Kotzuo

Simple way to get infinite energy for your base :) [not a bug]

Well, first of all u will need some tethers cuz u will need to reach the north pole and thats kind of simple, go to north (N) till u finnaly reach, then there will be more easy to create the smooth floor and put na habitat there, Always will be day, soo solar panels will do they job forever, ive tested in moon and it works fine :)

Screenshot_2.png

And why does anyone need infinite energy?   It's not like you'll be using it.

This is one of the reasons why fuel was removed from trader.. because people are trying to find the easy exploits and ruining the game in general for everyone else.

Edited by Martin

I don't see this Ruining anything..... If you don't want to do something just Grind for Research all day.... Oh Wait...Now we have to.......

2 hours ago, Martin said:

This is one of the reasons why fuel was removed from trader.. because people are trying to find the easy exploits and ruining the game in general for everyone else.

I have proposed a fix for this. If people want to waste their time maintaining a Hydrazine refinery, let them. I will be exploring in the meanwhile. :)

2 hours ago, KeeblerOrc said:

I don't see this Ruining anything..... If you don't want to do something just Grind for Research all day.... Oh Wait...Now we have to.......

You have to grind for research anyway.   Collecting is grinding.. games are all grinding to some extent.

4 hours ago, Martin said:

Creating a solar powered base at one of the poles is not even slightly similar to exploiting the trade system with massive hydrazine farms.

That's exactly what it is.   But.. it's your game.. play it how you like.   Build 50 solars on both poles.. You only need 3-4.. but go right ahead.. have fun.

Fuel condenser wasn't ruining the game for anyone either.. yet it was nerfed and eventually removed from trading.  Because of a few.. I expect you'll soon see solars producing half power or being limited in some other way.. or planets, won't have poles but will rotate erratically.  So that days are far shorter than nights..

All so someone could have everything, instead of making do with something.

Edited by Martin

8 hours ago, Martin said:

It does not ruin anything

It is just another 'martin' post telling others how to play the game. 
The troll is back.
Can't we PLEASE have an ignore option. For the love of God give us the ignore option, please!

You have an ignore option.  You are just incapable of using it and prefer to run around making false accusations and petty insults to anyone you don't like.

To permenantly ignore me.  Mouse over my name, wait for popup, select ignore user.  Sorted.  Now go away and bother me no more.

Edited by Martin

I want Hydrazine trading back.  I promise it won't ruin anyone else's game - they can play however they want.  I want to build large bases, and they can explore their asses off if they prefer..

The new research system kinda sucks.  I've opened over 30 crates on Terran and Exotic and I still don't have a small generator.  I have lots of prints I don't care about yet, but until I get a small generator, nighttime sucks. I got the spaceship, crane, and drill head way too early, and don't even have small storage panels yet.  This really takes the fun out of the progression, since you do a ton a grinding and never get incremental improvements that you can use to gradually make the grinding easier.  Instead, you end up with a hole in the ground containing resources from endless crates that wouldn't cough up any research.

Instead of stretching out the existing progression path to make the game last longer, how about a stargate to a whole new solar system with bigger/badder toys to build and play with?  You can create a new progression path with the new toys in the new location.

I think the Little Astroneer should start the game with an Organic Generator or at the least be the first tech he gets....

16 minutes ago, spinlock_1977 said:

I have lots of prints I don't care about yet, but until I get a small generator, nighttime sucks.

9 minutes ago, KeeblerOrc said:

I think the Little Astroneer should start the game with an Organic Generator or at the least be the first tech he gets....

Agreed on both counts. Coming from a Minecraft Feed The Beast perspective, you should start mining fuel first before you learn to harness the sun. Start the Astroneer with a single Solar panel to do with as they please (backpack, base, or vehicle) and make them research for the recipe.

The recipe for Solar should also be changed. I am thinking Copper (since there is no silicon resource). Otherwise, I can just farm Compound and Resin, which are quite plentiful from regenerating nodes on the planet surface, and create a solar farm within a few minutes of landing.

Edit - Oh yeah, Hydrazine should be able to be burned by the generator for power.

Edited by Nuinethir

Actually, energy is essential for base, if I want to explore more underground just build tethers and go there, I don't need to worry about energy, and this not ruined my game, if they want to make something more realistic just add an angle of rotation in planets, in astroneer (last patch) we got all technologies just in Terran, and in this patch we even get all technologies visiting all planets (I have a lot of hours in this new patch and I don't have all technologies) and they don't know how to balance that, they want us to explore but all planets look like the same with different colors and sizes, actually, there r just a few different, like exotic that the ground is weird, but nothing more to explore, discover new things, something is missed. For me this research system doesn't work, it will be much more fun if "Artifacts" did not exist, why? Because they don't make sense, you "Research" a random thing and you discover how to build a spaceship (wtf), it would be better if the things that we want to research was wreckage in different planets with different technologies (not random) like, the radiation planet has a lot of lithium, titanium, astronium, soo, we need to find the wreckage of crane (it will much more common to find in Radiation than Terran) and we carry that wreckage and leave in Research Module then we will know how to build one. (Srry if in this text have some grammar mistakes)

Yeh would be nice to see like a wrecked buggy or something, with a solar panel on it and or a small storage, that you can pluck off and use yourself.. and other ways of getting research, like the satillite mini game.. not just from researching weird looking things.  Also maybe alien structures with some random tech in them, some hidden away underground base.. and so forth.

I'd like to see seeds under all plants and in all trees again, but this time, let them give randomly nothing at all.  Or some lower end resource, maybe even just organic.  Make all seeds give 1 research per type and then just organic.. make all rocks give 1 research then only copper or aluminium.. all spaceship pods 1 research then only titanium or lithium.. and so on.

Edited by Martin

4 hours ago, Martin said:

Yeh would be nice to see like a wrecked buggy or something, with a solar panel on it and or a small storage, that you can pluck off and use yourself.. and other ways of getting research, like the satillite mini game.. not just from researching weird looking things.  Also maybe alien structures with some random tech in them, some hidden away underground base.. and so forth.

I'd like to see seeds under all plants and in all trees again, but this time, let them give randomly nothing at all.  Or some lower end resource, maybe even just organic.  Make all seeds give 1 research per type and then just organic.. make all rocks give 1 research then only copper or aluminium.. all spaceship pods 1 research then only titanium or lithium.. and so on.

Yeh...Most of what He said!

4 hours ago, Kotzuo said:

Actually, energy is essential for base, if I want to explore more underground just build tethers and go there, I don't need to worry about energy, and this not ruined my game, if they want to make something more realistic just add an angle of rotation in planets, in astroneer (last patch) we got all technologies just in Terran, and in this patch we even get all technologies visiting all planets (I have a lot of hours in this new patch and I don't have all technologies) and they don't know how to balance that, they want us to explore but all planets look like the same with different colors and sizes, actually, there r just a few different, like exotic that the ground is weird, but nothing more to explore, discover new things, something is missed. For me this research system doesn't work, it will be much more fun if "Artifacts" did not exist, why? Because they don't make sense, you "Research" a random thing and you discover how to build a spaceship (wtf), it would be better if the things that we want to research was wreckage in different planets with different technologies (not random) like, the radiation planet has a lot of lithium, titanium, astronium, soo, we need to find the wreckage of crane (it will much more common to find in Radiation than Terran) and we carry that wreckage and leave in Research Module then we will know how to build one. (Srry if in this text have some grammar mistakes)

+1

Arr,  went south rather than north. I think I have to deal with it now *g*

One day there may be weather conditions, so north/south pole could be inhospitable and therefore difficult to live in. Until then, this sound like a reasonable solution for energy.

On 2017-5-28 at 1:04 PM, CodeIsBroken said:

One day there may be weather conditions, so north/south pole could be inhospitable and therefore difficult to live in. Until then, this sound like a reasonable solution for energy.

This would be cool and, like i said, puting some angle of rotation on planets would solve this "problem" too

Well, the suggestions sound good. I can understand why the dev team did it as it is a the moment (even if not physically correct: the planets orbit seem to be a bit "off" with respect to the sun. That's why you have always sun on one pole, and night on the other side. A tilt in the rotation axis (as the earth has) would be cool and you would get some seasonality. But not all planets should have a tilt as it is in reality.  

20 hours ago, reto said:

Well, the suggestions sound good. I can understand why the dev team did it as it is a the moment (even if not physically correct: the planets orbit seem to be a bit "off" with respect to the sun. That's why you have always sun on one pole, and night on the other side. A tilt in the rotation axis (as the earth has) would be cool and you would get some seasonality. But not all planets should have a tilt as it is in reality.  

It would be cool if terran had season!

On 5/30/2017 at 1:52 PM, reto said:

Just for folks that are interested, scroll down to the chart of axial tilt for our solar system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_tilt