Casper Lindstrom

0x80073CF9 download error

I am trying to download this on my pc. have it on xbox and love it but the xbox cant handle it.  I try to download from windows store and get the error code 0x80073CF9. I have contacted windows support but they want me to pay to do advanced troubleshooting. Which seems like a bunch of crap. The only reason I am posting here is because Astroneer is literally the only thing giving me the error code. Please help I want to play more of this great game.

Casper

Yes I did google this and youtube even. spent quite some time on the phone with Microsoft support and they do not have a clue why it will not download. They said to contact SES. I have tried everything I have found on google short of installing third party apps to fix it.  Even did a fresh windows install.

Just now, Casper Lindstrom said:

Yes I did google this and youtube even. spent quite some time on the phone with Microsoft support and they do not have a clue why it will not download. They said to contact SES. I have tried everything I have found on google short of installing third party apps to fix it.  Even did a fresh windows install.

That's quite weird! Personally I have zero experience with Windows 10 Store applications, but I'll forward that issue so a developer can take a look at it!

It's probably the redists.  Make sure you have them all installed, since you've tried reinstall, maybe check each redist, make sure you have them reinstalled as well, the 2015 one was renewed a few months back across steam, maybe with all the latest win10 updates you need to reinstall it again.  The redists, not win10.

Another check would be to reinstall windows Store as well.  If it's buggy.. might not download properly.

Edited by Martin