Coming Soon: Terrain Analysis


Recommended Posts

"Our next gameplay update focuses on Terrain and Terrain Analysis. A baby step towards a bigger feature. Terrain will have multiple properties to analyze, starting with color/type."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. So you'll be able to replicate colours and types of terrain where you want to. The icon above the tool reticule showed the angle deformation will take place at, which hints at more control over direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, time_trial said:

Interesting. So you'll be able to replicate colours and types of terrain where you want to. The icon above the tool reticule showed the angle deformation will take place at, which hints at more control over direction.

That's what I thought was what I was seeing.

I wonder if at least a part of its bigger feature might be towards prospecting, seeing what minerals might be near without having to deform the entire landscape looking for what's underground and not poking above the surface.

The angle icon is definitely going to be super appreciated, to be sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hype. Love how they so obviously go in the direction of expanding the creativity potential rather than static ideas, but at the same time not sure if this will be enough to get on the steam frontpage again, I think there will be many more minor improvements and additions, so when this rolls out, make sure to update or post, if you haven't already, a positive(:p) review to help support the devs in these dark shitty times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

so does this mean you will be able to "store" a perfectly flat surface and recreate it somewhere else? cause if so, that's epic, and if not, i hope it's not too far down the roadmap :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mak-a-Face said:

Wow... This is as exciting as the dynamite video was! Yawn.....

Let's cut SES some slack... it's their first attempt at an April Fools joke.  I bet next year they'll come up with something better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pi_ said:

Let's cut SES some slack... it's their first attempt at an April Fools joke.  I bet next year they'll come up with something better.

This isn't really a joke, they said so in the facebook post ;p And I think it's quite cool for what it is

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 11:16 AM, swatsqad said:

...make sure to update or post, if you haven't already, a positive(:p) review to help support the devs in these dark shitty times.

/agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pi_ said:

Let's cut SES some slack... it's their first attempt at an April Fools joke.  I bet next year they'll come up with something better.

58e2834e6f636_ScreenShot2017-04-04at12_15_15AM.png.42b66e8116b98577d38b4a0db6fc86b8.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I would rather see work on firming up the weaknesses like the 'falling through the ground' problem, the almost useless crane,  and the terrible MP world sync issues. If they spend a couple of months doing THAT and minimize new features, I'm good with it. The road to failure would be to keep piling features on a broken foundation and never having a game that works properly. Technical debt builds very fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our next content update - which will be the largest 'gameplay content' update we've shipped so far, is aiming to release next week. It'll also include some stability and performance updates. Now that our team is growing, we can work on all areas of the game more effectively. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

Our next content update - which will be the largest 'gameplay content' update we've shipped so far, is aiming to release next week. It'll also include some stability and performance updates. Now that our team is growing, we can work on all areas of the game more effectively. 

Nice! People are pretty hyped :D

Also, consider releasing the experimental build for the "really hungry" fans - like you've briefly talked about in the stream :P 

 

I mean just in case there is a game breaking bug on a fair share of system configurations... Might be the best way to avoid that after such a long delay? Free QA is decent QA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like my prediction is still in line! Awesome! Not super stoked about the terrain tool stuff. Personally, I still think there are some major aspects missing from the game. While I have managed 80+ hours of play time, there just really isn't much interest in putting anymore time in... Which is sad coming from me. Nevertheless when the update drops, I'll put an hour or 2 in for the terrain tool features. But I'm just excited to see what other things will be added.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.