FACR Dwarfy

Solar Panels Not Working

I've found since update 131 that sometimes the solar panels, both large and small, won't charge anything.

Its only a sometimes thing, but they work fine after removing and replacing them.

Xbox One version

Same on the Steam version it seems to be a area of effect issue. In my experience If you are near the power source when it starts generating it will charge things but if you are more than about 2 tether lengths away OR are in a hab or vehicle when the charging starts no energy gets transmitted.  Wind turbines have the same bug. It's super annoying to be driving along in your truck with the wind vanes going full speed then come to a stop because you ran out of energy..

I haven't tried the wind vanes yet, but with the solar panels I found a work around.

if you remove them from whatever they are on, then put them back on they work fine after that, for a while at least.

I'm sure it's a minor bug that will be fixed in time though

Solar panels also seem to not be affected by direct sunlight either. Along with them periodically breaking when they shutdown, and need to be replaced when sun rises, they also stop functioning in direct sunlight and are closed.

On 4/5/2017 at 7:04 AM, FACR Dwarfy said:

I haven't tried the wind vanes yet, but with the solar panels I found a work around.

if you remove them from whatever they are on, then put them back on they work fine after that, for a while at least.

I'm sure it's a minor bug that will be fixed in time though

can confirm this workaround worked for me