SES_Adam

"154" - April 26, 2017

Patch 154 is now live on Steam and Xbox 'Play Anywhere'.
(Xbox One/Windows 10 users: Expect the update to hit your console or PC in the next 48 hours.)

This is the same update that was originally played and tested on the Experimental Build of Astroneer (Details). It is a small patch that mostly addresses Medium Printer and Vehicle Bay accessibility issues from Patch 153 and two minor bug fixes.

UPDATES

• MEDIUM PRINTER base module now unlocked at the beginning of new games.
    You will no longer be required to unlock its Blueprint from Researching.
  • MEDIUM PRINTER  base module will include a SMALL SEAT blueprint, available for Printing. 
  • VEHICLE BAY base module now unlocked at the beginning of new games. 
  • VEHICLE BAY base module will include a ROVER CHASSIS blueprint, available for Printing. 

FIXES

• Fix for player colour/suits being wrong in MP after Save game is loaded.
  • Fix for DEADLY HEAT-SEEKING storm boxes

I'm going to agree with missing1eyebrow from the previous update notes. I don't completely like that hydrazine is now totally untradeable. (I only now found that patch notes when this steam notification popped up for this one).

Yes, trading hydrazine was so brokenly overpowered that there was little to no point to leave my base, but.... well.

I really don't like the constant knowledge that all non-rocketship-fuel resources are now completely limited, combined with the fact that trading stations trade for half value. While you can still use this to turn aluminum and copper into the unrefined version of the other, then refine them, it seems... bit of a ripoff and never worth using other than that ONE function now.

Knowing that I am permanently reducing the amount of resources in the game world on that file will make me never want to use the trading station aside from that one conversion. This takes the game from completely unbalanced to functional, but it still needs tweaks. Now the trading station is next to worthless for 95% of the things you can trade for unless you are -desperate- for a resource.

Overall good work, thanks for the terrain tool upgrades, thanks for the progression, the reason to explore more. :3 Overall it looks fun, we'll see what I do with it.

On a side note, I do realize that the trading station is still very much a Work In Progress and you are experimenting with just about everything. Last I checked there were like 12 spawnable resources in game neither used for anything nor findable outside of direct spawning. Astronium, Ice, etc.

Who knows? Maybe the balance solution for the trading station is to make a 'trading fodder' resource that, while technically limited, is SO abundant on some planet types that it would be mathematically infeisable for the player to run out?

Or just a specific resource that trades at high value for trading while NOT being used to build something crucial? Gold? (meme warning) Diamonds? Unobtainium? I'd adore there to be a reason for jewels/gems to be in the game. Diamonds, sapphires, rubies, etc. Maybe go the slime rancher route and have the whole reason that these astronauts are exploring this segment of space to be for profit? That would also add a scoring or objective system to the game.

I'm just spit-balling ideas. Making this game is hard work for you, thanks for all your hard hours, devs.

Edited by Yuni_Hermit

1 hour ago, Yuni_Hermit said:

I don't completely like that hydrazine is now totally untradeable.

xD  I've seen a lot of statements like that since this latest patch, and I'm not laughing at you Yuni_Hermit, it's just funny as hell thinking back to January and all the Hydrazine/Trade Platform talk.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't... but we knew people would react that way.  Full disclosure; back when this discussion was raging in the forums, I'm one of those who called for Hydrazine to have zero value on the trade platform.  So I say bravo to the dev team!

And kudos SES for the quick patch of the patch in response to your customers!  Samantha, don't feel too bad.  For a while now we've all felt the research system needed tweaking.  Thanks for jumping in and trying something new.  I'm sure this won't be the last time something will need readjusting.  It's just part of the growing pains in the development process.  We look forward to the future of Astroneer!

I'm also "apprehensive" about the Hydrazine situation... but only in regards to it in relation to the current state of the game. That is, when the game go's into Alpha or closer to release, it should be un-tradeable, I like that it forces more of a survival and exploration focus onto you. There are a lot on underutilized objects/mechanics in the game and this may help those things become more important, specially with the changed research.

But I'm just worried that now, in such a early stage of development, it will make the game too grindy. There is a good chance after every patch we will have to start new games each time. Which means going through a big grind and maybe a erroneous amount of playtime to fully test each patch, specially if new content is only available "late" in the game.

But I'm loving 154 so far, keep up the great work please! Chin up Sam, I'm sure this will be the first of many bugs that everyone on the team will contribute too sooner or later :P

Edited by The_Gump
EDIT : Forgot to thank you guys !!

1 hour ago, Yuni_Hermit said:

I don't completely like that hydrazine is now totally untradeable.  

Um I love this update, I love how you cant just get a fuel condenser and trade platform and sit there all day every day trading for unlimited resources just ruins the games immersion and exploration. Like one of the games big sellers for me personally is it's exploration. Giving people an option (let's call what it is an easy way out) to do this ruins the game for me and for a lot of people I know (i have played with probably over 100 people and they all share the same view as me with this particular thing) bring this back will probably anger a lot of people, taking the ability to trade fuel adds to the exploration the danger the resource management  and other things.

I think that this discussion will calm down as soon as there are more things to do with the Hydrazine. There were suggestions on using Hydrazine as possible input to generators, which would also make them valuable for underground exploration trips by rover, which allows you to do more exploration and removes the need of trading (imo).

Fully  agree with the post of the "@SophisticatedDonkey" above: the major part of this game is and should be exploration! In the early versions of this game one has had everything researched and fetched after about 2 hours, then moved to another planed, then moved to another planet ... but there was no real task to do anymore wherefore I always started a new game after few hours rather than playing and starting from scratch just to have the same challenge again (beginning of the game).

I think that the game definitively develops into the right direction!

I think everybody has completely missed the point on several things.....

Trades from the Trade Platform:  Just reduce Hyrdo to a value of one like Organic....That slows the trade down real fast.... Additionally The trade platform is way to fast..... How about making the first trip take 5 minutes.... then each trip in a given period adds 1 minute to the base time..... Give it a cool down that returns the time for transit to the original 5 minutes...Baaaaaam! solved.

I find it a very Sloppy Excuse to tell me you have to Nerf resources and research to Force me to explore........  I already have covered huge swaths of the planets as the Bear said "To see what he could see....Over the Mountain"   "To see what he could see".   I realize as time go's on new content will add flavor just like space wrecks I would like to see researchable flora and fauna... create a Zoo module and have to collect small animals....Create a Green House and collect rare orchids..... Create a Geo Lab and have to collect dirt and rare mineral specimens ....There are so many easy routes to "Encourage Exploration" without the Grind.

You have mini games already in a few Satellites so it cant be that hard to do little Flavor Enhancing Mini Adventures.... the you have to explore to find them for yourself.

I can tell you straight out that 30 hours play in one game of 154 without an Organic Generator/Wind turbines/Wind Vain/2 Augments/Oxygen Tank/Small Storage/Lg Solar is a bit ridiculous.

I think the thing most off putting was that the new Augments came out and  many of us have still not been able to use them all in one game.... You guys have done some cool things with the game realize that but accept that many of us are very Frustrated.

Well, I have started a new game when 154 came out and I was lucky enough to spawn under the trees, so I had much more research boxes than one can have being spawned on flatlands.

In a couple of hours I've researched things like rover, truck, habitat, shuttle, big storage, wide and narrow mod, even medium solar-panel was there. I still don't have inhibitor, terrain analyzer, medium wind vane, spaceship, crane, etc.

I suggested I should visit other planets and after some tries I found a huge forest on Exotic near its pole. I've managed to build a base there, constructed a truck with storage and 1-seat and other truck with 2 storage, so I could bring home 15 research boxes in one trip. There are boxes of all types, tons of them, everywhere - it's a very dense forest.

I made about 20-30 trips, bringing home different boxes of all sizes and shapes, 15 in one trip. The only thing I researched within hundreds of boxes on Exotic was small storage. It was very helpful, of course, because now I can properly store dozens of filters, compound nuggets and power cells. I trade all aluminium and copper nuggets I've 'researched' for lithium or titanium just because it saves space. I wish I had dynamite researched to blow all that redundant scrap I don't even need, but I haven't.

When I first watched this new awesome trailer for patch 153 I was eager to try these new features out, but seems I can't afford it. New research system, even after it got patched, makes me feel discouraged, flummoxed. I don't want to play it anymore because it punishes me, burying me under the burden of all these air filters. I can't wear that much, I don't need these amounts even in reserve. I want to be able to find 1 compound nugget under my feet when I'm in need and craft it with my backpack. Ironically, it's not an option, cause I haven't researched it.

Edited by eagroke

11 hours ago, Yuni_Hermit said:

I really don't like the constant knowledge that all non-rocketship-fuel resources are now completely limited, combined with the fact that trading stations trade for half value. While you can still use this to turn aluminum and copper into the unrefined version of the other, then refine them, it seems... bit of a ripoff and never worth using other than that ONE function now.

Knowing that I am permanently reducing the amount of resources in the game world on that file will make me never want to use the trading station aside from that one conversion. This takes the game from completely unbalanced to functional, but it still needs tweaks. Now the trading station is next to worthless for 95% of the things you can trade for unless you are -desperate- for a resource.

First, It is not the case that you are permanently removing resources as there are resource pillars that regenerate with time. These can be harvested and traded for other things, and with future automation may even be possible regularly. I also really like not having the hydrazine trade because I don't think the Hydrazine condenser makes sense in creating fuel on its own anyway. I agree with many others that there should be a resource cost to making rocket fuel that is not infinite. This is because, game or not, the resources SHOULD be limited. The fact that you are trading for a "better" or "needed" resource just means you are using a resource for something different (unless you are just trading back and forth for some reason). These are finite worlds and the resources should reflect that. I just don't accept that all these worlds are made from all the uncondensed-filtered-whatever components to quickly make rocket fuel.

No hopefully as things progress we will get ways to travel to other systems and in a huge galaxy there are effectively unlimited resources, but as trade economy becomes a thing we need to have the effort = the reward for trade and given the Solar Power into fuel into anything option this will break the trade very quickly. If not Zero for fuel then something close to it.

That said the real critical issue here is how quickly the community has demonstrated their disappointment and the "lack of fun" with the new research system. I could rehash much of what has been said but the obvious observation is that getting many useless plans, un-needed items and more resources than you are mining to try and research the skills to use resources is an entirely failed research system.

To tie these together, removing hydrazine trading was a move to bring the game even more towards exploring, resource gathering and discovery. DEVS: Don't make the resource deposits even less important than with hydrazine (SO many pods opened!) or make research un-fun before even filling it with all the new content I am sure you are excited about...

Edited by Beren99

I just started playing around last night with the latest patch on Xbox One. To give some perspective, I've played hundreds of hours in Astroneer already (I bought the game right after I played the trial back in late January, patch 119 was the first version I experienced) and I must say "wow" things are overall much improved in terms of performance, so many thanks for that!!! I have followed the story of this upcoming patch closely, including the delay for Xbox/Win, the release on Steam, all the complaints, and the resultant modifications prior to releasing for Xbox/Win. I'm very happy the Printer was added back. It should be a building there at the start. However, if there's nothing you can build from the start, that is problematic but still beats having to find the blueprint to unlock the printer when you might find several blueprints (here on out I'll abbreviate as BPs) to use on that as of yet unlocked printer first (I can imagine the incredible frustration of that occurring in game). I intended to post several questions prior to the release for Xbox/Win (I only play on Xbox) but I didn't get around to it. I still have the same concerns so I'm going ahead and posting them here.

I think it's a big mistake to eliminate some options from backpack for printing at the start. I don't mind the idea of needing to explore to find more BPs for larger items such as big batteries, big solar panels, even big wind vanes, but I completely DISAGREE with the removal of the production of a small wind vane from the backpack. This is the ONLY method at the beginning to create a small amount of power for your character and/or base at night. Of course you can collect power crystals, but those have had the tendency to be bugged as well (at least in 131 they were-sometimes I'd plug a power nugget into my base and it wouldn't refill power on anything, yet other times it would, plus there was great unpredictability with solar and wind generation, more so on vehicles than on base, where the panels and vanes would often have to be removed slightly and set back down to resume energy production). I do hope many of these issues have been resolved. However, I stil stand by my assertion that having initial access to both tier 1 (small) solar AND wind generation is imperative and allows the player to feel their exploration is worthwhile (I'm an avid explorer, I'm always looking for crashes to explore, and when I find a bit of aluminum it was always SOP to make 1-2 small wind vanes, 1 for my shoulder perch and 1 for base power production after dark. Please consider adding this back to the pack. Some games and esp mobile games will allow only a certain number of an object in world at a time. I'm not that familiar with game engines so idk if that's possible, to limit initial production to maybe 2 small wind vanes prior to unlocking say the BP but that would be reasonable so they aren't spam-produced. Still, I think it's better to allow them than to not do so. The small organic generator is also another vital power source for character and base when sun goes down, so I'd lean towards saying these should be available at the start they do award the early exploration which is the ultimate goal I believe, as I've always searched out crashes to find rare materials such as titanium, lithium, ores, and whatever else I might find. As things exist now, there seems little point in investigating my time exploring crashes if y'all are going to tie my hands and prevent me from making choices about what I need to survive in an alien world. Sounds to me like there's a lot of grind associated with the other BPs so I ask you to not make this one as well.

Ok, thanks for bearing with my wall of text, I can't help it I always write a lot lol. My other concern is with the terrain tool. Afaik I haven't found any augments yet which is fine. However, when I'm flattening and smoothing around my base, doing general clean-up, now for some bizarre reason it's making a huge cloud of dust that wasn't there before (and I don't like it, seems ridiculous to add a dust cloud to me) plus in areas I'm smoothing it's adding in gray terrain! Grey! I don't want grey! I'm not using any augments haven't even looked for any, so why is it doing this? This isn't how the blog or video explained augments. I want it back the way it was, so if I'm working with pink or blue terrain, and smoothing or filling, it stays pink or blue. Hopefully that makes sense. I can't find any method to change the color. There's no augment equipped to the side of the tool that I can see, so please someone tell me how to get rid of this obnoxious gray color it's adding. I want it to stick to the existing colors of the surrounding terrain for now like it used to. This just doesn't make ANY sense.

I love Astroneer that's why I have played hundreds of hours of it. The research curve, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I'm still just trying to flatten a base (but I don't want it to be grey, ugh!). I continue to explore the surrounding terrain same as always, looking for resources and wrecks. However, I think this activity should be rewarded appropriately (the same as it always was) largely because it's one of the major goals of the game, exploration. With that in mind, I ask the Devs to reconsider the changes made in the backpack system, which recently made the fruits of these labors no longer rewarding. I do think this was a mistake. It went too far. Encouraging exploration for different research pods, that's one thing. Crippling the utility of our backpack from the start, our sole essential survival too, now that's a different story altogether. Often encountered in wrecks are rare items like lithium, titanium, metals ores, etc. Now I'd argue the tier 1 battery is pretty useless (I don't often collect them even off of dead Astroneers). They need to be reworked to be of any use, such as allowing them to be recharged in the same way our own backpack battery recharges. Too often they just sit dead attached to a pack, and that is worthless and also takes up space. So I personally don't care about printing a tier 1 battery. The others though, directly inhibit exploration in one form or another, and I believe that's contrary to the overal purpose and goals of the game. Using titanium to craft additional O2 tanks isn't a cheat or exploit, it actually encourages further exploration even makes it much more feasible IMHO because sometimes it's much easier to explore off-tether in some areas. In fact, removing recipes for printing objects in the backpack (until BPs are found) is incredibly short-sighted, makes the game unnecessarily grindy and probably very off putting to newer players who have little grasp of the game overall, plus totally misses the point of rewarding exploration in the first place. There can be no justification for allowing one tier 1 energy source (solar panel) and not another (tier 1 wind vane) so long as the player puts in the effort to explore and find the resource. Same goes with the small organic generator. Really unnecessary to inconvenience players in such a manner especially since most will be finding their first piece(s) of ore through some crash site or supply pod (the pyramid stack). Sorry, I'm rambling a bit, but I'm extremely frustrated by this forced limitation to the backpack and it makes NO sense. It's our initial survival tool, it promotes further exploration without hindering us, and yet the Dev team have gone and crippled it essentially? I know, they already have made some adjustments, but I think retooling the backpack should also be a major priority as well. Of all the things I mentioned, I'd say allowing small wind vane printing is the MOST important. I see no reason to investigate crashes anymore if I'm unlikely to be able to use anything they might hold early in game, which is the exact opposite of how I felt about them prior to this patch.

If anyone can tell me how NOT to change my terrain grey I'd much appreciate! I don't have any augments on, so this totally baffles me! Thanks for enduring the long read! Take care everyone! :) 

Edited by Shadow Echo

For dog's sake, please make storage a default recipe. Having 'trucks' with almost no storage space is just ridiculous. Even having somewhere to put stuff other than piling it like a junkyard would be a huge improvement. I have also suggested, and repeat here, that a containerized storage module should be the next base module introduced. The clutter of harvested goods adds nothing to the joy of the game. 32 slots in an anchored module would be awesome (equal to a fully 'storagized' large storage).

For those worried about the collapse of the mighty hydrazine trading industry. Remember that resources are still technically unlimited due to the rocks that let you suck up compound/resin. They regenerate over time, and are full every time you reload the world.

So go around, find resources, have fun, you're obviously not going to run out. But if you somehow manage to completely ravage the entire solar system and spend all your resources on dynamite to mine more resources and finally get to a point where you've blown up the universe, remember: you still have compound and resin generators.

@Shadow Echo - the way you make your added terrain a different color than grey is to use the terrain analyzer! We made that change intentionally, to bring awareness to the "footprint" that you as the player have on the planet. Once you unlock terrain analyzers, you can sample any color of terrain you want and choose which color to apply to newly added terrain. It also solves a technical question about which color the terrain could be when adding, because the color data contained inside empty voxels doesn't always match the color of terrain you're extending. Random changing of colors while adding terrain feels kind of weird. In any case, once you've got a few colors available, I'd love to see how you decorate your base!

@Beren99 - there's definitely been a lot of dissatisfaction with the longer research curve. We made it harder as a test, because it was a little too flat feeling before the change. The tricky part is that a lot of other people in the community liked the forced exploration aspect. The cycles of earning the vehicle bay and earning the printer resulted in an extremely rewarding feeling after they became available. That said, it was a little too hard. We will probably push and pull at it a few more times while in early access, but we'll always pay attention to how the community responds to our changes.

If anyone has experienced a bug where previously available research became unavailable when opening a save with build 153 or 154, please contact me!

OK, some people like the hydrozene change, some don't.  SO.... make the game dial-able or customizable so the player can choose their own level of details.  You give me a "sandbox" and no "sand"?  Options would make this game magical for every player and every style.

okay I am fairly new here so I don't know if this is just a 154 patch problem or has been on going. when in multi player one player gathers a pile of compound but then a second player comes along and the compound still looks like it is there, but gets nothing when gathering. second thing when the host over fills the tool the resource falls on ground player can still interact with it. however if any one besides the host over fills the tool and item drops to ground they can not interact with it.....but the host can come over and pick it up.

1 hour ago, SamanthaZero said:

@Beren99 - there's definitely been a lot of dissatisfaction with the longer research curve. We made it harder as a test, because it was a little too flat feeling before the change. The tricky part is that a lot of other people in the community liked the forced exploration aspect. The cycles of earning the vehicle bay and earning the printer resulted in an extremely rewarding feeling after they became available. That said, it was a little too hard. We will probably push and pull at it a few more times while in early access, but we'll always pay attention to how the community responds to our changes.

Thanks for the response. Don't get me wrong, I both agree that things were flat and too easy and understand the need to test out the curve and make things harder. I actually also disagree with many complaints and Agree that the printer and vehicle bay should not be available from the start. The key however is to make the progression rewarding. I am happy for the research to be very slow and require much exploration (as I always assumed the early easier versions were designed to be easier to let people "test" things). However, the progression is the key. As many have said it just needs to make sense and be useful (*at least usable) when we acquire something new. So long as things like Printer and VBay come before the things they print (or similar their 2's in the future) you will avoid that sense of "oh another thing I can build". Perhaps more  backpack items before more complex blueprints for the tier 2 to promote "walkabout" exploration. I also think that it would be ok once we have the basic printing and vehicles to THEN acquire a blueprint that we can't build, that requires puzzles or that requires going out to find the things needed to build up make this new cool thing we just learned a reality. The key is just to prevent the lack of a reward being useful, especially early on.

Also just to reiterate, the removal of hydrazine trading shows that this is your goal. To push people to explore their environment and build up using that, not gimmicks. This attitude is crucial as the game develops. 

I am not pushing for a specific skill tree or progression, that is of the Devs to design, but each hard earned step should be usable; but like the hydrazine, no one thing should become so critical as to become disheartening or preclude all other aspects of exploring the amazing planets and resources "Out There"... 

@SamanthaZero Thanks for your reply! :) I watched the vid and read your blog post about the research curve, as well as reading the blog about the Augments last week (back when I thought Xbox was getting the update same time as Steam) That didn't come to pass of course, with the Xbox/Win release being delayed. In retrospect, this may have been fortuitous in a way because it allowed a subset of the community to experience the update and offered them a chance to respond to some important issues, namely how awkward (and in many instances incredibly frustrating as well) to not have the printer available at the start of the game. I agree, in retrospect of course, the printer should be a "starter building" even if it remains to seen (through feedback, discussion, and likely some additional fine tuning ahead) what exactly "should" be unlocked/available to print and when (the conditions required, such a finding BPs, blueprints).

As to the color and analyzer for the terrain tool, as I said I did read the blog post and maybe I just thought I understood when in fact I didn't. I was excited (I believe) as anyone else at the prospect of having the terrain tool "learn" colors and being able to "paint" areas all over with a veritable rainbow, without the need for any destructive force applied etc. Where you, or the augments blog, etc "lost me" is this: I thought I had to "discover" an augment to do the color analysis, and once attached to the tool, as in the video, you would go to the color terrain you wanted to "learn" and you had to "suck up" a certain amount of that color for the tool to "learn it" which was shown on the tool augment as a progress bar of sorts. So yeah, I'm baffled by this because 1. I never "found" a color analyzer anywhere (I had just loaded into a new game right after downloading update on Xbox One) and 2. I certainly did NOT "teach" it grey (ugh, as if I would, lol, ok maybe that's not entirely fair I could imagine some applications for it around the base). I had picked a staring world with my fave color combo: bubblegum pink and blue, and now after trying to use the tool to smooth the base (always much more of a pain for us Xbox users although I must say in my brief use the tool is working EXTREMELY fast now! almost too fast in fact! I'm going to have to re-learn the time-use scale and some aspects of muscle memory but that's actually a GOOD thing in this respect) but I don't recall seeing anywhere about there being a "default grey" did I just miss this? Are others experiencing this issue? Is there a way to avoid this happening around my base for now? A workaround of sorts? Because I haven't found any augments yet, in fact, the I don't recall anyone saying where exactly one finds these augments. Are the discovered same way as other BPs? Or is it some other method, like you come across them I'm crashes, caves, etc? Any help appreciated, from anyone.

To Samantha specifically, I know a lot of the feedback on the research curve has been particularly harsh. You've been through this development process on your own before (for your game Sentris I believe, from reading your blog/history) so I'm glad you're the kind of person who won't let it get you down and will keep on and persevere. Still, I do think others could be a little more tactful in their responses. The game isn't "broken" lol. This is exactly what the "pre-alpha" stage of game development is for, trying things out, making adjustments where need be, and adjusting some more. Plus, the game has only been out what, since like Dec 21? This is very very early in game development and also the team working on it is very small as well. While the team is expanding its still a relatively small one. The smaller the team the more difficult it is (IMHO) to expand the team because each person hired is all that more critical to team collaboration and fit. If it's a team/company comprised of hundreds of employees, and those are split off into many sections, each working on a subset of a game, such that most sections have little contact with each other, then the hiring and it's intricacies become a whole different ballgame. When it's only a handful of people who are sharing all aspects of work intimately and also in a relatively close work environment, by definition it's a tight knit group, it has to mesh, there's no where to run off to so to speak. Differences in ersonality and working style (that clash) are going to be obvious and detrimental to the work environment and work flow. So yeah, while its critical the community continue to give feedback, it's still important we remember what Astroneer is: a game still very early in development, with new team members working hard to mesh with the overall plan and design of the game and with the team overall, that THIS is the time and place to try new things to help improve the quality of the game along with challenge and longevity of it in addition to bug and performance fixes, and delivering constructive criticism with maturity and observing proper decorum is something I think everyone would appreciate from the community, to the mods, and all the way up to the Devs. Not trying to be preachy, not trying to be judgmental here, just trying to help. That's my 2 cents, thanks :)

P.S. Sorry if there's a lot of typos. I always write a lot. It's a part of my personality, an ingrained trait, something I couldn't change if I wanted to (most come to understand this and appreciate what I have to say, because the detail offers important info, others make fun of it and I laught along with them, and the haters, well haters always gonna hate so what?). For whatever reason, I tend to make more mistakes on this forum using my iPad than on other forums; it's just something I've observed. Normally I'll try to edit typos when I see them, perhaps use a preview function to help out with this, but tbh the edit timer is just too restrictive to make it worthwhile. While I've read about why the edit timer was imposed, the reason wasn't enough to stick with me, so I'm left not remembering why it's necessary (nor can I imagine either, since the multitude of other forums I visit don't have such restrictions). Either way, I'm not trying to change things, just explaining a few reasons my long posts could have several typos lol ;) 

1 hour ago, SamanthaZero said:

If anyone has experienced a bug where previously available research became unavailable when opening a save with build 153 or 154, please contact me!

Wait, this wasn't intentional?  Add every single one of my saves to this list.

I made a post after 153, and now I've got quite a few hours logged on 154.  Not being able to trade hydrazine is fine, but you've gotta remove it from the research chests.  I get so much of the stuff and there's no use for it.  Someone else suggested removing the nodes from the world which would be good too, as long as the fuel condenser is available by the time I need to take off.  Alternately, better yet, make it the crafting material for dynamite.  There are already too many things that require aluminum and a person can never have enough dynamite, so it's a win/win when you get saddled with a bunch of worthless hydrazine. 

Adding the vehicle bay and printer baseline is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  The root of the problem is that it's not fun to spend 20 minutes trying to find a new research chest and then getting nothing because the slot machine says so.  It's not fun, it's not engaging, it shouldn't be in the game.  Don't confuse the "relieved feeling" people get when they finally get what they need to proceed with a "rewarding feeling."  Hey the RNG finally gave me what I needed after the seventh time I found this specific piece of space junk ... that's not rewarding.  If I knew I had to find exactly 20 chests and I was guaranteed to get the blueprint I wanted, I'd feel rewarded for my effort and I'd feel like I progressed because of my own hard work.  As it stands, I just feel cheated every time another chest gives me nothing and I'm exactly where I was before I found it. 

Get rid of the slot machine aspect of this.  If you really insist on sticking with the RNG grind, you have got to increase the amount of chests there are, or put a much higher priority in the RNG for important things (base buildings, trucks, spaceships, HABITATS, power generation, batteries, storage) and a much lower priority for the unimportant things (filters, O2 tanks, power cells, shuttle, rover, augments, crane, drill, dynamite). 

Also, the idea of FORCED exploration is absurd in a sandbox game.  There needs to be a reason to explore, not a requirement.  A great step you've made in this direction is the Terrain Analyzer.  If I want a bright white color to paint with I need to climb a mountain.  If I want a deep red color to paint with I need to head over to the Arid Planet.  If I want purple I can head to Exotic.  Collecting a bunch of colors is something I want to do and it makes me want to play the game more.  Not having access to the wind vane because I think I've exhausted all of the research on Terran and feeling forced to head elsewhere just makes me feel cheated and I want to give up because I know there's just more slot machines awaiting me in the sky.

Edited by Pursus

Hmm..

6 hours and 33mins into my game.  I have:

Solar Panel, Shuttle, Spaceship, 3 seat, Large Storage, Small Storage, Coal Generator, Winch, Big Battery, Wide Mod, Air Filters, Habitat, Trader.

Missing:  Wind Gen small and large, Truck, Crane, Drill, Inhibitor, Narrow Mod, Analyser, Powercells, Small Organic Generator, Fuel Condenser, Air Tank, Small Battery.

Visited: Terran, Barren, Arid. 

Also got Oxygen and Researched:

Main issues: None really.  Floating things.

Wishlist: Map, Research List, Unknowns Researched Mouseover tool. Maybe a %chance to get research in description.  More planets.. more moons, more research, more vehicles, more ships..and a Helicopter.. on the roof.  And I want it yesterday.

Keep up the good work and patch yourself a thick skin..

Edited by Martin

I was wondering how do I attach the augments on the Xbox One?

I have put a number of hours in recently with the 154 patch and finally found the inhibitor augment.  After building one of popped into my backpack as any item would.  From there I grabbed the item, but it the interface does not allow me to add the augment to my terrain tool. I can click on the tool, but it simply picks it up without revealing an interactive version of the terrain tool.  I have tried number button combinations to no avail. Without being able to add this to the tool, the augment just becomes a useless item taking up a slot in my backpack.

I am hoping to find some resolution to this issue in the next patch.

I so AGREE with Pursus 200%...... I spent another 8 hours on 154 so 40 Hours in a single game and Got Crap....

I stopped counting the loads of Power Cells and Filters... Research hasn't advanced a bit and as for Exploration Hauling Chests all over the planet is not Exploration.

Exploration is Finding things and Discovering things I was amazed when I came across a dead Astro engineer that had an Oxygen Tank/Dynamite/2 Battery's/Titanium/

Copper and an Aluminum....It was a bonanza.........

After 40 Hours still no Solar Panels, Wind Turbines, Oxygen Tank, Organic Generator, Sm Storage and only 2 Augments......

I ask..... How many people are stupid as me to play 40 hours just to get squat?

I get that the Devs have to start somewhere but I cant believe anyone played this mod prior to release.

I am not Mad..... I am Frustrated as Hell because it outright Kills the Experience..... and worse yet is to say its intentional to make it Hard..... Its not hard its just poorly thought out.

Edited by KeeblerOrc

I think most people are still misunderstanding the current situation  IT'S PREALPHA do you guys know what that means? Stop being so hopping mad god man take some chill pills it not even close to where the full game is going to be things take time to develop and to fix they only have a small team its not like this is wow and they have over 100 people working on the game at any one time. It's a small team they need time demanding results is childish this is not your place o simply want the game to be how you dream of it to be, I will be happy with whatever the devs want this game to be in the end because at the end of the day this is THEIR GAME not yours not mine if your so nit picky about anything go develop your own game ow wait you can't your too busy hating on the devs good work.....

P.s. Don't think of this as I hate people who are disrespectful and don't understand how hard it is to actually code and find problems in games, think of this as a friendly reminder that your a customer you have every right to hate on the devs, but maybe instead of wording things so disrespectfully actually give back some helpful comments instead of just complaining?

Edited by SophisticatedDonkey

So any news on when the next patch will be comming to fix a good bit of the bugs in the game? Be great if the could do something about the buzz freeze back to dashboard. Over all i love the game and can wait for whats next. I can live with the smaller bugs but would rly love if they could put a end to the game freeze and crash after a prolonged gameplay time. Keep up the great work though. ??