SES_Adam

"158" - May 5th, 2017

9 hours ago, Brian Crivella said:

I am now having major issues with the Truck on Xbox One im single player after the 158 patch. truck now goes crazy exiting it and when you get back in it takes off backwards sometimes, blew that one up and made a new one still the same issue, guess Im going to have to start over agian and see if it still happens. If it helps I had a hard crash before I downloaded the 158 patch, and my last save was in the old truck I blew up. Sorry if this isnt the place for this post. 

Started a new game since my rover had the same issues as my truck. So far no issues with my 1st Rover. ☺ Must have been the game crash before I downloaded the patch that caused the issues.

There are also problems in Turkish patch. If you share English texts, I can share Turkish ones.

My first post over here :

Thanks for the update! That's nice to have patch more often with real time issue fixing and some new features.

I found on reddit that the roadmap will be updated soon, that's nite too to have a better overview of what we can expect and in which time.
That's also important to make the community wait ;)

Found an augment in crashed hubble telescope. Nice :). 

1. some users suggested that the dev's should do so---read and done (cool)
  2. someone at SES is quite good in modeling famous satellites and stuff and put it into caves ;). As a meteorologist I would love to see the ESA MSG satellites some when in the future (MSG1/2/3; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteosat ; msg3 http://www.spaceflight101.net/va207-launch-updates.html)

msg3.jpg.13745f7b8f4edf0aff48ae0421bbc6b4.jpg

Btw, it is "Europes largest meteorological satellite", so please make it big ;).

590e134ad4894_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.315b1d6154479380670ffa05b8d4a834.png

So much fun *g*.

Edited by reto

Thanks to the Devs for the update, I considered the game almost unplayable on 154 and 155, but 158 is good. I like the research pace now. I've played 158 for about 10 hours and have all of the stuff I need for moving into new bases but still don't have everything. Now I just hope we have more content soon :)

It's good to know the Hubble can give out other items now, not just Lithium. With the recent changes, Lithium isn't as "immediately helpful" as it used to be. One could argue though it is still worth holding on to for future needs, should you run across it :) 

Any ideas about things floating about? When that will be addressed? I think that's still happening to some degree.

Edited by Shadow Echo

Floating objects seem not to be fixed in this patch. Seen floating satellites and research items quite regularly. And found a new vehicle feature :).

On 5/5/2017 at 5:00 PM, Marck said:

I hope you are not trying to encourage the developers to put out more patches with your comment, because I'd think it causes frustration for them instead. And also, there is a rover fix:

Thanks, devs, for the patch, being so unexpectedly early after the last load of patches.

There is a serious multiplayer issue with rovers in which anytime a non host tries to drive the vehicle either glitch clips into the floor and launches them into near orbit or crashes the game altogether, similarly trying to land a spacecraft on a new planet causes them to crash out this I would consider a game breaking issue, it should be priority, it occurs over crossplay or on the same system and I'll bring it up until it's addressed it's not out of spite it's expressing what's important for the game

Ok it's neat updating all the things. But the manor issue is the Game braking lag. I'm still waiting to play it. The lag is so bad I can't even play it

There is more to the "new" Hubble with Augments in it... it looks slightly different (the lid that's already open when you find one) and also has a hidden message in its audio.... I cant work out what its saying though..

I like the research change/bugfix.

But I'm still waiting for the "vehicle flips upon dismount" bug fix.
That really sucks the fun out of the game for me since v125.

Edited by Shabazza

Is anyone else seeing a sharp increase in underground-based discovery spawns? Granted this is all on one save, but I've found multiples of each different satellite discovery (by the way there are three new audios so far) and three zebra balls all within the distance it would take to use up two or three oxygen tanks. And this is all in one cave network on Terran.  Is there an increased spawn rate for these items or did I just get a really lucky planet generation?

Hey friends, started a new game with this patch yesterday it was running flawlessly on Xbox one for a few hours before I had a crash,(crash occurred after running a tether to a cave then trying to get in rover for save). Vehicles slightly more stable with two people but non host sees themselves sitting below the rover and crashes out most times, today I reloaded the save and now when I exit the rover the front gets sucked into the ground. Otherwise great improvement on Xbox stability ?

IMG_0589.JPG

4 hours ago, AureliYes said:

Is anyone else seeing a sharp increase in underground-based discovery spawns? Granted this is all on one save, but I've found multiples of each different satellite discovery (by the way there are three new audios so far) and three zebra balls all within the distance it would take to use up two or three oxygen tanks. And this is all in one cave network on Terran.  Is there an increased spawn rate for these items or did I just get a really lucky planet generation?

Maybe we both got lucky, but I had the exact same experience.

46 minutes ago, wondible said:

Maybe we both got lucky, but I had the exact same experience.

5 hours ago, AureliYes said:

Yeah its a thing... happening to me as well.

4 hours ago, Echo139 said:

today I reloaded the save and now when I exit the rover the front gets sucked into the ground.

Just loaded into my save today.  This is what I was greeted by:

590f945735690_suckedintoground.thumb.jpg.454b83abeeba1f98ef0b3cbaade9bd94.jpg

In the patch notes you mention updating the research curve. True i AM getting stuff i never got before, but i cant get the old stuff i used to get. Its still bugged and im getting a lot of repeat researches (stuff ive already researched). I dont consider it fixed at all. IS there any hope of patching this, the most fundamental process of the game?

On 5/3/2017 at 1:30 PM, SES_Adam said:

158.thumb.png.ed3b70e81ba85b5dc1e2b2ba8ec4dfbc.png

Astroneer's Pre-Alpha Early Access version has just been updated to 0.3.10158.0 (Patch "158"). Steam 'Early Access' users will receive this update immediately. Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players please allow up to 48 hours for the patch to hit your console or Windows 10 machine.

This patch introduces a number of fixes for existing bugs in the game, including some priority fixes for the games recently updated Research Curve. Additionally, Astroneer now supports Turkish language, Hydrazine canisters are now explosive, and a few other minor updates.

UPDATES
The follow updates have been applied to the game.

• [AS-939] - Hydrazine can explode!
  • [AS-1011] - Gas hazards now despawn after being uncovered from terrain.
  • [AS-1041] - Improved research curve. Chests of the same type can now be re-researched. (This resolves an issue where some players might never see certain unlocks)
  • [AS-1042] - Add Turkish language to the build.
  • [AS-1063] - Add Early Accesss/Pre-alpha + Build # to on-screen overlay.

FIXES
The following bugs are now fixed.

• [AS-450] - Fixed an issue causing the occurrence of visible seams in terrain in MP or after save load.
  • [AS-935] - Improve rover stability in MP so they no longer unrecoverably fly apart.
  • [AS-979] - Most rocks now despawn after being dug up.
  • [AS-990] - Fix gamepad camera behavior while in planet navigation.
  • [AS-996] - Fix incorrect research unlock text.
  • [AS-1025] - Fix ejected resource nuggets being ungrabbable for non-host players.
  • [AS-1026] - Fix various audio cues playing incorrectly in MP.
  • [AS-1036] - Fix power cells not unlocking despite the player receiving an unlock message.

when the update where it the UI for the pause menu is released please let us be able to take off the " Build # to on-screen overlay" or maybe a shorter version like just 158 or something, but thank you guys for working hard and doing the good deed

9 hours ago, Jude said:

In the patch notes you mention updating the research curve. True i AM getting stuff i never got before, but i cant get the old stuff i used to get. Its still bugged and im getting a lot of repeat researches (stuff ive already researched). I dont consider it fixed at all. IS there any hope of patching this, the most fundamental process of the game?

Get a bunch of research pods and and keep resetting the game till you get what you want if it's such a big deal to you. There are far more important things to work on at the moment like multiplayer stability for example 

Hello development team.

I would like to ask you a couple of questions from my Russian YouTube channel.

1. Are liquids expected? If so, when do you expect them?

2. Whether there will be a new organic: stone, ores, etc. If so, when to wait for it and what will it be like?

3. When will the desynchronization in multiplayer between the weak and powerful computer be fixed?

4. Will there be new research? If so, what should we expect.

5. Do we have to wait for the teleport system, the storage system of things and the core inside the planet?

6. My subscribers asked the following question: Will there be a system of fatigue, thirst, hunger, temperature?

7. So, there was a question of the type: When new sources of energy appear; Should we wait for the hover boards or flying ships at an altitude of about 5 meters from the surface?

8. The last question, or I just did not find any comments.  - Will it be possible to restore destroyed solar panels and shuttles which are now considered as knocked-down or "meteorite" objects?

I'm waiting for an answer, and I wish you luck in developing the game!

1)Drill Head is not working

2)Base extention port on shuttle/spaceship not working every time. Can't build new base even on Earth to continue finding chest.

3)Still no habitat, tank, 3/4 mods

Lots of floating objects and the terrain is generating so slow it's stoping me from driving on Xbox 

eveything else is better though great game