eagroke

"Circumbase" around Barren!

Finally completed it.

Gotta charge my rover pluggin in the most expensive cable ever...

Now I gotta circumpower it by the solar!

All credits to my Terran polar-based fuel supply fabric (5th screenshot)

20170322233332_1.jpg

20170323003728_1.jpg

20170323004013_1.jpg

20170323004024_1.jpg

20170323004548_1.jpg

20170323005132_1.jpg

20170323005138_1.jpg

20170323005146_1.jpg

20170323005416_1.jpg

20170323005459_1.jpg

Edited by eagroke

Lol. That's gotta be a great 24/7 fuel condensing station! How long did it take you to do that?

Well done! I was going to attempt this on Barren as well on my save where I collected a thousand resin, but each time I tried to extend my base my trucks would be flung into orbit. How many base nodes did it take to go all the way around?

On 23.03.2017 at 3:53 AM, Siav8 said:

Lol. That's gotta be a great 24/7 fuel condensing station! How long did it take you to do that?

A couple of evening plays, actually Barren isn't really very big so I guess it took more time to prepare my Terran base for it, feels like I made it so that close to the south pole it was kinda hard to select the proper landing point while orbiting, so I made another base "spaceport" on halfway to equator and transported resin from fabric by truck with trailer.

On 23.03.2017 at 8:52 AM, time_trial said:

Well done! I was going to attempt this on Barren as well on my save where I collected a thousand resin, but each time I tried to extend my base my trucks would be flung into orbit. How many base nodes did it take to go all the way around?

Gotta return to Barren and count'em all! I will post the result a bit later! but keep in mind this is not a very straight line, even if I tried to make it so.

21 hours ago, Richy said:

Awesome! But what's the frame rate like with that?

Still very playable! it lags just a bit when you connect to this line to refill oxygen or draw some power but it's still much better than 0.115 performance ever was. Actually 0.131 is the first patch which performance allowed me to accomplish that mission I've been planning long time ago.

17 hours ago, uraniumhexoflorite said:

Thats really cool. I got one question tho. Why are you growing spikers on your base? :)

These are my petz. Kinda weird but I like them - they don't touch you since you don't touch them, it's fair. I always make friends among them.

On 3/23/2017 at 5:52 AM, time_trial said:

a thousand resin????? how did you manage that? that's impressive! did you have to go down 8 layers of caves or something?

1 hour ago, skurlton said:

a thousand resin????? how did you manage that? that's impressive! did you have to go down 8 layers of caves or something?

Thanks. Got all of it in one or two layers down, it was all over the place in area around my base.

Hats off to you!

Are you now going to place a solar panel on each one and see how quickly it'll take to charge a battery. Could be an instant charge!