SES_Adam

"131" - March 17th, 2017

patch131.thumb.png.efaf47aacf1c08ac671963eb30e065d2.png

Hello! We've just rolled out Patch 131 to Xbox Play Anywhere and Steam. This patch heavily focuses on how players can interact with and manage save files, as well as some significant performance updates to portions of the game.

IMPORTANT: The patch will be rolled out to Xbox One users between now and the next 48 hours.

Check out our stream later today, March 17th @ 4PM EST (1PM PST, -4 UTC) on twitch.tv/ses_dev for an update on the brand new studio, our growing team, and the next major content update coming to Astroneer!

CONTENT CHANGES

• 8 new rock-based discoveries available for research

SAVE FILE UX ON SATELLITE MENU

• Can delete saves
  • Saves use fixed numbered slots
  • Most recent save selected by default
  • Disable starting new game when saves full

TWEAKS

• Reduced camera auto-adjustment so it interferes less when using gamepad
  • Updated attenuation settings on refinery audio. No longer playing as 2d.
  • Adjusted the Terrain cursor analog stick motion curve

PERFORMANCE

• Improved physics update efficiency.
  • Plant Materials updated to be less GPU intensive.
  • Major optimization to base networks and tethers.
  • Significantly reduce network bandwidth usage.

I always start over with each patch, so I can get a sense of all of the recent changes and to hone my skills.

15 minutes ago, ghostwolf said:

I guess my hope to revive a save from 119 is dead now - still crashing :(

Contact support @ systemera.net with details of the save game, as well as a copy of the save game file. You should find it in C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

Just now, SES_Adam said:

Contact supports @ systemera.net with details of the save game, as well as a copy of the save game file. You should find it in C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

I will, thanks.

45 minutes ago, SES_Adam said:
  • 8 new rock-based discoveries available for research

Does this mean 8 new research items to unlock the existing schematics or 8 new schematics to unlock?

Edited by bicycle

I am going to be checking my Xbox every hour to see if the patch is good to go. Is one of the new rocks space crack because I am hooked!

@SES_Adam noticed the O2 refill sound is either not playing or too low to hear since the update. I will log a bug on it in the proper section.

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to building a G I A N T base :-)

ApoNono

YouTube: Apo and Bean Gaming

Thanks for all the hard work, Sugars. <3 Watching your game patiently for when it's done. All these GPU and network optimization are greatly appreciated. I bought a copy for my friend Cael, but she can't play it with me because her computer is a potato. She wanted to refund it, but I told her "Just wait... it's a Beta. They will otpimize it. The best computer in the world can't run a simple program if it's poorly optimized."

I'm a software engineer in training at college... :3 So I've been waiting for some helpful optimizations.

You guys are great. <3 Thanks for the updates. ^_^

I'm very excited for this, but 'u guys should put in the game a option to configure the controls, i don't want to be staying pressing the analog button to run anymore :(

It should help the Xbox Players like me...

sulla Xbox one dopo aver costruito un pó di cose..il framerate si abbassa così tanto da non poter giocare in modo godibile..speriamo bene :) perché questo gioco è un capolavoro ❤

IMG_1114.MP4

"8 new rock-based discoveries available for research " That means 8 new research like buildings or items or 8 news research spot? On old save everything will work fine?

Edited by Milkfish

I like the changes.

But I had hoped for a fix for the "vehicle flies away upon eject" problem.
It really kills my motivation to play the game when my shuttle or rover gets sent flying and turned upside down
every other time I eject it.

Major performance improvement for my Barren polar base. On patch 125 I had FPS in the mid 30s, now with patch 131 it's up to mid-50s.

Really looking forward to playing this game as it continues to improve and expand. Keep it up!

So impressed with this update...

From the start menu interface (no more "double splash/pre-alpha screens") to landing a new game, my user experienced increased a thousand percent.  Smoother feel, improved visual appeal, physics and interactions much improved!!

Thanks!

Massive increase to perf on X1.  My old chunky mine to the centre of planet is playable again!  Will this performance hold up off world? 

Also want/need a toggle for sprint on X1 instead if hold....  My hand cramps up! 

23 minutes ago, Xmas Tea Towel said:

Also want/need a toggle for sprint on X1 instead if hold....  My hand cramps up! 

I agree, clicking the right stick to toggle sprint like in other games would be much better. I never use sprint because this way (holding while clicking the stick) it's very clunky and feels like I'm breaking the controller.

Is anyone else having issues with the head always looking to one side, even when then terrain tool is put away?

Unlike the last patch there is a huge performance increase even for old save games. One of my old save jumped from 43 to 90 fps and my slowest save in my collection from 30 to 44 fps.