KingCormier

Idea: Enemies

I'm not sure if this is already planned but enemies would be a way to keep you terrifying, considering i'm not the only one who finds the dark empty caves creepy. If their is enemies though we need a way to fight them, but also they cant be to many. this game has a really good exploration to it, so to many monsters would ruin it. I don't know what else to say the idea is here but all it needs is the execution. 

24 minutes ago, KingCormier said:

I'm not sure if this is already planned but enemies would be a way to keep you terrifying, considering i'm not the only one who finds the dark empty caves creepy. If their is enemies though we need a way to fight them, but also they cant be to many. this game has a really good exploration to it, so to many monsters would ruin it. I don't know what else to say the idea is here but all it needs is the execution. 

Well the game isn't Minecraft, its supposed to be more laidback. Weapons arent gonna be implemented most likely

I love the idea of enemies. However, I think adding weapons would be against the spirit of the game. So what if instead we could only block or trap them with the deform tool or maybe just outright avoid them. Also it might be a bit much for the starter planet, maybe keep them on the irradiated or exotic planets. 

maybe not 'enemies' as such. possibly some sort of creature who likes how shiny your base is and like to take parts of it for a nest or hoard. then if you found it, free parts for your base or high level resources.

1 hour ago, KingCormier said:

Enemies are currently not planned.

They didn't say 'never', but the current answer is no.

1 hour ago, Mechfried said:

I am not sure about enemies, because currently the game is quit relaxing, but I think moving enemies might break that :/

I know what you mean, but i love the terrifying emptiness and adding i dont know like one creature that haunts that planet would make it cool. maybe not the start planet but another planet. Maybe call it the Haunted planet. xD

I think enemies or differnt life forms would be great (some not hostile)...

Either using a laser mode (has to be researched) uses key 1-3 or more.

Switches into laser mode and will use power to attack such creatures or other weapons that might be more fitting?

Like a laser netting that sucks them up for more research on them?

and maybe could deal with them in other ways?

But yeah like in another thread, these monsters could be a hazard insted of aggressive (so you don't really need a weapon).

also options to be friends with them, aggressive that could be captured/researched or "disabled" through traps or other types of things.

So insted of combat some of this could be more like hunting to "defences" against "rats" or for research and such.

Edited by Freddy