Sign in to follow this  
ner0417

Slippery Slopes

This bug I have experienced many times, and, like many bugs, it can be quite useful.

I typically climb all of the tall mountains near my base to put beacons on them so I can find my way home. This most often requires digging a trail to the summit. After I have placed my beacon, the trip down the mountain is treacherous, because the character tends to 'skid' down surfaces that are steeper than only about a 20 degree angle, or so. So, when I go into steeper caves, or down  mountain, my little astronaut slips and slides very quickly down the slope, which can often lead to shooting right over an unexpected edge at fast speeds, launching me to my death. This 'skidding' can be stopped easily by moving in the opposite direction, and if you have a good, not so dangerous path, it can be handy for moving down slopes quickly, although the fall damage tends to hurt you quite bad even on a flat slope (you get hit with fall damage even on little bumps while you are 'skidding' because you go so fast).

Obviously this isn't a game-breaking bug or anything, but rather an interesting feature(?) that could be better if it were streamlined / improved.

Thanks!