SES_Adam

"131" - March 17th, 2017

72 posts in this topic

Love all the new looking research rocks, please make more!  I've got plenty research items for now.   (/sarcasm)

No sarcasm at all in that I have enjoyed the performance increases.  The game is so much more playable now than ever.  Hope the devs consider adding lower graphics modes for more computer types to play this game on.  This would allow so many more multiple player possibilities if even recent but low end laptops could play it.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, Nick Ogborne said:

Is anyone else having issues with the head always looking to one side, even when then terrain tool is put away?

Yeah I seem to have a similar issue. Toggle the Terrain tool on and off will correct for a little while.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:31 AM, Martin said:

Anyone noticed an issue with power regen being slower than usual using the small solars?  A few times I've been standing at dawn to see no improvement of power regen, it ticks at same speed as being in darkness.

Yes,  I find that I have to move far enough away that the tether to the vehicle disconnects and then the Solar starts working better.  I can then approach the vehicle and reconnect and the solar continues to work normally.

I'm really sad, because the update do not improve my FPS. I have the same problem, my video card is sleeping while my fps is around 40. The FPS drops when I have started discovering new planets, each planet reduced my FPS until 20.

In the picture, I have discovered one planet.

On the other side the update improved the driving of  rovers and reduced some graphic bugs. Great work, go on!

The game is running with a GTX 1060, a Intel I5 4430 and 16GB RAM.

Astro-Win64-Shipping_2017_03_23_23_21_04_617.bmp

4 hours ago, Professor Knallwinkel said:

I'm really sad, because the update do not improve my FPS. I have the same problem, my video card is sleeping while my fps is around 40. The FPS drops when I have started discovering new planets, each planet reduced my FPS until 20.

In the picture, I have discovered one planet.

On the other side the update improved the driving of  rovers and reduced some graphic bugs. Great work, go on!

The game is running with a GTX 1060, a Intel I5 4430 and 16GB RAM.

Astro-Win64-Shipping_2017_03_23_23_21_04_617.bmp

Seems poor optimization on CPU really hurts the performance. this frame rate on a 1060 at 1080p is ridiculous, as well as the GPU load. bet you would get the same fps on 4k.

I do not seem to be noticing performance improvements on Xbox one... :(

On 3/17/2017 at 7:11 PM, Nick Ogborne said:

Is anyone else having issues with the head always looking to one side, even when then terrain tool is put away?

Im having the same issue as of right now. It wasn't doing it earlier but now anytime I run or walk, it looks to either the left or right side and will do that for about 10 minutes if I'm running in a straight line

On 3/17/2017 at 2:10 PM, SES_Adam said:

Contact support @ systemera.net with details of the save game, as well as a copy of the save game file. You should find it in C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

What's the fix for this problem on XBOX? Every time I select a save file the game reboots and freezes. 

Posted (edited)

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, ChippWins said:

What's the fix for this problem on XBOX? Every time I select a save file the game reboots and freezes. 

Typical Alpha level software issues.  Nothing can be guaranteed at this point.  Just delete that save file and start a new one.

Edited by Nargg

My 1st games in the 1st two builds wont load, and haven't for the last update, when will that be fixed ?

On 27/3/2017 at 1:08 PM, Chase Page said:

I do not seem to be noticing performance improvements on Xbox one... :(

hope

On 09/04/2017 at 1:28 AM, ETwhisperer said:

My 1st games in the 1st two builds wont load, and haven't for the last update, when will that be fixed ?

They probably won't.

It's pre-alpha, don't get attached to your saves.

If your saves won't load after an update, or if you don't notice any of the changes, delete them and start again

Is the pattern from last two updates gonna continue, and is the new latch coming out in the next week our so?

I don't even bother tbh trying to play old saves when a new patch comes out. I ditch all of them as soon as a new update appears.

I remember well the first stream I watched and took the words very much to heart. Might not be an exact quote but the gist from the Devs was "if we implement changes (such as to performance & what not) to the extent it breaks players' save files, we'd like to think the improvements we've made will be worth 'the price' in inconvenience overall" (yes I'm paraphrasing a good bit here, but I believe I'm faithful to the intent of that message overall, and so far I've felt it was definitely a statement made in good faith. This last patch in particular has really improved FPS/performance on Xbox One (I don't game on PC so can't speak to that) and the terrain control has been smoother, better as well.

Still many improvements to be made, of course, but all in due time. It's a small team (growing, though I share much empathy & condolences for their recent loss), adapting to new digs & routines, learning new skills & expanding existing ones too, it's all got to be difficult while all us players ask (sometimes demand lol) so much more, done yesterday no doubt hehe. Nothing to be done but be patient. Great things come to those who wait. 

2 hours ago, Shadow Echo said:

I don't even bother tbh trying to play old saves when a new patch comes out. I ditch all of them as soon as a new update appears.

I remember well the first stream I watched and took the words very much to heart. Might not be an exact quote but the gist from the Devs was "if we implement changes (such as to performance & what not) to the extent it breaks players' save files, we'd like to think the improvements we've made will be worth 'the price' in inconvenience overall" (yes I'm paraphrasing a good bit here, but I believe I'm faithful to the intent of that message overall, and so far I've felt it was definitely a statement made in good faith. This last patch in particular has really improved FPS/performance on Xbox One (I don't game on PC so can't speak to that) and the terrain control has been smoother, better as well.

Still many improvements to be made, of course, but all in due time. It's a small team (growing, though I share much empathy & condolences for their recent loss), adapting to new digs & routines, learning new skills & expanding existing ones too, it's all got to be difficult while all us players ask (sometimes demand lol) so much more, done yesterday no doubt hehe. Nothing to be done but be patient. Great things come to those who wait. 

Beautiful! That is nice to note they devs addressed it verbally. Thank you friend.

Para cuando actualizacion para los usuarios de PC? Algo nuevo, carece de gracia el juego sin mas contenido una pena.

For when update for PC users? Something new, lacks grace the game without more content a penalty.

Posted (edited)

System Era stated around the beginning of the year that they were hiring more folks.  I personally had hoped that would mean updates on a regular and frequent basis.  Turns out we are seeing updates only monthly since this change.  For a very new game with expected content, that seems a bit slow to me too.  Slightly more frequent updates, no matter how small the changes would be helpful in keeping the game alive in the community.  The content so far is pretty easily mastered in very little time.

In other words, yes, I too am already getting bored with the game.  I know System Era means to have a very playable game with lots of content eventually.  And, I do support them in their efforts, albeit as slow as they currently feel.  Even updates on the "Experimental" side would be helpful.  And, yes, bugs can be fun :)

Edited by Nargg

Game develpoment seems very slow to me, how many developers are developing this game? (developer myself, love the game!)

16 hours ago, Yocttar said:

Game develpoment seems very slow to me, how many developers are developing this game? (developer myself, love the game!)

Currently, 8.
There are quite a few good reasons why everything has been slow lately, but it'll be faster in the future! :)

3 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Currently, 8.
There are quite a few good reasons why everything has been slow lately, but it'll be faster in the future! :)

I'd rather wait for development and updates to work properly, than rush things leaving more possible bugs and frustration on the players.  I've seen some pre-alpha developers rush things and completely kill gameplay due the community pushing for new content.    

It's pre-alpha, what is the expectation?  It's not like they are adding additional 3D models to existing logic in the game.  They are adding new functionality, entire weather logic, etc. to the game.  That's huge.

Don't want another 'No Man's Sky' debacle, biggest hype and push from community, and delivered incomplete.  Where is the game now except in ruins.  Keep up the good work... take your time.  

LOVE THE GAME!!!!

Edited by Papabear1980

Hey guys, sorry I've been out for a while but I do plan on getting involved into the community more.  I'm also planing on streaming the ga e on Beam so if anyone is interested in either watching or being apart of the stream in-game pm me and let me know.

Edit: also I love the performance enhancements, my game runs smoother however the ground doesn't dig like it used to.  It's almost like the ground is having the lag problem instead of the FPS.

Edited by SilverSilhouette

xbox one is 131.0 and windows 131.2

did a complete reinstall of xbox one

15 hours ago, SophisticatedDonkey said:

There is another patch coming tomorrow it might solve some of these issues your having? idk we will see but just be patient and test every new patch that comes out thats our job as early pre alpha testers/ game buyers.

still at 131.0 on xbox and 131.2 on pc... when does the rotation happen on xbox?

On 20.4.2017 at 1:47 AM, Shadow Echo said:

I (luckily, as of yet) don't have near so much trouble with the vehicles (knock on the proverbial wood) but I know many do. I sympathize with the countless others affected (I mean, just look above at the stickied, merged thread-it wouldn't exist if there weren't a lot of problems being reported). There are a few things I've gleaned from reading through some of these reports. When vehicles go missing, assuming you don't see them float off into the sky, go orbiting, etc, they're often found in a cave directly (or nearly so) underneath where they pulled their "disappearing act". You could try digging down looking for them, but you might scout the area first to see if there's a cave entrance in the area which would make it a lot easier to enter the cave system and start looking (once you get into the cave system it becomes a bit easier to spot the tell-tale beacons associated with the vehicles in question). As far as the skyward-bound vehicles, I've read they can be made to fall back to the ground if you start building terrain up towards them. Now, this may not always be feasible in every situation. I've read some vehicles seem to disappear entirely, and others decide to enter some kind of orbital status. Im guessing the chances of retrieval are pretty low in those circumstances. But when you can see your vehicle, and  its position seems stationary above the ground, and that position isn't too high above the terrain, plus you have the resources (such as power, oxygen, tethers, etc) to build up to it (or at least near it), there may be some hope in recovering it. Apparently just building up to it "can" cause it to fall back to the ground level. I don't know the success rate for this maneuver, having never tried it before, but I suppose if you've lost that many vehicles and that many resources/items, it's worth a shot if you feel you could reach one (or try the cave search if you think one or more might have fallen into the depths below which is an extremely common cause for misplaced vehicles. Anyway, sorry I can't be of more assistance and I know this is incredibly frustrating, but perhaps these can help you find or reach some of your lost vehicles. Hang in there (no pun intended). It's still pre-alpha which means the game is still in development and there are still many bugs left to be resolved. Overall I think the game is still highly enjoyable, although I will say I don't depend much on vehicles for exploration lol. I do a lot of wandering about Terran tbh just off-tether in fact. There's often a lot of oxygen and power to keep me going especially if I pop in every now and then to a cave system to stock up (plus I favor Terran planets with many of the tree structures, as they provide lots of repeat research pods, granting lots of additional resources such as titanium (hence extra O2 tanks to extend my range to wander about by foot) in addition to ores, lithium, and other materials. Since I run them through the research center first, I'm guaranteed to continue to get resources from them even once I've exhausted researching blueprints (ultimately I do hope we get resources from ALL research items even after all blueprints have been unlocked, because that's the way I think the game should work, hopefully a future update will include this feature). It would make sense, as there are many more research item types than unlockables, and I can't see (in the near future) the Devs adding something like 30 unlockables. Maybe someday, much further down the road, but not right now with the emphasis being more on enhancing performance rather than adding a ton of content. I'm fine with that actually, best to get the game running really well before jumping the gun and adding a bunch of stuff that isn't enjoyable because the game constantly crashes or has other issues. Anyway, good luck hopefully finding some of your missing items and vehicles.