Sign in to follow this  
Ohmanohman

Lost save

Lost maybe 10 hours of work on a save. Yes I entered the pod to save before exiting, and many times entered the rover which supposedly saves as well. I was on the second planet (possibly moon) when I lost it and am back on first one where my rover is half built. Xbox one

Edited by Ohmanohman

21 hours ago, Ohmanohman said:

Lost maybe 10 hours of work on a save. Yes I entered the pod to save before exiting, and many times entered the rover which supposedly saves as well. I was on the second planet (possibly moon) when I lost it and am back on first one where my rover is half built. Xbox one

on several occasions this has happen to me, almost every other day if not every day my game save disappears. sometimes they reappear only to have the current game save to disappear. so i made three game saves, but only worked on the number two game save for about two days now, and guess what happen on the third day, lol game saves one and three have disappeared. it's hard to realy do anything with the game saves comming an going. hope they fix this soon

additional note: have uninstalled the game, rebooted the console, installed the game. game saves one and three have returned. hummm

Summary:

- Game Save File NOT Updated

Description: 

"Save" not Saved on about 7-8 occasions during a day-long play session.

Platform:

XBox One

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

"Xbox One"

-------------------------------------------------------

Running Offline. Playing whole day off/on with the same session (ie Game never Quit). Returned back to main Pod each time to save on several occasions assuming all was saved (also used Start to call up menu, although that doesnt pause game). Finally exited game (after about 8 hrs) and when came to Load back in, it was the Original Initial Save I used from the beginning of the session.

When you say "offline" do you mean you were "appearing offline" so others could not see you were online? I cannot play Astroneer unless I'm online (meaning, I'm connected to the Internet to play). I often am in "offline mode" to appear offline, if I don't want others to disturb me for various reasons but that's different than being offline as in not connected to Internet. Just checking...