pet mi

THIS GAME IS DEAD

i been away some weeks waiting for content and nothing happened, no patchs,  and steam dont let me refund this game, syste era devs just pick up our money and do nothing to improve this 'game''(no even a game) bye lost my worked money

Just a few hours ago Adam finished his stream where he showed off what comes in the update next week. It seems you missed it, so let me link it for you: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135145618

And while I understand your concern about the slow progress of Astroneer, please do not assume it's "dead" just because it's not going the way you expected. Let's be fair, System Era is made out of humans, too. Moving to the new office, Jacob left the team, the hiring of new people and a very unfortunate event regarding one of their co-founders and friend. Those things contribute(d) to the delays a lot. But as everything progresses, it'll go straight to 100% development speed again. Just be a little bit patient. Early Access games aren't the type of games that go on sale with all their content available right away. ^_^ 

1 minute ago, Wyvyrias said:

Just a few hours ago Adam finished his stream where he showed off what comes in the update next week. It seems you missed it, so let me link it for you: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135145618

And while I understand your concern about the slow progress of Astroneer, please do not assume it's "dead" just because it's not going the way you expected. Let's be fair, System Era is made out of humans, too. Moving to the new office, Jacob left the team, the hiring of new people and a very unfortunate event regarding one of their co-founders and friend. Those things contribute(d) to the delays a lot. But as everything progresses, it'll go straight to 100% development speed again. Just be a little bit patient. Early Access games aren't the type of games that go on sale with all their content available right away. ^_^ 

GIVE MY MONEY BACK NOWWWW

7 hours ago, pet mi said:

i been away some weeks waiting for content and nothing happened, no patchs,  and steam dont let me refund this game, syste era devs just pick up our money and do nothing to improve this 'game''(no even a game) bye lost my worked money

It's really not that dead, I was just on the devstream too, and we had a lot of fun interacting with Adam, He's been showing all of the cool stuff he's preparing for the next week's update, Maybe if you wait it out like every other early access title, You'll get what you wish for, 

7 hours ago, pet mi said:

better play stardew or subnautica (system era fan boys ll be ignored)

Well, stardew took 2 year, and subnautica took at least 3 year in development, and they're still coming up with new content, Astroneer did come out earlier this year, but they did offer the best experience anyone can have for now. The team is still growing as ses is hiring more and more people to the team, Once they stabilize, the updates will come smoothly.

LMAO

Who's this joker asking his money back?

This game is easily worth 20€.

/cheer devs

yeah i wish i could refund this game as well the game looked good but super boring 10 hours in if it wasn't for the constant crashing in the beginning my refund would be  thru now sad how this type of game is bleaching EA titles to be all money grabs x( some EA titles is really worth it but this is not  

Honestly I gave this game a long break after the first few updates myself. Yet you won't find me clamoring to get refunded. Do you know why? Because I'd just end up buying it again anyways! Its very likely the game would be more expensive as well. So I'll stick with my guns on this one and take my part in watching this game florish, thank you very much. I still stand by my analogy from a few months ago, that we get to take part in the infancy stages and beyond.

So by all means, take your money back. Just don't come crying that you missed out, or that the game's price went up, or that your opinions weren't heard. For me, this is about as good of a space exploration game as we are going to get here on Xbox. So I appreciate it, even if I've only sank 80+ hours into the game. Which is well worth the $20 I spent on it.

5 hours ago, Uys88 said:

yeah i wish i could refund this game as well the game looked good but super boring 10 hours in if it wasn't for the constant crashing in the beginning my refund would be  thru now sad how this type of game is bleaching EA titles to be all money grabs x( some EA titles is really worth it but this is not  

Read what Wyvyrias posted above and go watch the video.... And anyway, 20 bucks for 10hr's entertainment is still good value, it would cost you that much and more for a night at the movies, for maybe 2hrs of entertainment.

I have about 300 hours into it and i'm still finding new and different ways of playing in the sandbox. It's keeping me interested as I wait for the updates.

I have 92 hours in, I knew it was (early access)pre alpha,  Happy so far and sticking with it, quality takes time and also being allowed to play with new things as they arrive fills my expectation of an early access game -  HAPPY :)

I can see why you may be frustrated about this, but remember the devs are working very hard and care about the game, I also would like to point out that the game got 9/10 ratings which means they are doing something right.  I have been playing this game for two months and I can see that they are slowly updating the game and it will eventually be amazing. Patience is my anwser to frustration. 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:30 PM, pet mi said:

As I'm sure many will point out, this game is in pre-alpha. It's going to take months to years to finish. It's a proof of concept and interest. Even big title games take a long time to develop, they just don't release them early, as their stock would be affected by every single negative comment about them. I've been playing this game off and on from day one, and it's exciting to get updates that enhance the game. But as Wyvyrias pointed out, they've moved, one of their team died, and life gets in the way. Setbacks, funding, development problems, these things happen.

I agree, it can be frustrating when nothing seems to come out as quick as you'd like for something you're passionate about, but on the flipside, check the forum every few days, check the livestreams and when all else fails, pick up a game you haven't finished. Or start a new one. I still pop on occasionally to remind myself of the massive potential this game holds, and the thrill of what it will be when it's done. Until updates come, I play other games. It's not a bash against the devs, they're working as hard as they can on what is their dream. They don't have all the resources of EA, BioWare, Bethesda, or any of the other publishers. They're independent. Which means they're pouring everything they can into making a great game, and they listen to the people playing, which is more than the big guys do with their focus groups, so in a way, we're all working to make the game better everyday.

Hopefully this wasn't too long or ranting, but it is all about patience. We're all waiting on bated breath to see what's next for Astroneer, and as they say, the future is bright. Keep the faith, updates and patches will come when they're ready.

Edited by luckyshepp

If I could delete this thread I would. A game in early pre-release development shouldn't suffer destructive, toxic commentary such as this.

The developers have offered us a privilege to work with them to develop this game, not to hand-hold people and being held ransom by unreasonable demands.

I love this game and, as did everyone , I knew when I paid that I was getting an unfinished game without a defined development schedule. And fully appreciate that it may take awhile before things shape up the way the devs want. I'm happy to suppport them in the mean time.

Edited by travin

I've put almost 80 hours into this game as well. I spent my recovery after surgery building a tunnel network through the moon. I did all that and the game is nowhere near being done. A tunnel. Through the moon. Patience is a virtue.

15 hours ago, travin said:

If I could delete this thread I would. A game in early pre-release development shouldn't suffer destructive, toxic commentary such as this.

The developers have offered us a privilege to work with them to develop this game, not to hand-hold people and being held ransom by unreasonable demands.

I love this game and, as did everyone , I knew when I paid that I was getting an unfinished game without a defined development schedule. And fully appreciate that it may take awhile before things shape up the way the devs want. I'm happy to suppport them in the mean time.

I wouldnt delete this thread, open forum - people can say what they need too,  you and i can disagree with them, but some people just dont want to wait - they want it NOW.  I am in for the long haul :)

27 minutes ago, SpiderguyShane said:

I've put almost 80 hours into this game as well. I spent my recovery after surgery building a tunnel network through the moon. I did all that and the game is nowhere near being done. A tunnel. Through the moon. Patience is a virtue.

see above :)

another friday, saturday and ZERO new content, next week I ll post here again,  I dont want apologises or arguments, only a new content patch, bye till next week, (playing\testing since 2016\ dec, nothing left to test right now)

Edited by petermileo

Hey petermileo, this is Adam from the dev team. If you've any questions about how games are made, I'd love to answer them. The following isn't an excuse (as I don't feel the need to make any). It is, however, some information I hope you can chew on to better understand how things go with game development and hopefully use it to manage your expectations.  

I've been doing this now for 12+ years and can tell you unequivocally : Content takes a VERY long time to make, especially to make it feel substantial and worth your bandwidth to download. And that is only if you focus solely on said content. But then if you do that, you ignore bugs, optimizations, and making the experience more stable for everyone playing. Our team only recently became 8 people in size. Most of what you're playing was developed by 5-6 people. So when we have to focus on content, bugs, performance, and stability things tend to go a little slower so we hit everything that is of priority. Patches happened so soon after launch because we focused solely on bug fixes and priority performance. Those tend to go a lot faster. 

Substantial gameplay content, however, takes time.

It takes a lot of time.

And it takes a lot of time even when you have a lot of people.

We are not a lot of people but we're aiming to deliver gameplay updates substantial enough to better illustrate the kind of game Astroneer will become. And I think "the kind of game Astroneer will become" is the most significant thing I could ask you to better understand. This is a slow process. And now, with your early access purchase, it is one you're now apart of. You've decided to support our game while its pre-alpha AND early access, something not a lot of people would normally do. For that, we're incredibly thankful. We just hope that with some understanding of the process of game development you'll be able to continue to support us even when theres 'Fridays and Saturdays' that go by without an update released. I'm devoting my life to this game, its far from dead and will only continue to get better. People like yourselves who support it will ensure that.

I'm going to close this thread for now as I hope this helps many people who might feel the same as you. However, if you're not satisfied with this response or really do want to learn more about the process of game development, email me personally --> adam(at)systemera.net

Adam