SES_Adam

"158" - May 5th, 2017

87 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Andrea Finocchi said:

Hi! Should you tell me why the Hydrazine was removed from  the trade center?

I assume you mean "could", but AFAIK it has been removed to balance the game, or rather make people do what they are supposed to do: Explore.
Being able to "generate" resources without even moving away from your base is quite an issue for the game's concept, as such it has been addressed.

On 5/14/2017 at 6:37 PM, Wyvyrias said:

That'd be just "splitscreen" or "couch coop" then. Local-coop would imply something else.
Either way, the developers would like to make such things possible, but no promises can be made on such features (due performance reason).

well, thanks for the correction; and yes, I can see how splitscreen can cause performance issues; keeping track of two different players at the same time in a big map; you'd have to cut the quality down so much to where you couldn't even tell what is what.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:53 AM, AureliYes said:

Is anyone else seeing a sharp increase in underground-based discovery spawns? Granted this is all on one save, but I've found multiples of each different satellite discovery (by the way there are three new audios so far) and three zebra balls all within the distance it would take to use up two or three oxygen tanks. And this is all in one cave network on Terran.  Is there an increased spawn rate for these items or did I just get a really lucky planet generation?

I think they increased the spawns I find dozens of satellites now, personally I think it's because of the new research tree where those satellites researchs are for augments so to make it easier to get them they added sats, I love it, I collect satellites and knowing I'll find at least one in every cave is sweet, now if I can just find the dang mini game Hubble near my main base I'll be solid af in this play through 

On 5/11/2017 at 7:00 AM, skurlton said:

HYDRAZINE EXPLODES?!?!

I am both excited and terrified of what I'll create/accidentally destroy

Blew up like half my base not realizing this was in the update 😑😂

21 hours ago, Echo139 said:

Blew up like half my base not realizing this was in the update 😑😂

So it's possible to destroy the base buildings? ^_^

2 hours ago, maxikg said:

Yes, at least some of them, and vehicles as well. I tried to blow up a piece of incomplete aluminum from my Smelter once. Ended up blowing up the entire Smelter...

4 hours ago, maxikg said:

Everything but the hab

On 19/05/2017 at 4:24 PM, maxikg said:

Nah, they can't be just for Easter Eggs, cause it would be no fun in hunting for them ^_^

Could be something to do with a planned achievement, maybe? Like "find and collect at least one of every kind of Zebra Ball (or whatever they're actual name is) in one game".

Alternatively, seeing as they can be attached to your base, the Devs could be planning to have each one confer some kind of ability or function on any base they are connected to. Hmmmm, maybe getting the ability to trade Hydrazine again once X number of Balls have been found and secured to a base? That would still require you to explore the worlds, which is what the Devs wanted to encourage by removing that game mechanic. This could be used to turn Hydrazine trading in to an endgame feature.

Wow, I also have incomplete aluminium in my smelter - it's probably time to get TNT as research result ^_^

Yup, or the devs could make these zebra balls as a means of "tele-transport", like gates/teleports at later game time, when the player has two-three planets colonized.

Had an issue last night. Joined a buddies game on Xbox one and could not travel with him to his base on Tundra. If we tried, it would crash my game and he would land on Tundra no problem. We had no issues playing on Terran though.

On 23/05/2017 at 2:27 PM, maxikg said:

Wow, I also have incomplete aluminium in my smelter - it's probably time to get TNT as research result ^_^

I've had this happen to me too, and I've used that same solution. When they first introduced the ability to make Dynamite I didn't see the point. Now I'm singing a different tune...