Sign in to follow this  
KnoxVegas

Dedicated Servers?

Hello!

Just wanted to see if it would be a good idea to request or ask for dedicated servers.  Would love to have these so we could have a 24/7 server for our gaming community.  Was able to get about 10-15 people to join, but we can only have so many people (4) and on when I or they are hosting it.

I believe this would be an excellent option, as well as being able to customize things about the game you are hosting. Like size of the universe and planets generated. 

Also would be option to give us complete control over amount of people allowed in game, determined by power of server, and connection speed and bandwidth

1 hour ago, bambam625 said:

I believe this would be an excellent option, as well as being able to customize things about the game you are hosting. Like size of the universe and planets generated. 

Also would be option to give us complete control over amount of people allowed in game, determined by power of server, and connection speed and bandwidth

Exactly, love this game so much, and it would be amazing to have a dedicated server to allow more or less people, but to have it up and running 24/7 would be great.  Maybe even have a pause game on empty server possibly?  Idk.

If they had a $5.00/mo (USD) rental fee with the ability to have a game hosted in the cloud and access controls like password for entry etc, I would pay it. The 4 player count is fine with me, it's just a pain to have to be on for my friends to explore the world. It doesn't need to have persistent functionality, just the ability to come and go as we please without the need for the host.