WhiteChocolate

Drill head should NOT require copper, something else.

Plain and simple, if I'm going to be using a drill to get at something super hard, copper isn't going to cut it. I'd also recommend that for certain items that a blend of materials are needed, e.g. a drill head should cost 3 titanium and 1 carbon. OR you could even require 4 carbon on the smelter to make 1 diamond and the drill head costs 3 titanium and 1 diamond.

(Love the game, keep up the good work!)

1 hour ago, Mechfried said:

yes, titanium should be part of the cost for the drill

Agree, i have stacks of titanium and no desire to spam O2 tanks when your have a rover and tethers to always give you O2

Yeah, overall the resources need to be re-balanced. But especially the resources needed for a drill right now are kinda silly, good catch! :D

Maybe aluminium for a poor drill, titanium for a decent drill and then a diamond tipped drill could be a big upgrade :D

1 minute ago, Nafen said:

Maybe aluminium for a poor drill, titanium for a decent drill and then a diamond tipped drill could be a big upgrade :D

What would be the difference in drills? Would the lower level ones wear out? Would better drills equal bigger excavation area? 

Bigger radius, faster drilling. Better drills would chew through rock like it was dirt for example , and through dry earth as if it were sand or something :D