Chris Augustin

Integrated graphics performance tweaks

Anyone here had luck playing on PCs with integrated graphics? I have a surface pro 3, Intel HD 5000 Graphics but I cannot get anything over 7-10 FPS. Enabled the Windows 10 Game Mode, not much change. I know there's a ton of INI file tweaks available, but wanted to ask to see if anyone had experience with said options?

On 4.5.2017 at 3:12 AM, Chris Augustin said:

Anyone here had luck playing on PCs with integrated graphics?

LowSpecGamer tried it recently on an Intel Celeron G1840 with its integrated HD Graphics and published the settings he used for the Unreal Engine. Your Surface Pro 3 (which is basically a tablet computer, yet a powerful one) with HD 5000 Graphics uses an Intel Core i7-4650U, which is still less performant (see Haswell (microarchitecture)).

1 hour ago, Space_Face said:

This video should offer you a few extra frames after completion:

Apparently, you did not watch LowSpecGamer's video: He uses all of the settings from your video and then some more. ;)

@Chris Augustin If at all, then the settings from LowSpecGamer will give you a better chance of running Astroneer on that hardware of yours.

Appreciate it! I've recently purchased a gaming machine, so I now have the horsepower to play fine!

Steam offers game streaming, which is awesome, except that Astroneer's controls don't work. The mouse spins out of control.