Eject Module from Larger Platform

Mak-a-Face

On planets like Arid or Radiated, I sometime find it hard to locate resin to build large platforms so I was thinking that it would be neat if you could eject the current module on top and build something else.

Have a little button on the back of the large platform so you could press to eject it into SPACE.  ;)

Ejl5JiZ.jpg

15 hours ago, Skully said:

better idea. blow it up. with dynamite.

The whole point of decommissioning or ejecting the module is to save the large platform (that's the bottom section), not blow it up. If you think you can remove it without blowing the whole thing up then please test your theory.

20 hours ago, Mak-a-Face said:

The whole point of decommissioning or ejecting the module is to save the large platform (that's the bottom section), not blow it up. If you think you can remove it without blowing the whole thing up then please test your theory.

blowing up the whole platform and rebuilding it will only cost you 2 resin. just. 2. resin.

5 hours ago, Skully said:

blowing up the whole platform and rebuilding it will only cost you 2 resin. just. 2. resin.

The point isn't about the rebuilding cost. Personally, every time I've blown up a Tier 3 module, either because the platform sunk into the ground/air or it becomes glitched (like the refinery with incomplete resources stuck on it), then the channel that the Tier 3 module was connected to becomes unusable. Sometimes forcing us to move the module somewhere else unfavorable because the Tier 2 module will not have a new channel to connect to. It just shows the old Tier 3 channel still on the Tier 2 widget that is unclickable.

deadchannel.png

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, DaveJK said:

The point isn't about the rebuilding cost. Personally, every time I've blown up a Tier 3 module, either because the platform sunk into the ground/air or it becomes glitched (like the refinery with incomplete resources stuck on it), then the channel that the Tier 3 module was connected to becomes unusable. Sometimes forcing us to move the module somewhere else unfavorable because the Tier 2 module will not have a new channel to connect to. It just shows the old Tier 3 channel still on the Tier 2 widget that is unclickable.

deadchannel.png

A nice thought and a valid point but that might be in their que for a later type of thing . maby after the game gets a little further in the proformance balanceing . At the second the game is still in the pre alpha faze and the balancing usally is in the alpha faze.