Daroguetoaster

Fixing Microsoft Visual C++ Run-time Issue (Fixes 9/10)

Since these is an occurring problem with many users and is being answered separately on many threads, here is the fix! 

1. Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (64x).

2. Restart your PC.

3. Install the new Microsoft Visual C++ x64 here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

4. Restart your PC one last time.

These steps have helped almost every overcome this issue, save for a few special cases.

Enjoy!

@SES_Zabir

20 hours ago, Daroguetoaster said:

Since these is an occurring problem with many users and is being answered separately on many threads, here is the fix! 

2. Restart your PC.

These steps have helped almost every overcome this issue, save for a few special cases.

Enjoy!

@SES_Zabir

This is dont help me

5 minutes ago, jaysonnj said:

Win 7 X64, intel core pentium CPU G850 

After attempting the fix, does the UE4/C++ error still persist? Screenshots would help a lot.

I had error Visual Studio C++ 2015 Runtime in Windows 7 64bit. Helped me install KB2999226 patch.

And Install vc_redist.x64.exe from path: steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015

Edited by warioz

6 hours ago, warioz said:

I had error Visual Studio C++ 2015 Runtime in Windows 7 64bit. Helped me install KB2999226 patch.

And Install vc_redist.x64.exe from path: steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015

To expand on this a little bit....

If you are on Windows 7 and attempt to manually install Visual Studio yourself, you may get stuck while installing. The installer will show something like "Processing: Windows7_MSU_x64". What is happening is the installer is looking for a file created by a recent windows update.

First run Windows update and see if it updates. It may just sit there and continue searching. If after an abnormally long time it does not update, I recommend following the advice found in this article: http://plugable.com/2016/06/08/windows-7-wont-update-what-to-do/ 

The advice there helped me out immensely and I was able to successfully install Visual Studios 2015. Hope this helps anyone resolve some issues!

12 hours ago, Daroguetoaster said:

After attempting the fix, does the UE4/C++ error still persist? Screenshots would help a lot.

Here is it, I do u guide about deinstalling C++ And this is not  help

Screenshot_1.png

I had this same error.  I fixed it by doing a clean boot into windows (disabling all services on startup in msconfig) then installing the latest standalone Visual C++ installer.  Just don't forget to re enable the services and reboot afterward.

Edited by Regected
Missing information

On 12/18/2016 at 0:04 PM, Daroguetoaster said:

2. Restart your PC.

Enjoy!

@SES_Zabir

This hasn't helped me.

28 minutes ago, FixYourS#it said:

This hasn't helped me.

Jesus, why does every reply contain a quote?  I don't want to quote.

"Server execution failure" is the message I get.  My internet connection stinks, is that the problem?

6 hours ago, FixYourS#it said:

Jesus, why does every reply contain a quote?  I don't want to quote.

"Server execution failure" is the message I get.  My internet connection stinks, is that the problem?

That could very well be the problem. I have not seen any other posts dealing with a server execution error. What is your internet speed? A spotty connection to the steam server could be failing mid download, resulting in that error.

8 hours ago, FixYourS#it said:

This hasn't helped me.

Good, another pointless quote.

Just to be clear, it says "server execution failure" when I'm trying to install C++.

8 minutes ago, FixYourS#it said:

Good, another pointless quote.

Just to be clear, it says "server execution failure" when I'm trying to install C++.

Are you installing the C++ through steam while trying to install Astroneer? Or are you getting that message when going through Microsoft?

13 minutes ago, Daroguetoaster said:

Are you installing the C++ through steam while trying to install Astroneer? Or are you getting that message when going through Microsoft?

Through Microsoft.