GizmoGomez

Small solar panels not working - Hotfix 155

Hey Devs,

I have noticed that my small solar panels, whether placed on a base structure or on my rover (plugged in to the base and parked/not in use), do not begin powering things when the sun comes up, even though they are tracking the sun (and therefore probably should be powering things). When I remove one and replace it, however, they all begin powering things at once, as if they simply needed to be jolted awake or something. It hasn't made a difference whether there are two panels on the same structure, or only one per structure. 

I'm on the steam version, hotfix 155 applied, new save game started after the hotfix. Keyboard and mouse. Around 15 fps if it matters. 

Have fun squashing bugs!

This happens with all power producing objects in my experience. Re-seating them is the fix. Seems to be random too.

I've noticed this too. If I'm in the vicinity of the power source when the sun comes up I need to reseat them.

This is a constant problem for me. All methods of power generation (big or small, wind, solar or generator) seem to have this problem, no matter what they are placed on (backpack, vehicle, base). This was an issue for me though before the 153 patch, but seems to have gotten worse since the 153 patch was implemented. The following 154 and 155 patchs changed nothing.

this, combined with the occasional issue I have with nuggets of power failing to be used up can make powering my Astroneer, his vehicles and his bases a real pain. Could the Devs make fixing this issue a priority please? I know they have a number of things that they are currently working on, be it bug hunting or adding new features. I would just like them to take more of a look at this soon please.

I'm experiencing this as well.  Steam version.  Windows 10.

Perhaps related?   If I'm in the habitat or in a seat when the sun comes up, solar panels and wind vanes send no power to storage.  Exiting the habitat or seat seems to refresh and power begins to flow again.

Same problem here.  Both the power generation units and the power nuggets.  I have a lot of partially used nuggets scattered across many planets now.

7 hours ago, Torgado said:

I'm experiencing this as well.  Steam version.  Windows 10.

Perhaps related?   If I'm in the habitat or in a seat when the sun comes up, solar panels and wind vanes send no power to storage.  Exiting the habitat or seat seems to refresh and power begins to flow again.

Wait, does this mean if I just entered and then exited my habitat or vehicle seat it should refresh and get things working again? I'll have to try that. Didn't know about that little tit-bit of info. Thanks!

joining the club - pc steam, win7x64. For me this happens quite often with any wind or solar devices and actually this started somewhere earlier than 155, for sure it was in 154 too.

Xbox One, was an issue in 131 I know for sure. It may have existed before that too, I'm not sure, but it was definitely an issue in 131.