spinlock_1977

Open Question: Could you NOT trade Hydrazine?

I believe its time for the Dev's to remove the Hydrazine Trade completely from the game and replace it with a Dead Horse Platform .....After all, if Dead Horses could just be harvested from this Form we could build any base we wanted..... 

Also a Beating Augment could be used with The Dead Horse Resource...... Unlimited energy that could be used to kill off all the gas Monsters.....

As a Side note.... we must get rid of the Dead Horses before they attract Live Trolls...........

On 5/24/2017 at 9:29 AM, Kantanshi said:

When the other side that opposes me ...

[snip]

The horse is dead.  People need to stop whipping it.  It's on the verge of being a puddle.

Save for discussions off topic or outright offensive, anyone can discuss whatever they want. You don't have to agree with it and those holding a different opinion aren't opposing you, they just have a different opinion. I recommend letting it go, this is very unpleasant.

@KeeblerOrc  LOL  Way to run with it.

3 minutes ago, travin said:

Save for discussions off topic or outright offensive, anyone can discuss whatever they want. You don't have to agree with it and those holding a different opinion aren't opposing you, they just have a different opinion. I recommend letting it go, this is very unpleasant.

It's not the fact that he was opposing me.  It's the fact that anything I said, he twisted around to fit his own narrative and the majority of his responses were just repetitions of his previous responses.  Didn't matter if I came up with something entirely new to say, he'd respond with the same things he said before.

I'm fine with discussions, as long as new ideas come out of it throughout the discussion.

If someone you were debating something about responded with basically "Because I said so" 85% of the time, you might get tired of it too.

P.S. Some opinions are, indeed, in opposition to the other therefore they are opposing my opinion.

Definition of oppose

1:  to place over against something so as to provide resistance, counterbalance, or contrast - one military force opposed to another

2:  to place opposite or against something - oppose the enemy oppose a congressional bill

3:  to offer resistance to

I think "Dead Horse" said it all...... as it was all said.... I find chain posts to be humorous....Sometimes

I have noticed a series of posts that tell new people that its been said or its my opinion that should be just left alone... lots of the time I find myself wanting to say something and think....it adds nothing to the posters comments and sometimes might be taken as belittling their idea of new person posting.... sometimes better to just  +1 

Yup so I've played Astroneer today on the new update 182. Nothing is fun anymore. That's all bye. Until creative mode or farming of hydrazine is back nothing probably will be fun. Don't get mad it's just how I enjoy to play the game. I don't care how "exploring" is the sole purpose of the game. That way isn't fun for me. If that's how the game is going to be from now on I guess Astroneer was just a couple month type playing game for me. I'll play every update to see if it'll get better. I don't see many drastic changes happening anytime soon so, good luck Astroneer. Hope you're fun sometime soon again. 

I haven't played this game for a couple months - today, I just want to check what has been changed... and as usually, devs are focused of "Hydrazine Conspiracy". Besides some of members are acting like at least members of some kind of cult.

I'm not surprised this game is in the same crippled stage as it was couple months ago - having a "members of the cult" is probably most valuable, more than "price of Hydrazine".

This game meant to be fun and freedom - what we got? Don't answer the question.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, Nasedo said:

I haven't played this game for a couple months - today, I just want to check what has been changed... and as usually, devs are focused of "Hydrazine Conspiracy". Besides some of members are acting like at least members of some kind of cult.

I'm not surprised this game is in the same crippled stage as it was couple months ago - having a "members of the cult" is probably most valuable, more than "price of Hydrazine".

This game meant to be fun and freedom - what we got? Don't answer the question.

Funny, with all of the dev vlogs they've been putting out recently I haven't seen any of them talking about the devs focused on the "Hydrazine Conspiracy". They are focused on things like completely reworking how terrain is generated and fixing bugs with rovers and Creating new content while wearing shirts that match the wall paint (sorry @SES_joe ;) )

Some players were focused on the "hydrazine conspiracy", but even that was over a month ago.

On 05/05/2017 at 2:29 PM, spinlock_1977 said:

Two honest questions to those who DON'T want hydrazine trading back in the game:  

- If hydrazine trading was put back in, could you avoid using it?

- If hydrazine trading was put back in, are there other features you'd want in the game, in order to find that acceptable?

Thank you,

spinlock

Hi,

Since patch 189, i play without the trading ressouces module. To be honest, i am surprised i do not miss. It take a litle bit longer for crafting all  i need, but the game is very "generous" with resources, there are many and many and many...:)   I like to take my time when i play to Astroneer and i can find all the resources i need. Maybe later, when the game will evolve, trading will be usefull. For this time, i don't think is essential.

Best regards

Personally, i'm glad it's gone. after 400+ hours of game time even without a trade plat or fuel cond it's pretty easy to unlock most and go anywhere I want. People just need to try a little harder. But that's just how i like to play the game. I will continue to play happily whatever direction the dems choose to go.  which is probably the healthiest way to look at it. adapt to the game they are creating, under their terms.

Edited by Dr. Sno

I personally think that the return amount for everything except aluminum/copper -> resin/compound is unbalanced. It makes the trade platform practically worthless. There are some planets that don't spawn with resources like coal or lithium often enough to be useful. You could spend your whole day just trying to find one small source of either, & come up with nothing. It's would be better if those resources were much more affordable via the trade platform. Maybe something like 2 copper/aluminum = 1 coal/lithium. Coal shouldn't be so rare on the starter planet to begin with, as there are plants all over & throughout the planet.