SES_Adam

"131" - March 17th, 2017

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Nick Ogborne said:

Is anyone else having issues with the head always looking to one side, even when then terrain tool is put away?

Yes, this bothers me as well and it's not new to 131. The player's head (and attached light) points relative to the mouse, but only within a certain range in the direction the body is facing. I frequently find myself shuffling around to try and illuminate something because I'm looking around with the mouse but the torso doesn't move unless you are pressing a movement key. Even with that understanding it's still sometimes hard to get the light pointed where I want, it's finicky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prior to the patch, the winch was sometimes able to pull solar arrays (via holding the winch, or attaching it to the truck, the truck working less compared to carrying the winch), but now I can't winch the solar array at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JelliJams said:

Prior to the patch, the winch was sometimes able to pull solar arrays (via holding the winch, or attaching it to the truck, the truck working less compared to carrying the winch), but now I can't winch the solar array at all.

Semi-off topic in my opinion.* But: are you sure the array is completly dug up? Some of the hitboxes are quite large and require alot of ground to be removed before these become movable.

*bug.section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One problem I encountered was my resolution setting. I have two monitors: one is 1920x1080 and the other is 2560x1440. I play Astroneer on my main, 2560x1440. However, the video settings keep resetting to 1920x1080 every 20 seconds, no matter how many times I move it to the proper resolution and hit apply. Sometimes, it registers for a second and switches to the proper resolution and other times, it doesn't do anything. This has not been a problem until the 131 patch.

Edited by Darrien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone noticed an issue with power regen being slower than usual using the small solars?  A few times I've been standing at dawn to see no improvement of power regen, it ticks at same speed as being in darkness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Martin said:

Anyone noticed an issue with power regen being slower than usual using the small solars?  A few times I've been standing at dawn to see no improvement of power regen, it ticks at same speed as being in darkness.

Yep sometimes they don't work at all now. I've been stranded in a rover a couple of times, staring at the sun, wondering why it has forsaken me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this have been forgotten but I've been looking at the road map and it hasn't been updated since january? Could I make a wish from Adam to give us some hype by updating as the current patch is released? 

Sincere

Sathuros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My truck has a battery & solar panel & when the sun comes up they won't recharge. I found that if I get off of the truck & plant a tether they start charging immediately. I can live with it until it's fixed.

 

John

Edited by John Carpenter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we please be able to name Beacons? I see a beacon a quarter of the world away, forget what it was for, drive all the way there just to find out it'd for something I don't need at the moment. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Darrien said:

One problem I encountered was my resolution setting. I have two monitors: one is 1920x1080 and the other is 2560x1440. I play Astroneer on my main, 2560x1440. However, the video settings keep resetting to 1920x1080 every 20 seconds, no matter how many times I move it to the proper resolution and hit apply. Sometimes, it registers for a second and switches to the proper resolution and other times, it doesn't do anything. This has not been a problem until the 131 patch.

I've seen a ton of issues with multi monitors.  I wish I could play the game on my second monitor, but the mouse becomes useless when I move the Astroneer window to that monitor.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WildTiger said:

I agree, clicking the right stick to toggle sprint like in other games would be much better. I never use sprint because this way (holding while clicking the stick) it's very clunky and feels like I'm breaking the controller.

19 hours ago, Xmas Tea Towel said:

Massive increase to perf on X1.  My old chunky mine to the centre of planet is playable again!  Will this performance hold up off world? 

Also want/need a toggle for sprint on X1 instead if hold....  My hand cramps up! 

22 hours ago, Erick Iury said:

I'm very excited for this, but 'u guys should put in the game a option to configure the controls, i don't want to be staying pressing the analog button to run anymore :(

It should help the Xbox Players like me...

yes, please make this a thing.  It's how other games toggle the run walk and would make it much less difficult to run around.  Especially when holding an item in your hands and running.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good patch overall.  Except for breaking power issues on vehicles.   My avg fps remained at 62 for nearly 4 hours of gameplay, it only dipped when the storm approached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 17, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Nick Ogborne said:

Is anyone else having issues with the head always looking to one side, even when then terrain tool is put away?

I've seen the heat freak out when holding/carrying anything so I wouldn't be surprised if the head is even more glitches now.  I usually ignore it and move on sense it's just a minor, non-game breaking glitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the 0.2.10131.2 update of the Microsoft Store? googling it i can't find info. On the recent updates show me "updated Yesterday".

Edited by dr4g0n36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18.3.2017 at 1:31 PM, Martin said:

Anyone noticed an issue with power regen being slower than usual using the small solars?  A few times I've been standing at dawn to see no improvement of power regen, it ticks at same speed as being in darkness.

I noticed I sometimes have to re-attach the small solar (and maybe other energy sources as well) to actually get power out of them.

On 18.3.2017 at 4:02 PM, Isotonic said:

Yep sometimes they don't work at all now. I've been stranded in a rover a couple of times, staring at the sun, wondering why it has forsaken me.

Edited by barbarossa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 7:11 PM, Nick Ogborne said:

Is anyone else having issues with the head always looking to one side, even when then terrain tool is put away?

Yes, I'm having the same issue. My Astroneer seems to have a case of space paranoia lol always looking over the shoulder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Moonminer008 said:

Where can I watch the recording of the livestream? :) I wasnt able to watch it live.

@SES_Adam I watched the video now. Nice couch you got there guys. Keep up the great work ^_^  This game literally tons of rock(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after two hours of playing with a friend on xbox live the fps were getting lower and lower -.-

and the new research objects are cool but useless because you cant get new buildings or vehicels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jan Miller said:

after two hours of playing with a friend on xbox live the fps were getting lower and lower -.-

and the new research objects are cool but useless because you cant get new buildings or vehicels

I love the game, but I wish they would stop adding the research objects until the items actually unlock more content.  It's pointless to add cool looking collectibles only to drop them in the research station to receive a simple bundle of compound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.