Sign in to follow this  
solidsteve14

Portable Modules

Recommended Posts

I think it would be cool if modules could be moved it around. Currently the platforms they sit on are all the same, which seem to be equivalent to two double slots. Imagine being able to rearrange your base if you want to, remove modules to build again on the same platform, or take them with you to have a mobile base on your vehicles. There would still need to be the same power constraints which would be more difficult to maintain on vehicles. 

Adding the research module to a vehicle was my main motivation for this idea. I want to be able to go do lots of research far away without having to come back to base every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, solidsteve14 said:

I think it would be cool if modules could be moved it around. Currently the platforms they sit on are all the same, which seem to be equivalent to two double slots. Imagine being able to rearrange your base if you want to, remove modules to build again on the same platform, or take them with you to have a mobile base on your vehicles. There would still need to be the same power constraints which would be more difficult to maintain on vehicles. 

Adding the research module to a vehicle was my main motivation for this idea. I want to be able to go do lots of research far away without having to come back to base every time.

My opinion only. In theory this sounds great, but at the same time to have mobile modules I feel like it would make the game too easy. Even with the same power constraints. As far as rearranging the base around to make it a better layout, that I could really get on board with. Also for your research problem, you could get two rovers or trucks connect them and if you have the storage upgrade for vehicles, that will help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know but.. I can see a very high truck's battery consumption on this gif. I think it's all the matter of balance and resource-price of such technology.
If it's implemented wisely - why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gp. said:

I don't know but.. I can see a very high truck's battery consumption on this gif. I think it's all the matter of balance and resource-price of such technology.
If it's implemented wisely - why not?

I think balancing can be implemented in a number of ways. Power consumption, pull weight, research requirement. Maybe you need to unlock some blueprint before you can put it on a vehicle. Research "module dock" for truck and spaceship. That way you have to get both before you can do this. I think it just adds more options to the gameplay. You could bring a vehicle bay with you on your space shuttle so it would be easier to just go drive around a new planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I see it, but I can also see it being game breaking in a sense. Like I said before it's only my opinion. lol what do I know I don't have their train of thought. They can literally lead this game anywhere at the point it is at in its development right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darkestnature said:

I guess I see it, but I can also see it being game breaking in a sense. Like I said before it's only my opinion. lol what do I know I don't have their train of thought. They can literally lead this game anywhere at the point it is at in its development right now.  

You're right that it could be game-breaking. If the developers did choose to implement this they would have to be very careful to make sure it wasn't. I think making it a higher tier research item as well as giving it a high cost would be good enough. The main thing I want for this game is for each time you play it to be different and the path you play through to be unique. Maybe right now it doesn't make sense to have modules on your vehicles, but I can imagine a scenario where you are limited somehow and having the ability to do so makes sense as a different path progression. It is difficult to balance this because some players prefer a less limited, more creative style of play, and some people prefer a more limited, survival type of play. I myself prefer the latter. I would enjoy being able to set myself up for difficult situations. Maybe there could be a new game mode where you start with a vehicle and can't have a base besides your mobile one. I think I would enjoy something like that because I would be allowed to get lost in the world without being punished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if it's an endgame research and like you said cost more so maybe use the hematite to make a new vehicle with the capability to hold such an item. Bring use to some of the rare resources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this