SES_Adam

"158" - May 5th, 2017

On 5/7/2017 at 4:09 AM, Shabazza said:

I like the research change/bugfix.

But I'm still waiting for the "vehicle flips upon dismount" bug fix.
That really sucks the fun out of the game for me since v125.

This seems to be due to the placement of the character when leaving the vehicle. I've noticed that the character is almost overlapping with the vehicle when placed, and in some situations is actually overlapping. Being next to a cliff or falling into a pit causes major issues, and even having a bit of momentum when you leave the vehicle is problematic. You pretty much have to come to a complete stop on a flat surface to be okay.

I appreciate the addressing of the research curve. Gonna give this a shot tonight after class :) 

I'll try to keep an open mind in the future as the game progresses.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:43 AM, reto said:

What I missed on the 'patch note list' is that they fixed the 'jumping/snapping grid tool thing' on extra-terranian planets, but not traveled there yet, will check that a.s.a.p..

I'm still having the problem

What I missed on the 'patch note list' is that they fixed the 'jumping/snapping grid tool thing' on extra-terranian planets, but not traveled there yet, will check that a.s.a.p..

This is what I get for ignoring the forum for too long, I've missed 4 other updates.  Now it's gonna take me a decade to update the game.  Luckily my download speed is quite good so it might only take a year lol.

5 minutes ago, skurlton said:

HYDRAZINE EXPLODES?!?!

It's fun :)

5 minutes ago, reto said:

It's fun :)

whoaaa!! next stop: circumnavigate the planet, leaving rows upon rows of hydrazine behind :D

On 7.05.2017 at 4:53 PM, AureliYes said:

Is anyone else seeing a sharp increase in underground-based discovery spawns? Granted this is all on one save, but I've found multiples of each different satellite discovery (by the way there are three new audios so far) and three zebra balls all within the distance it would take to use up two or three oxygen tanks. And this is all in one cave network on Terran.  Is there an increased spawn rate for these items or did I just get a really lucky planet generation?

Me too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

After 4 Zebras and 6 Thrusters, I'm thinking you're on to something, AureliYes... I like the plentiful research underground, and the massive and amazing new cave systems. Kinda strange that you'd find crash sites in caves (and so many of them); that would make them ancient, being so deep, so the tech would have been old, supposedly. But it's fun finding so much stuff.

What i'm not liking (and i should point out that I've only been on Terran for this new update 158, so not sure about other planets), is the complete absence of research on the surface. Even after acquiring the truck and shuttle, I have found none on the surface, which is weird. 

Overall I'm still having a lot of fun with this game (even though my video card is struggling with its 1 GB memory... But an upgrade is coming). :)

Zebras and Thrusters.png

On 5/6/2017 at 2:15 PM, reto said:

Found an augment in crashed hubble telescope. Nice :). 

1. some users suggested that the dev's should do so---read and done (cool)
  2. someone at SES is quite good in modeling famous satellites and stuff and put it into caves ;). As a meteorologist I would love to see the ESA MSG satellites some when in the future (MSG1/2/3; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteosat ; msg3 http://www.spaceflight101.net/va207-launch-updates.html)

msg3.jpg.13745f7b8f4edf0aff48ae0421bbc6b4.jpg

Btw, it is "Europes largest meteorological satellite", so please make it big ;).

590e134ad4894_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.315b1d6154479380670ffa05b8d4a834.png

So much fun *g*.

But not so big I can't tow it back to base as a lawn ornament... I also would like to see more, important  satellites and a way to mount them 

7 hours ago, Mario Ramalho said:

After 4 Zebras and 6 Thrusters, I'm thinking you're on to something, AureliYes... I like the plentiful research underground, and the massive and amazing new cave systems. Kinda strange that you'd find crash sites in caves (and so many of them); that would make them ancient, being so deep, so the tech would have been old, supposedly. But it's fun finding so much stuff.

What i'm not liking (and i should point out that I've only been on Terran for this new update 158, so not sure about other planets), is the complete absence of research on the surface. Even after acquiring the truck and shuttle, I have found none on the surface, which is weird. 

Overall I'm still having a lot of fun with this game (even though my video card is struggling with its 1 GB memory... But an upgrade is coming). :)

Zebras and Thrusters.png

The satellites you find are modled after historic satellites I surmise that the heavy wind storms on the planet worked them down on a current they are usual on a reasonably straight path to the surface 

6 hours ago, Echo139 said:

The satellites you find are modled after historic satellites I surmise that the heavy wind storms on the planet worked them down on a current they are usual on a reasonably straight path to the surface 

When you put it that way, it makes more sense, I didn't consider the heavy storms. I also found Sputnik down there (or a close relative, at least), so that was fun. 

I'm now up to 7 Thrusters and 5 Zebra balls, plus many augments from satellites (I'm becoming a bit of a hoarder, lol). Not sure if the other ball variants are still in the game, I just keep finding the same Zebra style. I'll keep looking, I'm getting ready to start a base on the Barren planet.

5Z7T.jpg

I could you possibly add co-op? And a way to customize your astronaut? (I know character customization will take a while to make, but for pre-alpha, just simple stuff like helmet, suit, color, stripes, and body size.) ??

there is also a bug where if raw power was used once before by another machine and then taken off, it will be unusable by anything, nor the machine it was used by originally

I experienced this firsthand.

P.S. Everything I post will be on or about Xbox One.

1 hour ago, MrCaliber said:

I could you possibly add co-op? And a way to customize your astronaut? (I know character customization will take a while to make, but for pre-alpha, just simple stuff like helmet, suit, color, stripes, and body size.) ??

Uh... this game has had 4 player coop since launch...?

5 hours ago, Mgamerz said:

Uh... this game has had 4 player coop since launch...?

No, I mean local coop, where you and a friend are playing on one xbox with two controllers, like splitscreen.

39 minutes ago, MrCaliber said:

No, I mean local coop, where you and a friend are playing on one xbox with two controllers, like splitscreen.

That'd be just "splitscreen" or "couch coop" then. Local-coop would imply something else.
Either way, the developers would like to make such things possible, but no promises can be made on such features (due performance reason).

9 hours ago, Mario Ramalho said:

When you put it that way, it makes more sense, I didn't consider the heavy storms. I also found Sputnik down there (or a close relative, at least), so that was fun. 

I'm now up to 7 Thrusters and 5 Zebra balls, plus many augments from satellites (I'm becoming a bit of a hoarder, lol). Not sure if the other ball variants are still in the game, I just keep finding the same Zebra style. I'll keep looking, I'm getting ready to start a base on the Barren planet.

5Z7T.jpg

Satellite hunting is my digs in the game I build my bases at crashed spaceships and collect satellites so far I have found and identified, Sputnik, Voyager 1, Hubble space telescope and I'm most proud of finding the Kepler space telescope, finding them sparked a curiosity that has reignited an old fascination and I hope to see more NASA research satellites in the future, maybe have them have a button you can push to Learn about the satellite and what it did for us, and if we could just get something to mount them.... ?

Just played, and for the first time, seeing visible seams at first layer underground. Also died 3 times and lost 4... read FOUR transports to invisible seams that led to the lowest level underground. Almost impossible to get back up (OMG SO MUCH STUFF DOWN THERE) but seriously... invisible and visible seams.

Windows 7 (mostly safe from invisible seams)
Windows 10 - constantly fell down invisible seams.

ALso... some weird "home" was flying way way up in the sky. No idea what it was/is.

Sigh... no compound in this spot... impossible to get back down to get vehicles, impossible to make new ones (//-;)

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY do I have some glitches for you! Where should I go to share my findings and do any of the game debts have an Xbox account I could use to share the videos?

On 15.05.2017 at 2:20 AM, Echo139 said:

Satellite hunting is my digs in the game I build my bases at crashed spaceships and collect satellites so far I have found and identified, Sputnik, Voyager 1, Hubble space telescope and I'm most proud of finding the Kepler space telescope, finding them sparked a curiosity that has reignited an old fascination and I hope to see more NASA research satellites in the future, maybe have them have a button you can push to Learn about the satellite and what it did for us, and if we could just get something to mount them.... ?

I just wanted to ask - what are those zebra balls for? And why are they on the platforms? So far I found only one, and Sputnik as well :)

Nah, they can't be just for Easter Eggs, cause it would be no fun in hunting for them ^_^

Edited by maxikg