Best I found so far is position the crane on the end of a pulled truck, that is filled with storage  then it automatically fills up storage, swap when full and continue, NOTE - I saw some people with problems with partial filled cells - I tried to fill them before swapping  

20170322152021_1.jpg

20170322152611_1.jpg

20170322152623_1.jpg

Thanks for the idea! I've been only using the 2 on the crane, getting out every time one fills to put it on my backpack.

And yeah the partial cells are annoying. If you have 2 different partials on the crane and start collecting a 3rd resource, one of them will pop off. You can't interact with it except blowing it up with dynamite. But hey any excuse to blow something up will receive a warm welcome from me!

@Petrataur I think it fills up the available storage on the truck, I was swapping(storage) when truck was full - I am happy to be corrected if it just fills up all available slots on vehicle

1 minute ago, tonez_4466 said:

@Petrataur I think it fills up the available storage on the truck, I was swapping(storage) when truck was full - I am happy to be corrected if it just fills up all available slots on vehicle

You're probably right, I haven't tried your method. I was talking about using a crane without any other available storage on the truck (the only way I've ever done it, like the dope that I am)

4 minutes ago, Petrataur said:

You're probably right, I haven't tried your method. I was talking about using a crane without any other available storage on the truck (the only way I've ever done it, like the dope that I am)

been there done that like all us dopes here matey :)

14 hours ago, tonez_4466 said:

Hmmm, is that new with 131?  My experience is that once the two one crane spots are filled, it spits them onto the ground no matter how many storage spots are open.

I have taken partial items to other planets and i am able to move them around, ideal because I want to fill them up

Yep, I do the same. Truck with storage on top of storage with the crane. Regarding partially filled nodes, the advantage to using the small storage is you can easily remove them, build another and/or blow them up.