crsunlimited

Health bar, and why am I dying of poisoned air?

So this suggestion is 2 in one as it was brought up when running into those flowers that spew green gas and me not dying on some occasions, but getting killed within seconds on others.  1st we need a health bar so we can see when the green gas is about to kill us.  2nd Why are we dying of poison gas?   We are in a sealed space suit, and breathing a confined amount of oxygen.  How is this getting in?

1. There already is a "health bar" in the game which is signaled by the reddish border, although health bar have been suggested many time, I should note that astroneer is very reluctant when It comes to adding more UI elements.
  2. It's not poison, It's acid

crsunlimited, after you learn to deal with them they're really no big deal.  Keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it.

And yeah what Lithium said... it's acid.

While there is that vignette that comes up, I really do agree that there needs to be some sort of visible health bar. Right on the backpack would look good.

A health bar, or some kind of health indicator would be nice. Make it optional for folks who hate it :)

PS Lithium, how is this (or you know, some high res render) not your avatar?

Lithium_stack.jpg

590d3d1495ad9_Gasbar.png.094698c72f8938d187f8edac75ab63e6.png

If you really wanted more of a indicator for the acid/poison, maybe a green bar grows over. When it hits the end, you die...

That's just an Idea.... 

I apologize to those who don't like people correcting them but, poison isn't a gas and neither is acid. Although, there is such thing as an acid gas. So, I guess you could call it "acid gas".

Edited by Xanderbell

51 minutes ago, Xanderbell said:

I apologize to those who don't like people correcting them but, poison isn't a gas

Actually, before the practice of lethal injection was adopted, criminals receiving the death sentence were executed using a device called a gas chamber.  Poison gas was used a weapon in World War One.  Poison gas was used in the Nazi death camps of World War Two. 

4 hours ago, Xanderbell said:

I apologize to those who don't like people correcting them but, poison isn't a gas and neither is acid. Although, there is such thing as an acid gas. So, I guess you could call it "acid gas".

I apologize to those who don't like people correcting them but, there is this thing called "common terms", and within the concept of " Language and Communication" its technically a rhetorical speech so it's fine as long as people understand what hes talking about.

4 hours ago, Xanderbell said:

Did you seriously say this?  What's your source?

Poison gas: http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/germans-introduce-poison-gas

Acid gas: https://www.petropedia.com/definition/88/acid-gas

The correct definition IS poison, as venom needs to be injected into the bloodstream, and yes, poison gas (chlorine gas, which is also GREEN in color when a gas) does exist. Chlorine gas destroys cell membranes, destroys some types of metals and organic compounds, and binds to hemoglobin much better than oxygen.

this is more of an argument than a topic because of one thing someone said

(captain obvious saves the day again)

Edited by Skully

I didn't mean to cause any arguement. I'm probably wrong. If so, just tell me I'm wrong, prove it, and get on with life. Obviously, I've been proved wrong. I'll accept that. 

Edited by Xanderbell