First off sorry I have posts all over the place.  I'm just getting around to creating a dedicated thread.  I will stick all future videos in here.

So our journey follows the adventures of Astroneer McFatts and then due to unfortunate circumstances beyond his control McFatts Jr.

Day 1: Tethering

Day 2: Summiting Mt. McFatts (renamed later MtFatts.)

Day 3: Caving, Research, Wrecks and Base Building

Day 4: Maiden Rover Mission and how to ruin your base

Day 5: How to blow up your base

Day 6: The Legend of McFatts Jr. and the search for compound

Day 7: Terraforming a base

Day 8: Space Trucking

Day 9: Setting up a Co Op game

Day 10: Space Gardening

Day 11: The Trade Platform and the Fuel Condenser

Coming soon:

Shuttle building and exploring new planets

On 30.3.2017 at 9:41 AM, Mr. G said:

Day 13: Moon Research and building our first big boy spaceship

Go to the minute 8 mark.  Can anyone tell me what the heck that is???

What is what ? I dont see anything untoward ?  also when ships are full you can take the (partial) extra fuel off and leave them aside, and fit full ones, u can use the partial ones next time - go full 

it doesn't randomly select to land, Make sure your vehicle depots are far enough apart  and you can see the difference  on the land sequence, spaced out a bit

1 hour ago, tonez_4466 said:

it doesn't randomly select to land, Make sure your vehicle depots are far enough apart  and you can see the difference  on the land sequence, spaced out a bit

Thanks for clarifying, I will pay more attention on my next landing. 

19 hours ago, tonez_4466 said:

dont land on other vehicles  it causes probs later, tether you land vehicles  on another tether (ie not a vehicle bay)

I'm learning vehicles in general are a bit buggy.  Just the other day my truck (which was parked peacefully) decided to fly into the sky, separate into 100 pieces, then land again.  

On 3/30/2017 at 5:50 AM, tonez_4466 said:

dont land on other vehicles  it causes probs later, tether you land vehicles  on another tether (ie not a vehicle bay)

Heh, just today I landed on a spaceship I forgot I had built and instead of just merging as has happened before, the spaceship got pushed down underground.  I found it sitting in a tunnel just underneath sitting on its side.

I decided to heck with it and plopped a seat on it and launched. It went through the planet and into orbit.

Kinda glad it didn't get worse, but it might be better if at least landing spots by vehicle bays were set a vehicle's width away from the bay, or there was a warning that a vehicle was already parked there when you wanted to land.  I've actually started to just land at the nearest regular spot to the base to avoid coming down on something as those bubbles are very close to try to pick just one.

On 4/1/2017 at 2:53 PM, AstroSamson920 said:

Heh, just today I landed on a spaceship I forgot I had built and instead of just merging as has happened before, the spaceship got pushed down underground.  I found it sitting in a tunnel just underneath sitting on its side.

I decided to heck with it and plopped a seat on it and launched. It went through the planet and into orbit.

Kinda glad it didn't get worse, but it might be better if at least landing spots by vehicle bays were set a vehicle's width away from the bay, or there was a warning that a vehicle was already parked there when you wanted to land.  I've actually started to just land at the nearest regular spot to the base to avoid coming down on something as those bubbles are very close to try to pick just one.

I absolutely agree.  I made the mistake of trying to drive a truck into a cave.  Yup, glitched through the terrain and lost that truck for good.  

Day 15: Setting up Shop on an Arid World

1-Returned to McFatts III (Arid Planet) with a load of goodies
2-Built a printer
3-Built solar/wind power
4-Built a vehicle bay/truck
5-Wasted a good long time trying to research the crane not realizing you build it AT THE VEHICLE BAY

6-Please feel free to laugh at me and skip to the end on this one and see where I realize I've screwed up.  I didn't figure it out until after 6 or so no research netted me no new blueprints.  I realized I must have it unlocked. 

I run an after school gaming club so today I decided to enlist the help of some of my 5th grade students.  We built a ramp and then attempted to jump my base.

1-Fail
2-Fail some more
3-Ooh look flips, and more flips

10/10 would jump the base in with my students again

Day 16: Jumping the Base with the help of some of my students

PS:  They also messed up my base when I wasn't paying attention.  I deserve that, never turn your back on a 5th grader.

Day 18 Captain McFatts Jr. Log:

Day 18: Setting up shop on a radioactive world

1- Loaded up spaceship with colony setup goodies
2- Hit the ignition and took off for a radioactive world
3- Landed next to a Sarlac pit
4- Set up base with printer, battery and one solar unit
5- Jumped into the Sarlac pit

All in all a successful colony setup.  I feel that I  did a better job setting up on this planet than I did on my first Arid outpost.  

Day 19: Tundra Mission

McFatts Jr. Captain's Log:

1-Took off into orbit
2- Landed on Tundra
3- Relocated to "better" landing site
4- Went caving
5- Died
6-Setup a basic outpost

Also I found the world to be very soothing and calm.  Tundra planets have some great geology and even compound, yay!

This was a fun little world to explore, now I've only got one biome left.  Exotic. 

On 07/04/2017 at 4:43 AM, Mr. G said:

Day 19: Tundra Mission

McFatts Jr. Captain's Log:

1-Took off into orbit
2- Landed on Tundra
3- Relocated to "better" landing site
4- Went caving
5- Died
6-Setup a basic outpost

Also I found the world to be very soothing and calm.  Tundra planets have some great geology and even compound, yay!

This was a fun little world to explore, now I've only got one biome left.  Exotic. 

Tundra has many Balls on it  "the zebra ball" and more :) enjoy