Just checked in to say that the drill also isn't working for me.  I could try making a new game to see if anything changes.

I've been through two updates and my drillhead isn't working. Can't mine certain resources because of the glitch! I like this game, but this is getting frustrating! 

XBOX 

VERSION 0.3.10158.0 

Unfortunate bug, but well known by community and the development team.

It will be fixed in the next patch, or the one after that.. or some time in the future. 

Sorry to be the bearer of not-so-great news, but if it's not a game breaking bug or a bug with no workaround the fix is not a priority. 

Lets have some patience, ok?

with best: Mardo

IMG_20170507_163635.png

Have the same issue on Xbox One. On a fresh game with the 158 patch too. I think on 154 they changed it so you didn't need the drill head to gather titanium or lithium, but they must have changed it back and you can't use the drill head because of this bug..??

I'm struggling to use the crane/drill feature. There doesn't seems to be any rhyme or reason to the movements of the crane when using and it doesn't even dig? I'm sure it's much easier on PC but I can't get it to work on the Xbox. 

Love the game btw. 

The only way i've been able to use the drill on the crane is to push down on the D-pad and have a tether out to kinda chose where it goes and it will let me dig that way.

I found a work around on the xbox one. If you pull out a tether while using the crane and use that to aim it into the ground that will allow it to dig :)

Yeah I noticed it's not working for me as well, I'm attempting to place different material in the two slots next to the crane to see if maybe something will get it to work

While you have the drill on the end of the crane pull out a tether and use that to aim it and it will work :) its broken currently but this is a work around I found.

Built the drill tossed it on the front worked fine next day put it on crane nothing happened switched to front still nothing 

@Wyvyrias and @Lithium  It seems like another thread merge is going to be needed.  I think there's been at least 6 separate posts about the drill now.  3 of which are on the first page of this sub forum alone.

5 hours ago, Evil twins88 said:

While you have the drill on the end of the crane pull out a tether and use that to aim it and it will work :) its broken currently but this is a work around I found.

I tried this and it doesn't work for me.  Can you post a video?