thoughts?

Forgot to mention this, but it would NOT protect you from storms. 

Edited by TreyR9

this has been suggested 

wait. no it hasn't. bikes/motorbikes have been suggested, but i guess quad bikes is a new idea..?

+1

3 hours ago, Skully said:

this has been suggested 

wait. no it hasn't. bikes/motorbikes have been suggested, but i guess quad bikes is a new idea..?

+1

If I am copying anyone's post it is inadvertently; I came up with this idea by myself, but it is easy to see how others might have had a similar idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I think quad or smaller rovers purely for shuttling personnel & not for storage would be really cool. I think right now, the team is looking at work to make the flipping less frequent, and making the flips not just auto eject you out.

On 5/14/2017 at 6:46 PM, TreyR9 said:

I love it please make this in the game for xbox one to pc