Zopal

Split Screen Multiplayer

Games with split screen multiplayer are currently few and far between, and I would love to see Astroneer with at least two player split screen in the distant future. 

From what I've played already, the game is great and I'm going to love sharing the experience with my friends, and to share that experience in person would be amazing.

Obviously split screen poses challenges in terms of hardware, especially for the Xbox One, but split screen gaming is a cute niche that I'd love to see in Astroneer.

People asked for this a few times now, so I guess, considering the demand, it's only a matter of time. But it's without doubt a great feature to encourage coop gameplay! You're right about the issue with the extra stress on the hardware, though. Maybe we're lucky and get it a bit before we enter the final version in some years.

I came to the forum to ask this question of sort...I thought it was possible to play two player (up to 4). Is this not possible yet?

If it is possible...I am on XBox One...if it is possible for other players to play in my world... then how is this done?

Thanks.

And maybe I am late to the party here...maybe I am just getting it...

But is it possible that this game already is, in fact, a multiplayer... and I have just not come across anyone yet? 

On 12/20/2016 at 7:29 PM, bony_228 said:

I think this thing is only good for consoles,and let it be just for them

What about people with HTPC's, Steam Links, or TV's hooked up to their PC's alongside a monitor? 

Or do they just not have friends to play with in real life by default?

Hey, devs. Firat of all - game is amazing ! I can't stop playing it ! Bug anyway, I totally agree on this split-screen idea. Would be awesome ! We still play Minecraft together with my girlfriend, so one more similar game which we ciuld play together is amazing idea. You could limit graphical output when split-screen mode is on or think of something other, bug please, consider this idea. Thanks. Keep up the great work !

7 minutes ago, HitokiriGuille said:

I guess you mean in console platform, on computer is pointless

I swear I'm going to spend this whole thread explaining that, in fact PC's can also be connected to a TV, and can actually provide a better experience by using a dual screen setup to provide a player with a screen each from one PC. 

1 hour ago, HitokiriGuille said:

I guess you mean in console platform, on computer is pointless

its not, also the dev's would like it (mostly for console users, but could ofc have it on the PC version too)

They have NOT said there WILL be splitscreen, but they do want to make things good enough so they could make have it in the future.

Of course this will be later work and it might or might not be added.

On 19.12.2016 at 6:45 PM, wewiii said:

I came to the forum to ask this question of sort...I thought it was possible to play two player (up to 4). Is this not possible yet?

If it is possible...I am on XBox One...if it is possible for other players to play in my world... then how is this done?

Thanks.

And maybe I am late to the party here...maybe I am just getting it...

But is it possible that this game already is, in fact, a multiplayer... and I have just not come across anyone yet? 

I don't know how it is on XboxOne.

But try joining their game as there is no menu just inviting/joining will create a server.

On 16.12.2016 at 10:29 PM, Evonix said:

I thought a dev already said this would happen.

No, we just got to wait and see if it does.

+1 for couch co-op. I'd love to be able to play with my wife without needing two separate Xbox consoles...wouldn't even mind paying for two licenses.

This game deserves split screen! would love to see 4-way for Xbox, but two-way would be better than nothing! Also since all versions of the game use the same source code, I'd bet that if it was implemented in one version it would have to be added in one form or another to all versions.

I'm pretty sure that Xbox console meets all graphics and RAM requirements for a four-way split screen, but I'm not certain.

I have 4 other roommates and they have always wanted to play astroneer split screen but there is no capability for that so we do the right thing and take turns but please add split screen 

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged into new thread