If this has been fixed in patch "131", please excuse me as I am yet to create a world in the patch, but it seems that all of the research I open only gives out resources. 

I found a cave with 30+ research pods (I'm not kidding, 30+) right near each other, I made a "research train" (a bunch of rovers connected to a truck) and brought them back. One by one, they all game me copper, compound, etc. no new items...

I've been playing the save for a while and am pretty low on progress. Any ideas?

You need to research different object, researches performed on same object give no result, also in case you didn't know. 131 doesn't add any new researches

The research "nuts" as we call them over at Reddit, work like this... Once you have researched a "unique" nut it will only give out resources after that. So you have to keep finding different ones until you have un-locked all the equipment that they provide.

So the first Gold Cube that you find and use on the research table WILL un-lock something, as long as you have something left to un-lock, other wise it will run through the un-lock animation but wont give you anything. The next Gold Cube you use will only give you a resource. There are a lot more different nuts than stuff to un-lock, so dont worry about that.

And I won't spoil anything for you... but there are places that will make 30+ seem small ;)

On 3/19/2017 at 9:59 PM, The_Gump said:

The research "nuts" as we call them over at Reddit, work like this... Once you have researched a "unique" nut it will only give out resources after that. So you have to keep finding different ones until you have un-locked all the equipment that they provide.

So the first Gold Cube that you find and use on the research table WILL un-lock something, as long as you have something left to un-lock, other wise it will run through the un-lock animation but wont give you anything. The next Gold Cube you use will only give you a resource. There are a lot more different nuts than stuff to un-lock, so dont worry about that.

And I won't spoil anything for you... but there are places that will make 30+ seem small ;)

cool!  I'm excited to explore more now.  I thought the grind was getting tedious...

On 3/19/2017 at 10:59 PM, The_Gump said:

That makes sense. Thanks!