boates

Giant Solar Panel Base!

Found a massive scrap solar panel, and pushed it back to my base!

I was able to hook it up with a car.

20170415021428_1.thumb.jpg.88747ebc1782a6549385b3107ac174b1.jpg

Tons of power!

20170415022116_1.jpg

On 4/15/2017 at 9:10 PM, SophisticatedDonkey said:

Yea you need a winch and a rover and preferably a truck to pull it over to your base (with winch) or just build your base over to where it is and connect it with a rover.

And once you get it to your base be prepared to have to reconnect it every time you drive up to your base.  They like to bounce.

On 19/04/2017 at 4:59 AM, Bluebehir said:

I could never get a winch to work. Guess I'm doing something wrong...

Winch - Place on rear of truck, think of it more as a tow rope.

Select the Hook/arrow with cursor, you'll be holding it.  Now aim it at what you want to drag.  And fire it.  It'll stick into the object.

Now for the fun part.. if the objects physics are greater than the vehicle pulling, the vehicle will be pulled back to it.  But if you drive the vehicle away, it should drag the object behind it, winch is more effectively using a truck, but a buggy will work.

To unhook it, just click the winch and it should deselect the object and return to the winch.

14 hours ago, Martin said:

Winch - Place on rear of truck, think of it more as a tow rope.

Select the Hook/arrow with cursor, you'll be holding it.  Now aim it at what you want to drag.  And fire it.  It'll stick into the object.

Now for the fun part.. if the objects physics are greater than the vehicle pulling, the vehicle will be pulled back to it.  But if you drive the vehicle away, it should drag the object behind it, winch is more effectively using a truck, but a buggy will work.

To unhook it, just click the winch and it should deselect the object and return to the winch.

Wow Mr. Martin you've got a lot of opinions to put out there don't chya 

Patch 158, Steam, Win7

I put it on my base too, but can't connect it through a rover. Rover can either connects to the the panel either to the base. Rover is right near the base modules but connection tube does not appear. 

Solution: connection through 2 rovers (SP-rover-rover-base) is ok.

What the....?