AWrapNamedTim

Are there too many rovers?

1 hour ago, Lithium said:

There is no limit, just penalty, as your chain will get heavier, slower, and less stable.

That's one thing that annoys me about the vehicles; they clearly each have their own independant motors and power supplies so chaining them together should not mean that the front one has to pull all of the others. They should all pull their own weight, unless one runs out of power sooner due to a heavier load. THEN it would need to be dragged.

This would also solve the rubber-banding issue.

Edited by Isotonic

Actually, forget the running out of power bit. Power should just be distributed evenly through the umbilicals.

Rover orgy. In 6 to 10 weeks you should expect quite a litter of baby rovers. Make sure to feed the mother rovers enough power as nursing baby rovers takes quite a lot of power. They grow up so fast!

On ‎19‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 7:31 AM, Isotonic said:

They should all pull their own weight, unless one runs out of power sooner due to a heavier load. THEN it would need to be dragged.

/agree

1 hour ago, swatsqad said:

has anyone attempted to chain this around the planet?

cool idea

I will do it right after circumbasing Barren (still in progress)

3 hours ago, swatsqad said:

has anyone attempted to chain this around the planet?

Don't mean to kill the fun, but it would be more resource efficient to make a line of platforms using resin :)

I've thought about doing this all the way to one of the poles so I can set up a little solar array that works 24/7. Never got around to it.

18 hours ago, Petrataur said:

Don't mean to kill the fun, but it would be more resource efficient to make a line of platforms using resin :)

I've thought about doing this all the way to one of the poles so I can set up a little solar array that works 24/7. Never got around to it.

Yeah but rovers would be glitchier :D

Used to be if you attached 6-7 rovers in a circle, the game would drop to 1 fps.. so you did well and so have the devs in killing the lagouts.  Personally I stick to 3 in a link now.  Same with trucks.

2 hours ago, Robert Adger-Barton said:

how do you chain them together?

Position one near the back of another, and you should see one of the see-through blue "pipe" connections.  Click on it and it will create a connector between them, that will let you use one to tow the other.

Fair warning, though, they're kind of unwieldy when there's more than one in a line.