Goga377

Animals

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

f93c2fd6af95b56a7d6bcba27eec3816.thumb.jpg.5edc83c79629c46ce6efb71e72b8155e.jpgI Suggest adding animals to add beauty to the world of Astroneer !!!

For example as from the game Spore!!!
Edited by Goga377

You could have chosen a better screenshot from spore bud, instead you post this grotesque abomination.

6 hours ago, Goga377 said:

images.jpg.59b2d09057a661d4ebc8771c737d6106.jpg

ūüĎĆBetter

Now that something I'd love to see in the game

4 hours ago, Lithium said:

ūüĎĆBetter

Now that something I'd love to see in the game

same

p.s. nice new photo lithium

Animals would make the planets feel alive,they can spawn just out of sight. You dont need to be able to shoot them, but if you were able, maybe make it that your terrain gun can be modded to do area damage of elements, like spray fire or squirt water or spit boulders. This you can use to fight mobs and as for npc, just giving a feeling that this is a full functional, different planet you visiting and not another you alone game. Animals can even be a pain at times, as they steal anything that isnt in a socket. Just an idea. 

Sinceramente,  creo que es mala idea la atmósfera desolada de Astroneer tiene algo que te atrapa, es muy bello para mi... :D

Like the idea of flying glowing jellyfish above the surface of the planet! 

I thought about animals yesterday as well. What came in my mind were some kind of mountain goats with long twisted horns, long hair, and a very compact body walking around in smaller groups. Why compact? Well, they have to survive sand storms and flying rocks as well :). From a game developers point of view: it might be quite difficult to teach them  not to fall in the first sinkhole they walk along and get lost in the caves ;).

would be interesting to have a big goofy beetle that tumbles around and rolls a research pod like a dung ball. less common furry, hairy land animals and more stuff like insects or marine life. 

some robots as citizen of planet may be also cool and also robot dog like pet (that idea was  already)

15280915_Alt01.jpg

Jenx-the-Robot-Dog-Voice-Recognition-Interactive-Puppy-e1478900205506.jpg

What I've always wanted in astroneer is the ability to find a girl astronaut and then be able to have baby astronauts, it would adorable.

Image result for astroneer character girl

On 4/19/2017 at 1:00 PM, ImmortalHD1 said:

What I've always wanted in astroneer is the ability to find a girl astronaut and then be able to have baby astronauts, it would adorable.

Image result for astroneer character girl

ahhh, i see. a random girl who is on a far away planet with nothing but her panties. who is willing to make babies with you. very logical.

11 hours ago, Skully said:

ahhh, i see. a random girl who is on a far away planet with nothing but her panties. who is willing to make babies with you. very logical.

Never said it had to be sexual :$

12 hours ago, ImmortalHD1 said:

So how do you reproduce? asexually? mitosis? or by spreading your spore in a heavily populated area?

33 minutes ago, Lithium said:

So how do you reproduce? asexually? mitosis? or by spreading your spore in a heavily populated area?

Forget what I said -_-

17 hours ago, ImmortalHD1 said:

Forget what I said -_-

no no no, don't. I like the idea of being able to have children, but i just didn't understand how the human girl with no space suit got there.

On 4/21/2017 at 7:10 AM, ImmortalHD1 said:

well, it has to be sexual put it can still be kept PG. lots of games manage it, e.g fallout shelter (yes, i just referenced a tablet game)

Fallout-Shelter-Making-A-Baby-Guide.jpg.60e5d3fb040f77f2a77c8d4f426c6f26.jpg

so i think its a good idea, i just didn't understand how the girl got there.

my suggestion on finding the girl/boy (depends on original characters gender) is that you find a unconscious astroneer of the opposite gender at a crash site, become friends then lovers, and have kids! Ta da!

This kinda went from "animals/fauna" to "reproduction". Let's stay with the initial topic. :P
If anything the reproduction of animals is fine. Among Astroneers...well, that's not going to happen for sure.

16 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

This kinda went from "animals/fauna" to "reproduction". Let's stay with the initial topic. :P
If anything the reproduction of animals is fine. Among Astroneers...well, that's not going to happen for sure.

Lmao, sorry about that.