CocoaSip

Unknown Research

Recommended Posts

When I am away from my home base it would be nice to be able to store these large items,  we find in caves and throughout the planet, either somewhere on my backpack or store them in an inventory. It's a pain to have to carry these large items all the way back home by hand using the mouse/controller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pain? this is actually quite fun for me, the logistics of daisy chaining while picking up and dropping the large objects, creating easier to use pathways in the caves to lubricate the whole process.

If it's really that much of a problem you can utilise the vehicle storage slots and also add a winch to the back of your vehicle to add +1 large item capacity :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it is a planned game mechanic, which purposefully makes you think of different ways of getting more of these objects back to base. I do not think we should be able to take these huge researchable objects and put them in our inventory. back of truck or rover:yes. Maybe make a way to tether them to the back of your vehicles to drag them??.. thatd be an interesting game mechanic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bambam625 said:

I believe it is a planned game mechanic, which purposefully makes you think of different ways of getting more of these objects back to base. I do not think we should be able to take these huge researchable objects and put them in our inventory. back of truck or rover:yes. Maybe make a way to tether them to the back of your vehicles to drag them??.. thatd be an interesting game mechanic.

 

There is already a way to tether a large object and that is the winch like I said :P you can attach it to a single item at a time but that's still one more item than normal.

Actually come to think of it, you could maybe attach the winch to a storage rack and then you would have more slots to place large or even small items on and take them out of a cave :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why dont we build a huge storage ball and carry it around; afterall we can magically fly objets without using energy

very great idea Nafen. By the way dont place anything to truck; or you will regret it because trucks sometimes can go to orbit.

Edited by yuno44907

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can actually carry the storage you make with the Printer on your cursor. But those storage slots cannot hold big objects unfortunately :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in my scenario I am in the purple cave on the second landing which is very low. There's no way out of this cave unless I try to build a stairway up somehow. I barely get out myself hence why we need a jet pack in these situations. I fell deep into this cave and died and have been trying to get to where I died to get my two oxygen tanks and battery pack I made.  Also the caves were a bit laggy yesterday so trying to hand carry those huge boulders are a pain for me. Glad it works out for everyone else but I'm referring to my personal experience not anyone else lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CherubimCW said:

You can load them onto a vehicle pretty easily, though that's not helpful for the ones you find in caves right now.

maybe attach a "base-balloon" too it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CocoaSip said:

Well in my scenario I am in the purple cave on the second landing which is very low. There's no way out of this cave unless I try to build a stairway up somehow. I barely get out myself hence why we need a jet pack in these situations. I fell deep into this cave and died and have been trying to get to where I died to get my two oxygen tanks and battery pack I made.  Also the caves were a bit laggy yesterday so trying to hand carry those huge boulders are a pain for me. Glad it works out for everyone else but I'm referring to my personal experience not anyone else lol  

Seems the situation is more player error rather than the game lacking in solutions..you have a crane and winch to move things out vertically but i'd suggest not going into a cave there is 'no way out' before making a 'way out' with your matter gun first :P preparedness...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nafen said:

Seems the situation is more player error rather than the game lacking in solutions..you have a crane and winch to move things out vertically but i'd suggest not going into a cave there is 'no way out' before making a 'way out' with your matter gun first :P preparedness...

Have a good day as I'm not in the mood to start drama here. Stop with the trolling already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CocoaSip said:

Have a good day as I'm not in the mood to start drama here. Stop with the trolling already.

I am not trolling and wouldn't even think of it, trolling is a waste of everybody's time especially the troll's. I'm actually giving decent suggestions. If you found yourself in a cave without an exit you have to think about what got you to that point and how you could have done things differently. It'll teach you how to exploit the mechanics of the game to make things work in your favour and this is a rewarding experience in my opinion. Learning from mistakes and thinking outside the box rather than saying that the box should just be big enough to contain all the clumsiness.

I can speak from experience as I just finished hauling these bad boys out from deep within a cave:Untitled.png

Utilising the matter gun to smooth paths for me to get out, making little storage holes in the wall of the cave at certain junctions of the cave to store all the research objects. Making sure i had a hole deep enough to store them all at the top of a ramp without them rolling back down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats wrong with using a truck with a traler? Making a ramp good enough to drive a few trucks along takes a while but thats sort of the point of the exercise, I personally have fun making roads for everything.

Edited by Evonix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Evonix said:

Whats wrong with using a truck with a traler? Making a ramp good enough to drive a few trucks along takes a while but thats sort of the point of the exercise, I personally have fun making roads for everything.

Exactly...those are the tools we've been given so why not use em. Instead people ask to just carry everything in backpack or ask for a jetpack to be added xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now