I fell from thousands of feet, and lived.

IDk if this is a bug or not, but the second half of this video (starting at 1:16 and restarting at 2:42) , I fall about 1,000 feet off the ground, and live unscathed. 

System :

Steam on Asus GL552VW with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M using Windows 10 64bit Home

Edited by Wyvyrias
Fixed title typo on request

That's certainly a bug, so thanks for reporting it!
While I've seen (and had) that before, it's certainly not a very common issue. Right now I would guess that the game does not recognize fall damage after leaving the seat unless terrain has been touched once before falling. I wouldn't see any use of that being an intended feature.

6 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

That's certainly a bug, so thanks for reporting it!
While I've seen (and had) that before, it's certainly not a very common issue. Right now I would guess that the game does not recognize fall damage after leaving the seat unless terrain has been touched once before falling. I wouldn't see any use of that being an intended feature.

Yes, but I've done that before, and died each time also. That was literally a freak occurrence I think. 

16 minutes ago, ETwhisperer said:

Yes, but I've done that before, and died each time also. That was literally a freak occurrence I think. 

I just figured that from the "flying seat glitch". You could fly extremely high up, leave the seat, fall and land without a scratch. Maybe you happened to do something really specific?

3 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

I just figured that from the "flying seat glitch". You could fly extremely high up, leave the seat, fall and land without a scratch. Maybe you happened to do something really specific?

Yea, maybe, brit it's pretty hard to know from the video. Hmmmmmm. 

Edited by ETwhisperer
18 hours ago, ETwhisperer said:

IDk if this is a bug or not, but the second half of this video (starting at 1:16 and restarting at 2:42) , I fall about 1,000 feet off the ground, and live unscathed. 

System :

That is just crazy! It might be a bug, but it's dammed funny!

On 5/4/2017 at 9:20 AM, Wyvyrias said:

Since your a mod, cam you change the title to fell instead if feel? I don't see how to do this? 

Had a similar fall but I was able to get back in the rover before I hit the ground. This one was multiplayer with a buddy and the rover got launched into the atmosphere so we built a ramp up to it but it kept falling away from us. The next day I loaded back in and happened to start in the rover in mid air stuck so I hopped out and it all started falling so hopped back in again.

ASTRONEER (Game Preview).mp4

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2017 at 8:33 PM, ETwhisperer said:

System :

Still as awesome as it was back then !