You know the small storage racks, the ones with 4 small slots on each side, would it be possible to have a button (maybe right click) which rotates the rack by 180 degrees?

It's always been annoying that I have to stand a certain way to place things on both sides or walk around it to see what's on it; if I can lift it with my mind surely I would be able to rotate it with my mind.

I do agree about this suggestion, that storage racks should be optimized in some way, but with rotation? I dunno. It's worth to note that walking only a few feet isn't that bad, and if you do it right, you can place items on the other side of filled storage racks without having to move around them.

It's just a small quality of life addition that would make transferring materials onto the rack easier. It would also make it easier to see the items on both sides quickly from a distance or from within a vehicle, such as a spaceship, where you physically cant move to see the other side. At the end of the day whats easier, moving and spinning the camera, or right clicking.

As for optimising them, I'm not sure what you mean, I don't really see a problem with how they function.

6 hours ago, Sidegamer said:

I do agree about this suggestion, that storage racks should be optimized in some way, but with rotation? I dunno. It's worth to note that walking only a few feet isn't that bad, and if you do it right, you can place items on the other side of filled storage racks without having to move around them.

Sorry, this is my first post on this forum and I don't really know what I'm doing. Is this how you 'reply' to comments or get a conversation going? By clicking 'Quote'?  I think I replied to myself up above, is there a way to get rid of it?

Ill just repeat the reply here and pretend I did everything right the first time xD

It's just a small quality of life addition that would make transferring materials onto the rack easier. It would also make it easier to see the items on both sides quickly from a distance or from within a vehicle, such as a spaceship, where you physically cant move to see the other side. At the end of the day whats easier, moving and spinning the camera, or right clicking.

As for optimising them, I'm not sure what you mean.

57 minutes ago, Rabb1tdrag0n said:

Sorry, this is my first post on this forum and I don't really know what I'm doing

don't worry man. we were all in your position once :D 

but yeah, if we can lift it with our mind, or the force, or however we do it, we should be able to spin it    \('_')/

On 5/13/2017 at 4:34 AM, Rabb1tdrag0n said:

You know the small storage racks, the ones with 4 small slots on each side, would it be possible to have a button (maybe right click) which rotates the rack by 180 degrees?

It's always been annoying that I have to stand a certain way to place things on both sides or walk around it to see what's on it; if I can lift it with my mind surely I would be able to rotate it with my mind.

Actually that's a very good idea Rabb1tdrag0n. I mentioned the same idea back in February but heck it's good that you brought it up again.

21 hours ago, Sidegamer said:

That's all fine and dandy when dealing with common resources but when dealing with dynamite, it kind of gets a little tricky because it seems to want to stick to every edge of the storage rack.

Also if you want to pick something up on the other side of the rack, it would be a lot easier if you could turn it 180 degrees to grab it. Even to see what's on the other side without having to walk around would be a time saver.

It would also be interesting if there was a way to attach research items to storages. For you players on Xbox i think there was a storage you can print on spaceships that can but that doesn't exist on PC. They could maybe call this "large storage" since it does allow you to attach other storages to it.