SES_Adam

"158" - May 5th, 2017

87 posts in this topic

158.thumb.png.ed3b70e81ba85b5dc1e2b2ba8ec4dfbc.png

Astroneer's Pre-Alpha Early Access version has just been updated to 0.3.10158.0 (Patch "158"). Steam 'Early Access' users will receive this update immediately. Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players please allow up to 48 hours for the patch to hit your console or Windows 10 machine.

This patch introduces a number of fixes for existing bugs in the game, including some priority fixes for the games recently updated Research Curve. Additionally, Astroneer now supports Turkish language, Hydrazine canisters are now explosive, and a few other minor updates.

UPDATES
The follow updates have been applied to the game.

• [AS-939] - Hydrazine can explode!
  • [AS-1011] - Gas hazards now despawn after being uncovered from terrain.
  • [AS-1041] - Improved research curve. Chests of the same type can now be re-researched. (This resolves an issue where some players might never see certain unlocks)
  • [AS-1042] - Add Turkish language to the build.
  • [AS-1063] - Add Early Accesss/Pre-alpha + Build # to on-screen overlay.

FIXES
The following bugs are now fixed.

• [AS-450] - Fixed an issue causing the occurrence of visible seams in terrain in MP or after save load.
  • [AS-935] - Improve rover stability in MP so they no longer unrecoverably fly apart.
  • [AS-979] - Most rocks now despawn after being dug up.
  • [AS-990] - Fix gamepad camera behavior while in planet navigation.
  • [AS-996] - Fix incorrect research unlock text.
  • [AS-1025] - Fix ejected resource nuggets being ungrabbable for non-host players.
  • [AS-1026] - Fix various audio cues playing incorrectly in MP.
  • [AS-1036] - Fix power cells not unlocking despite the player receiving an unlock message.

So no rover fix and coop sync fixes .... sad pants 

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Echo139 said:

I hope you are not trying to encourage the developers to put out more patches with your comment, because I'd think it causes frustration for them instead. And also, there is a rover fix:

On 3.5.2017 at 10:30 PM, SES_Adam said:

[AS-935] - Improve rover stability in MP so they no longer unrecoverably fly apart.

Thanks, devs, for the patch, being so unexpectedly early after the last load of patches.

Edited by Marck

The pile of unknowns I've been savescuming to test things gave me small generator and wind turbine for the first time since the research overhaul. Still no oxygen tank, but I also didn't get trade platform for the first time, so I guess my pile isn't quite big enough.

Thank you it was so much harder to get anything that you need to research for until now 

Hydrazine explodes?! To my pleasure this game is becoming more and more like Kerbal Space Program :D Great work :)

15 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hydrazine explodes?! To my pleasure this game is becoming more and more like Kerbal Space Program :D Great work :)

Another Kerbal fan lol. See if we can drop the frame rate to a crash with all these explosions lol. 😆🎮❤👻

Why does it show that the date posted was Wednesday (May 03) ?

Thanks for the update! I know you guys work hard and I appreciate it!

Does this patch require new game or 155 save useable?

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, SES_Adam said:
  • [AS-1041] - Improved research curve. Chests of the same type can now be re-researched. (This resolves an issue where some players might never see certain unlocks)

For my own clarity - does this mean if I have multiple identical chests they will all unlock blueprints until their branch of the research tree is unlocked?

Any sort of ETA on when the drill head will be fixed? As of the last update before this it didn't work regardless of whether it was on a crane, the front of a car, or the positioning of the car in a chain.

Keep up the fast patches guys. Really pumps your community up to see that dedication.

Question:  Do I have to start a new save to take advantage of the new research curve?

Did another video taking a look at this patch.  Unfortunately, I screwed up and didn't get the game sound captured :(

New update seemed to bring  a general increase of vehicle bugs, my trucks/rovers/shuttle/etc seem awfully antsy today. They are just spazzing out constantly, whether they are at vehicle bay or just starting to phase out of/into render distance. I also had issues with taking a habitat off of my rover, it would allow me to go inside, but not detach

Thanks,

bønesy.

4 hours ago, Echo139 said:

I did notice a general improvement in the vehicle physics, and good work to the devs for doing so. I just also noticed what seemed like a few new problems, but they weren't nearly as bad as before.

i hope i can finnaly pick up my items from the floor

I am now having major issues with the Truck on Xbox One im single player after the 158 patch. truck now goes crazy exiting it and when you get back in it takes off backwards sometimes, blew that one up and made a new one still the same issue, guess Im going to have to start over agian and see if it still happens. If it helps I had a hard crash before I downloaded the 158 patch, and my last save was in the old truck I blew up. Sorry if this isnt the place for this post. 

Thanks for the rover fix. Is there an option to remove the build number overlay? It's quite distracting having it on screen all the time, especially in a game where no HUD is a key design element.

Awesome... I think I found some new easter eggs already... post them later.

First time in a huge cave close to the entrance was very stunning...so many colors and shadows....Awesome!

In the future, the idrazina will be retrade? I had produced 20 stock :') 

(good pach) 

Yey! Just had time to play for about an hour and started a new game. Looks like fun! After 1h I already had my smelter, a rover, and researched the big solar panel, big wind vane, power cells and oxygen filters,  the shuttle and a winch without spending too much effort on dragging research-items around the globe.

Enough to start exploring! Looks way better than in the previous version and gives us (me) most of the tools I need to start doing longer trips around the base and towards the core. Already like it, even if not tested in detail.

What I missed on the 'patch note list' is that they fixed the 'jumping/snapping grid tool thing' on extra-terranian planets, but not traveled there yet, will check that a.s.a.p..

However, first feedback: good job dudes, go on :)

Best upgrades,fixes,graphics and items.

But it only needs one thing some type of game modes and story or story mod so thanks for everything.

Good Luck