I believe being able to research , builld, and customize different types of planes would add some cool gameplay options. have small transport planes, larger cargo planes, one seaters, two seaters, etc etc.

Although. the only thing that comes to mind when i think of this is:

If theres no air to breath, how would the plane fly?

Two ways past this:

Either say screw it, its a game , (there already ARE plants growing everywhere, unless they thrive off of an element that is similar to oxygen, however toxic to humans,  which could provide lift to the planes)

OR simply take traditional plane designs and replace wings and propellors with small thrusters. 

planes and other types of would nice.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:27 PM, bambam625 said:

If theres no air to breath, how would the plane fly?

... there already ARE plants growing everywhere, unless they thrive off of an element that is similar to oxygen, however toxic to humans,  which could provide lift to the planes

1. planes only need an atmosphere. it doesn't matter what the atmosphere is made of.

2. plants need carbon-dioxide, too much oxygen is bad for plants. the atmosphere of the planets probably all oxygen, but in deadly amounts or there are toxic substances in them.

1 minute ago, Mechfried said:

planes and other types of would nice.

1. planes only need an atmosphere. it doesn't matter what the atmosphere is made of.

2. plants need carbon-dioxide, too much oxygen is bad for plants. the atmosphere of the planets probably all oxygen, but in deadly amounts or there are toxic substances in them.

i suppose i derped. 

What about supply drops? That could be cool. At random intervals a supply drop spawns randomly and it has beacon attached to it so you can find it.