Lithium

High Spam Activity

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Currently spammer are getting much more rabid and insane, this is due to the fact that they found an exploit where they can avoid captcha when registering via Microsoft Account.

Mzetnhe.jpg

Any report made on individual spam account will be the most effective way to combat this since it basically sends a loud notification that straight up startles me or Wyvyrias.

Edited by Wyvyrias

2 hours ago, Lithium said:

Any report made on individual spam account will be the most effective way to combat this

Do you mean, report an individual spam post?  Because I always report the oldest post made by spam bots.  If you really did mean "individual account", I'm not aware of how to report someone's account.

Anyway, good luck with the battle!

7 hours ago, Pi_ said:

Do you mean, report an individual spam post?  Because I always report the oldest post made by spam bots.  If you really did mean "individual account", I'm not aware of how to report someone's account.

Anyway, good luck with the battle!

A single post per account (there's no option to report users, we probably should ask about that, though). We do not investigate each single of their posts, there's no need for that. They get purged with any given spam post.

Also Adam has now added a question challenge for the registration process. I doubt those spammers/spambots are capable of solving those (they're easy to google though, so legit users will have no problems), so the issue should be fixed for now. Hopefully. :ph34r:

seems that there is a huge load of spam posts in the general section in chinese, advertising some website. I dont know how to report those posts - can someone delete em? :o

2 minutes ago, suckyducky24_ said:

seems that there is a huge load of spam posts in the general section in chinese, advertising some website. I dont know how to report those posts - can someone delete em? :o

The report button should be somewhere next to the post's timestamp, and yeah, once me or wyvy become active, we'll start deleting and banning every spam and spammer. Reporting them should make the process easier.