SES_Adam

"155 - Hotfix" - April 27th, 2017

Recommended Posts

Patch "155 - Hotfix" is now live on Steam.

Xbox 'Play Anywhere' players should expect this patch late this week. 

This update addresses a priority bug that caused previously unlocked item blueprints to be unavailable for Printing. Users playing from Save Games should now expect to see all previously unlocked item blueprints available for Printing where applicable (Backpack Printer, Medium Printer, Vehicle Bay).

FIXES

  • Bug: Fix previously unlocked item blueprints not being Printable.
  • Bug: Power Cells not appearing in the Backpack Printer after being unlocked from Researching an item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CANADIAN ECHO said:

keep them coming guys

lol, must suck making new features and then the game almost breaks, thats pre alpha for you, game still great tho, hope they fix the research system tho so i can actully get the storage, me and my friend played all day and no 8x2 Storage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done guys!

inb4 somebody asks... Why can't you hotfix ___________? <---- fill in the blank :P

Edited by Pi_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oxygen tank not appearing in the Backpack Printer after being unlocked from Researching an item.
Can wind turbines and small generators research from the beginning?
I repeat research and reset, but they don't appear.
What is the difference between 3-seat and ss-3seat?
Is the blank research result fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the patch !

4 minutes ago, notehung said:

Oxygen tank not appearing in the Backpack Printer after being unlocked from Researching an item.
Can wind turbines and small generators research from the beginning?
I repeat research and reset, but they don't appear.
What is the difference between 3-seat and ss-3seat?
Is the blank research result fixed?

1) I dont know if "Researched : Oxygen" is actually the tank unlocking, it might just be a bug

2) Ya we need these, seems to be bugged the same as Printer and Vehicle bay was before 155, but then again, it makes finding the Oxygen Tank and Personal Battery on a dead Astroneer in a cave worthwhile,

3) Sorry, confused at this.

4) One is the Truck 3 Seat and the other is the Spaceship 3 Seat? I'm guessing but it makes sense of the "ss" tag.

5) No idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made a new game, but I wasn't able to get the 3D Printer, i've used the bulb from the underground lants, from the onsurface plants, from rocks, and from spaceship wrecks, I've played about 4 ours, but no 3D Printer at all o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MaximilianPs said:

I've made a new game, but I wasn't able to get the 3D Printer, i've used the bulb from the underground lants, from the onsurface plants, from rocks, and from spaceship wrecks, I've played about 4 ours, but no 3D Printer at all o.O

It should be available from the start... make sure the game is patched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This must be the update that popped for my wife and I tonight on the Xbox One. I'm just wondering why some of these updates are so big. For a hot fix it was almost a gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, not sure if this is the right topic to say this, but since the update, i haven't been able to start astroneer. Once i start the game, the usual window pops up but it doesn't load the game. I bought it on windows 10 store. I am not the only one having this problem, can you guys help me?. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the "Oxygen" bug will be fixed soon as well. I'm guessing it's for the Titanium to oxygen tank printing option in the backpack, because I've had O2 filters come up in another research, well, search lol, and that worked ok. Thank you!

Platform: Xbox One

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2017 at 3:41 AM, Martin said:

Eeup.. Time for a new Game and a                          w Video..

                                         

Fixed my asset list correctly 

but now have a save bug i can't figure out .. i keep saving to a point 1.5 days old no matter how new the save point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on Xbox and I downloaded the 155 patch last night. Do I need to make another save in order for the changes to take place? Or will my previous made saves be affected by it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious about this also. I didn't think 155 was going to be ready this soon for Xbox One but when I opened Astroneer today it was already on 155. Ok, so far so good. I haven't check old saves yet (because they're under a different Gamertag) but for a game that was newly created under the Research & Augment Curve, I have a game where I unlocked 3 items at once and wrote them down. One was Power Cells which of course wasn't showing up. Problem is, the Power Cells still aren't showing up. What I've done: Saved, closed out the game, signed out, and restarted the Xbox One, then signed back in and opened Astroneer and loaded the save to check if Power Cells was now printable. Nope. Now what? I didn't go through resetting system cache, because I've never has to do something like that for updates to Astroneer. If I need to try that, I could, but that just seems a bit extreme. I could be wrong though. Maybe because it's a hotfix means a clearing of system cache is needed, at least for Xbox One players. Please advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I was playing with two friends in Astroneer and we played for several hours, research quit giving new blueprints after a while, we were missing the wide mod, inhibitor mod and the spaceship, we collected research pods from everywhere,  Terrain trees, underground tunnels and other planets using the shuttle still nothing.

I can get those blueprints in a single player game, so I know they exist, I don't why after many, many pods, nothing but resources, filters and power cells, bad luck? or are these blueprints on some sort of limited number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unata said:

Yesterday I was playing with two friends in Astroneer and we played for several hours, research quit giving new blueprints after a while, we were missing the wide mod, inhibitor mod and the spaceship, we collected research pods from everywhere,  Terrain trees, underground tunnels and other planets using the shuttle still nothing.

I can get those blueprints in a single player game, so I know they exist, I don't why after many, many pods, nothing but resources, filters and power cells, bad luck? or are these blueprints on some sort of limited number?

When you research a thing of a category, the chance to research other things in the same category decreases.

Example: if you first research the Wind Vane (Power), the chance to research the small generator (Power) decreases.

http://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Research_(Mechanic)

Edited by xeryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unata said:

Yesterday I was playing with two friends in Astroneer and we played for several hours, research quit giving new blueprints after a while, we were missing the wide mod, inhibitor mod and the spaceship, we collected research pods from everywhere,  Terrain trees, underground tunnels and other planets using the shuttle still nothing.

I can get those blueprints in a single player game, so I know they exist, I don't why after many, many pods, nothing but resources, filters and power cells, bad luck? or are these blueprints on some sort of limited number?

I've gotten spaceship from hairy hostile plant ones. Augments seem to only come from the tech unknowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2017 at 10:57 PM, Shadow Echo said:

I am curious about this also. I didn't think 155 was going to be ready this soon for Xbox One but when I opened Astroneer today it was already on 155. Ok, so far so good. I haven't check old saves yet (because they're under a different Gamertag) but for a game that was newly created under the Research & Augment Curve, I have a game where I unlocked 3 items at once and wrote them down. One was Power Cells which of course wasn't showing up. Problem is, the Power Cells still aren't showing up. What I've done: Saved, closed out the game, signed out, and restarted the Xbox One, then signed back in and opened Astroneer and loaded the save to check if Power Cells was now printable. Nope. Now what? I didn't go through resetting system cache, because I've never has to do something like that for updates to Astroneer. If I need to try that, I could, but that just seems a bit extreme. I could be wrong though. Maybe because it's a hotfix means a clearing of system cache is needed, at least for Xbox One players. Please advise.

IF you get the Powercells research, you should be able to then open backpack and craft them with compound.  If you can't.  Then it's a bug.  There's no need to restart, save, exit, stand on head etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wondible said:

I've gotten spaceship from hairy hostile plant ones. Augments seem to only come from the tech unknowns.

Yeh seen a few posts mentioning this, I also got shuttle from a green one of those and later a spaceship from the red one, kept finding all kinds of weird researchables under plants, puffers and exploding cactus like ones but not hairy seeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hy there.

Still have the problem that the tool jumps, currently on arid. It works nicely let's say 3m around the character, but then it snaps to some kind of grid! That makes it veeeeeery hard to build something or to prepare a road. Arr :).

Windows 8.1, latest experimental version from steam (must be 155 right now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, reto said:

snaps to some kind of grid! That makes it veeeeeery hard to build something or to prepare a road. Arr :).

Windows 8.1, latest experimental version from steam (must be 155 right now).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.