Lithium

A little bit of Fluff

So I've experimented a bit with the latest build of Astroneer, I discovered that

• Some modules actually do has a flexible cables that can be moved at will and function without a being attached to.

20170311180228_1.thumb.jpg.706271acb44fd5f0a9dddfb8e8d6e4d4.jpg20170311180245_1.thumb.jpg.f05ed296749f314f6b8dd7cdba075752.jpg58c3db42eba60_20170311180427_1-Copy.thumb.jpg.ab9107457e72d2fb2a5f3bd396068c35.jpg

55 minutes ago, Lithium said:

So I've experimented a bit with the latest build of Astroneer, I discovered that

• Some modules actually do has a flexible cables that can be moved at will and function without a being attached to.

I thought that was a bug in the game where the cable would disappear. Isn't the crane a tier 3 module? And how the heck are you lifting that thing? You know I could see it if you were on barren.

Hmm, I didn't know the crane didn't require power to operate. Maybe I should use it a little more.

They still need power tho, that's just me taking a picture (I'm supposed to put a battery on the platform)

25 minutes ago, Lithium said:

They still need power tho, that's just me taking a picture (I'm supposed to put a battery on the platform)

That still doesn't explain why you have a crane on the ground instead of on the back of a rover or truck. Is it a tier 3 or is it a tier 2 now?

On your 3rd pic, is that the new claw attachment? and what is it that you're playing with on the end of the claw?

16 minutes ago, Mak-a-Face said:

That still doesn't explain why you have a crane on the ground instead of on the back of a rover or truck. Is it a tier 3 or is it a tier 2 now?

On your 3rd pic, is that the new claw attachment? and what is it that you're playing with on the end of the claw?

The thing on the crane is just some unreleased content, the crane is still a Tier-3 object, and I used a rover and winch to drag it around.

I'm so confused...

- what is that disc that the crane is built on

- how did you build the crane on a non-vehicle

- what is attached to other end of the crane

Also I was under the impression cranes didn't use any power. Do they drain power from the vehicle they're attached to?

8 hours ago, Lithium said:

So I've experimented a bit with the latest build of Astroneer, [...]

Is this build number 0.2.10125.0?

9 hours ago, Petrataur said:

I'm so confused...

- what is that disc that the crane is built on

- how did you build the crane on a non-vehicle

- what is attached to other end of the crane

Also I was under the impression cranes didn't use any power. Do they drain power from the vehicle they're attached to?

1. It's just a rubber platform, every module have that when they're not attached to a platform
  2. I tried to build the crane on a filled up vehicle, the result is that the crane is built not attached to a vehicle
  3. It's a geothermal generator, as I said, unreleased content
9 hours ago, Marck said:

Is this build number 0.2.10125.0?

I think it's from patch "125"

3 minutes ago, Lithium said:

It's a geothermal generator, as I said, unreleased content

And that will be tier 2 I'm guessing. I noticed that it come with a base extension umbilical port.

On 3/12/2017 at 0:09 AM, Lithium said:

I tried to build the crane on a filled up vehicle, the result is that the crane is built not attached to a vehicle

Oh, interesting. So you can do the same with large storage, 3 seaters, etc? Can you place it on a vehicle afterwards, or onto a building node? If so, is it then stuck there permanently as if you'd built it on the vehicle to begin with? So many questions and I'm at work so I can't do it myself! lol

20 hours ago, Petrataur said:

Oh, interesting. So you can do the same with large storage, 3 seaters, etc? Can you place it on a vehicle afterwards, or onto a building node? If so, is it then stuck there permanently as if you'd built it on the vehicle to begin with? So many questions and I'm at work so I can't do it myself! lol

No, as far as i know you are unnable to attach those to a vehicle.. they just behave as separate entities.