Skully

MASSIVE SPACESHIP

tumblr_n0qeynKbO31tre0g4o1_500.gif.30b6d33da050ddbff0f93fcd49ceadd7.gif

A massive spaceship. like,  BIGGER THAN THIS FONT massive. maybe about a little bigger than the space station.

not so big that it crashes the whole game, but it can dock one other small shuttle and must always stay in orbit (uses shuttle for landing on planet)

you can walk around in the inside when not piloting the ship, can carry prreetttyyy large amounts of ore, like maybe 4 storage worth of ore, and maybe can carry a rover in the hold that can be rocket podded down to the planet it is orbiting ( i mean, its the future, anything is possible)

I feel like interiors is a direction the game should definitely explore, and with that your suggestion would be easily achievable. I wish someone from 2018 would tell us how the game looks then :D

9 hours ago, swatsqad said:

I feel like interiors is a direction the game should definitely explore, and with that your suggestion would be easily achievable.

the size is no problem, because it only needs to be a bit bigger than the space station.

9 hours ago, swatsqad said:

I wish someone from 2018 would tell us how the game looks then :D

same here :D 

I'm definitely loving this idea. I love interiors in games. Astroneer DID have a small bit of interior before the game was released. You can see photos of this on astroneer.space website.

I love this idea though.

Definitely got my vote. Some users have suggested other solar systems you can visit, with different planets. Well, this could be how you get to said solar systems. Would need A LOT of hydrazine fuel, for an interstellar flight like that.

if they make it so that you build the ship in stages, then there is the option for customising the overall design. Start with the flight deck or cockpit, then build each part as you want it. Want to be able to transport more than one Shuttle or Rover? Build extra landing bays and storage bays. Want to go longer before refuelling? Build bigger and/or more fuel tanks. Etc.

7 minutes ago, Ghostwolf93 said:

Would need A LOT of hydrazine fuel, for an interstellar flight like that.

like this much?

b82EUTW.thumb.jpg.6f00dae545e8da7376031e212c97944f.jpg

or, idea on idea, making bigger fuel bottles just for said spaceship O.o 

Edited by Skully
disclaimer: not my photo ;)

I agree this would be lots of fun to visit other solar systems. It would be cool if the ship was so big you couldn't even build it on the planet. You have to build it module by module and take each one to space on a shuttle. Once in space you could begin assembling the ship together. Modular concept would be cool, so you could put different engines like ion drives instead of hydrazine if you want. You should have to accommodate a hanger that holds a shuttle, so when you visit other planets you have a landing craft.

I think this opens the door to starting a trade empire as well. You could show up to your neighbors with ridiculous amounts of goods and start trading and getting rich.

On 4/11/2017 at 11:10 PM, mikebgator said:

I agree this would be lots of fun to visit other solar systems

"We are emerging from hyperspace" 

Edited by Skully

12 hours ago, Fluxi said:

Or u can expand the spaceship

thank you for all those specifics

On 11/04/2017 at 10:35 AM, Skully said:

like this much?

b82EUTW.thumb.jpg.6f00dae545e8da7376031e212c97944f.jpg

or, idea on idea, making bigger fuel bottles just for said spaceship O.o 

Wow, bet that took a while to produce all that. Well done! I guess you wouldn't be needing to use the Fuel Condenser on that save game for a while...

On 4/21/2017 at 0:58 AM, Ghostwolf93 said:

Wow, bet that took a while to produce all that

same! O.o 

On 4/21/2017 at 0:58 AM, Ghostwolf93 said:

Well done!

actually, it isn't my photo, so i cant really take any credit

Producing fuel doesn't take that long if you have enough power.  That screen shot could have taken less than 20 mins if done right.

19 hours ago, Nargg said:

Producing fuel doesn't take that long if you have enough power.  That screen shot could have taken less than 20 mins if done right.

but it would take a long time to get that much power.

did some quick calculations and you need about 68 full bars of power for that much fuel.

to conclude, you need a lot of power.